搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 蘇浙N1, 11月14號面試喇 ~
樓主: Twinboys08
go

蘇浙N1, 11月14號面試喇 ~ [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 09-11-16 17:19 |只看該作者

回覆 2# pingu_k 的文章

我都覺得用咩言語見唔係咩問題, 就係唔識先想讀距嘛 ~ 嘩, 要等2個月先有結果啊?? 真係出年先知囉 !

82#
發表於 09-11-16 21:01 |只看該作者
其實蘇浙N1收幾多個小朋友?你哋都有報其他NURSERY嗎?我囡囡下個星期六會IN衛理幼兒園。希望阿女生性D。不過兩間相比,我都係BUY蘇浙多D。

83#
發表於 09-11-17 09:34 |只看該作者
Me too......just to share with you my information (離題, as the topic here is about 蘇浙) ....my girl has PN offers from蘇浙 & 衛理幼兒園 (also Victoria) last year.  I like 衛理  very much and I have even paid the Sept school fee.  However, I have finally chosen 蘇浙 for her after a series of struggle and after attended the orientation of 衛理 (so I know more about 衛理).  衛理幼兒園 is good in my opionion, I trust my kid will be happy studying there too, as the teachers are cheerful and caring in my eye (I think most Christians are nice), the school is quite organised administratively, however, it does not have English class in PN at all (KG has but not every day), which is what I emphasised a lot, so, 蘇浙 has outweigted it in this regard.

Besides, I cannot imagin how can more than 55 students learn together in a big big classroom (to be fair, with 6 teachers & 嬸嬸 in the classroom at the same time to take care of the children).  So, if one say  蘇浙 has many students in a class, 衛理幼兒園 has even more (not the case for 衛理 KG as the KG's classroom is much much smaller).

原帖由 yy2009 於 09-11-16 21:01 發表
其實蘇浙N1收幾多個小朋友?你哋都有報其他NURSERY嗎?我囡囡下個星期六會IN衛理幼兒園。希望阿女生性D。不過兩間相比,我都係BUY蘇浙多D。

84#
發表於 09-11-17 10:35 |只看該作者

回覆 1# Sorb 的文章

Sorb,

So your daughter is studing at So chit at the end. Could you please share with us approximate how many students in one class? This is because when I browse their activity photos on the website, I found there're quite a lot of students in one class...Though I don't think my boys could get in because of their performance on the interview day, still would like to know whether I should apply for KG again next year.

85#
發表於 09-11-17 10:46 |只看該作者
I think they still have interviews coming up on 21 & 28 of Nov.

86#
發表於 09-11-17 10:54 |只看該作者
There are about 33-35 students in my girl's PN class (attendance is normally 30 based on the photoes taken by the teachers as some maybe absence).  I didn't aware so many students until the 1st day of the school year.  On the first 3 days, one parent can go into the classroom with the child, so, more than 70 people crowded in the room and one of the air-conditioners was out of order.  You can imagin how it was like....horrible....it made me almost wanted to quit the school. But after the first 3 days, only the students were inside the classroom, the classrom suddenly looks very spacious woh.......so, my worry was over.  (Give you another example, for Victoria Habour View, maybe around 22 students in one class, but the area per student is lesser than KCS because the classroom of Victoria is much smaller).  

Now come to KG, 38 students in one classroom and the classroom is a little bit smaller than the PN classroom, so, a little bit less spacious.........

AM class competition in KCS is very very keen. If your kid's performance is not good, you may not get an AM offer, but I am pretty sure you can have a PM offer if you have selected PM class at the same time as I remember you/your husband is the alumni of KCS.  So, no worry.

原帖由 Twinboys08 於 09-11-17 10:35 發表
Sorb,

So your daughter is studing at So chit at the end. Could you please share with us approximate how many students in one class? This is because when I browse their activity photos on the website ...

87#
發表於 09-11-17 11:12 |只看該作者
Sorb, how many PN class ar?

88#
發表於 09-11-17 11:47 |只看該作者
I can't remember exactly, I think is 5 classes (3 AM classes + 2 PM), approximately 180 seats.

If you have time to tour around the campus, all the PN classes are situated on the G/F and it will have the label marked as N1A/N1B/N1C... outside the classroom.  You can peek into the classroom to observe how the class is conducted and if it is crowded or not.  KCS is quite Open Door in term of this, so, it is good for the full time mum as they can peek through the window of the door to see how their children behave in the class : )

原帖由 wongshiulo 於 09-11-17 11:12 發表
Sorb, how many PN class ar?

89#
發表於 09-11-17 14:08 |只看該作者
原帖由 Sorb 於 09-11-17 10:54 發表
There are about 33-35 students in my girl's PN class (attendance is normally 30 based on the photoes taken by the teachers as some maybe absence).  I didn't aware so many students until the 1st day of ...

wow, sooooo many students in one class!!  Even hv enough teachers to take care of them, would the big class affect the concentration of learning?.......

90#
發表於 09-11-17 14:09 |只看該作者
原帖由 Twinboys08 於 09-11-16 17:19 發表
我都覺得用咩言語見唔係咩問題, 就係唔識先想讀距嘛 ~ 嘩, 要等2個月先有結果啊?? 真係出年先知囉 !

tks Twinboys08 & kineey!!

91#
發表於 09-11-17 14:10 |只看該作者
原帖由 wongshiulo 於 09-11-17 10:46 發表
I think they still have interviews coming up on 21 & 28 of Nov.

yes, I'll hv interview on 28/11!  but waiting for two mths to hv the result......will they hv interviews in Dec & Jan??

92#
發表於 09-11-17 14:17 |只看該作者

回覆 6# Sorb 的文章

Sorb,

Many thanks ah ! You're amazing that you could remember either me or my husband is alumni !!

Really need to think about it as didn't expect there're so many students in one class...with one teacher only ? How will they manage to focus on each student then ?

93#
發表於 09-11-17 14:45 |只看該作者
共有3種語言:
1) english
2) 廣東話
3) 國語

讓你選擇其中一種.

[ 本帖最後由 jdhwangmom 於 09-11-17 14:46 編輯 ]

94#
發表於 09-11-17 15:11 |只看該作者
Additional information:  During the English session, the 3 Chinese teachers will stay inside together with the NET. So, for 1/3 of the time per day, the classroom has 4 teachers co-exist.  For PN class, they will divide the whole class into 3 groups with a Chinese teacher taking care of one group.

I have mentioned this information before, both my kid's PN and KG class, they have 3 teachers (and 1 嬸嬸) taking care of the children.  So, the teacher to student ratio is much better than the government requirement which is 1 to 15.

I think for many other PN and KG, they may have around 25-28 students per class with 2 teachers taking care of them.....

原帖由 Twinboys08 於 09-11-17 14:17 發表
Sorb,

Many thanks ah ! You're amazing that you could remember either me or my husband is alumni !!

Really need to think about it as didn't expect there're so many students in one class...with one t ...

[ 本帖最後由 Sorb 於 09-11-17 15:17 編輯 ]

95#
發表於 09-11-17 16:32 |只看該作者

回覆 86# Sorb 的文章

Hi Sorb,

May i ask what is the teaching language of PN class?  Is it mandarin and english only? then what is the ratio of mandarin : english??
All taught by native speakers?  BTW y didn't u choose victoria?  Thanks!

96#
發表於 09-11-17 18:24 |只看該作者
May i ask what is the teaching language of PN class? ENGLISH AND MANDARINE ONLY IN BOTH PN AND KG.  NO CANTONESE AT ALL.

What is the ratio of mandarin : english?? PN - 30 MINUTES ENGLISH OUT OF 3 HOUR CLASS.  KG - 45 MINUTES OUT OF 3 HOUR'S CLASS

All taught by native speakers? YES, ALL NET

y didn't u choose victoria?  TO BE SHORT, I HAVE ATTENDED ITS PLAYGROUP FOR 1 YEAR (THE PLAYGROUP WAS TAUGHT BY ITS PN AND KG TEACHERS, POORLY ORGANISED. THE QUALITY OF THE TEACHERS NOT VERY GOOD IN MY EYE. SO, I DON'T THINK IT WORTHES THE PRICE. IT'S SYLLABUS IS ONE YEAR BEHIND NORMAL LOCAL KG.

原帖由 A9109494 於 09-11-17 16:32 發表
Hi Sorb,

May i ask what is the teaching language of PN class?  Is it mandarin and english only? then what is the ratio of mandarin : english??
All taught by native speakers?  BTW y didn't u choose vi ...

97#
發表於 09-11-17 19:02 |只看該作者
A9109494, I don't want to mislead you to make a wrong choice.  Victoria is a good school also, if you emphasis English more, Victoria is supposed to be stronger than KCS as the former has 雙班主任制 at all times, i.e. a Chinese and a English teacher exist in the classroom together.  When compared to KCS, it is more 活動教學. I trust your child will be happy studying there too with less homework, no test, so, suppose less pressure. (I have 4 friends whose kid studied in Victoria PN but 3 of them now changed to other more famous KG in K1).  Actually, weather you like the school or not sometimes depends on if you are lucky to meet the good teachers of that school.   

原帖由 Sorb 於 09-11-17 18:24 發表
May i ask what is the teaching language of PN class? ENGLISH AND MANDARINE ONLY IN BOTH PN AND KG.  NO CANTONESE AT ALL.

What is the ratio of mandarin : english?? PN - 30 MINUTES ENGLISH OUT OF 3 HOU ...

98#
發表於 09-11-18 01:00 |只看該作者
原帖由 Sorb 於 09-11-17 18:24 發表

What is the ratio of mandarin : english?? PN - 30 MINUTES ENGLISH OUT OF 3 HOU ...

Dear Sorb,
may i know which Victoria's playgroup u were in?  I've also applied for Victoria's pg, though still waiting.......tks!

99#
發表於 09-11-18 09:39 |只看該作者
Victoria Habour View in Fortress Hill, I joined 2 years ago for one year.  One of my friends whose kid is attending the Victoria playgroup in South Horizon said this one is OK.  So, I think it depends on location and the teachers.  You just try to see if you like it.  At my time, pay monthly fee of around $1200 and can quit give one month's notice.  So, the investment is not huge.  But most of the parents in my playgroup did not quit though all feel not good as we think it may have a higher chance of entering Victoria if we join the playgroup (but I finally gave up Victoria, so, the investment is not worth, hahaha).  I think it is partyly true as long as you choose PM class also.  As far as I know, if you have no connection with Victoria (like Alumni) or the parents do not have very very strong backgroud, like graduate of St Paul Co-ed, it is almost impossible for you to get an AM offer.

原帖由 pingu_k 於 09-11-18 01:00 發表

Dear Sorb,
may i know which Victoria's playgroup u were in?  I've also applied for Victoria's pg, though still waiting.......tks!

100#
發表於 09-11-18 12:05 |只看該作者

回覆 96# Sorb 的文章

Hi Sorb,

Thanks for yr reply.  That means most of the time speaks in mandarin in KCS. If no cantonese at all, is there any difficulty in studying in chinese words, especially the pronunciation when go up to primary 1???
‹ 上一主題|下一主題