教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Shanghai Mommies Club
樓主: critic
go

Shanghai Mommies Club [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 04-12-22 21:56 |只看該作者

Re: Shanghai Mommies Club

Hi Critic,

Wooo...so good you will have a room for your kid.  And you are moving near by my home, we can meet frequently.  

About the apartment.  In my own experience, you have to think about mosqitoes and bugs come from outside as from early Spring to Autum.  I lived in a house for 1.5 years before.  Although we were not living on G/F, I visited G/F always and they informed  me those problems.  G/F has a private garden and they thought they could BBQ & play water in good weather.  Finally they did nothing and moved out after 1.5 years.  If you are considering that apartment, '沙'window and door are must.  

In Shanghai, even you are living in a big estate and managed by a famous mangement firm, like Jones Laxx, see my living place.  衛生環境好到你唔信,蚊多虫多嚇鬼死你. Is it touching in Cantonese?     

42#
發表於 04-12-22 22:00 |只看該作者

Hi Lauren,

Nice to hear from you.  It's really long time no chat .  How's your little girl?  

Hope can meet you up soon.

43#
發表於 04-12-22 22:48 |只看該作者

Alam

I have no idea about buying snow jackets. My secretary did mention there's an indoor snowing area in Shanghai, she said they also sell cheap kid snow jackets. Let me ask her tomorrow.
Alam 寫道:
Dear Critic,

I would like to buy a snow romper for my 2 year old boy for snow play in Japan in Feb, but I could not find a suitable one in HK.  I will come to Shanghai this weekend.  The clothes around HKD200 is fine to me.  Please suggest some good place.  Many thanks.

44#
發表於 04-12-22 22:56 |只看該作者

11月媽媽.

My parents said the same as yours about bugs etc.. they strongly disagree on living on G/F. Better forget it!

My new office is 5-10 mins from Heng Shan Metro. Is that closer to where you live? Actually it's a residential apartment located on G/F.  Inside is quite good because the landlord is running interior design business for 5 star offices.   He changed the unit to office and have an individual back entrance, which is good for us to move-in & out our stock.  He also claimed the Fung Shui is good etc.

45#
發表於 04-12-22 23:03 |只看該作者

Dear Critic,

Thanks for your reply.  I have the telephone number of that indoor ski ground.  I will call them to check it out when I am at Shanghai.  Thanks for your suggestion.

Cheers,
Ada

46#
發表於 04-12-23 10:06 |只看該作者

Hi, Critic,

It is really good that your company can give you free hand in doing business as well as allowing you to renovate the office that also suit your personal issues.  Really Really Great!!!  So, I do think you have made a right choice to choose this company.

Just like what 11月媽咪 and your mother mentioned, I also think that it is not good for living in G/F.  Besides bug and safety problems, littering from upstair tenants as well as water drainage problem should also be considered.  But anyway, you have already decided not to rent, right?

It seems that your son enjoys going to school very much.  Unlike my daughter, she is still crying when going to school and always refuses to wake up.  I don't know how to do........

Tomorrow the school will organize Christmas Party and I will also go there to join them.  I took your advice and have bought the teachers / principal Christmas Party, i.e.  branded Cosmetics.  It uses me around 1,400 for the gift!!!  My husband said that how come!!

Angelachan,

Thanks for your recommendatoin.  

Dear all SH mommies,

Just checked from weather forecast, it is cold and raining during holidays.  According to the forecast, next Monday, the highest temp. and the lowest are 7 degree and 1 degree respectively.  Do take care!!!

47#
發表於 05-1-4 18:23 |只看該作者

Dear all Shanghai mommies,

Happy New Year!  I am very busy and will chat in detail when I've time.

Can any of you refer a ayi to me?  It's for my office, part-time is OK, just a few hours/day. Mon, Wed & Fri only.  Thanks!

48#
發表於 05-1-5 12:21 |只看該作者

Hi Critic,

Happy to here you are back!  Just wondering if you were in Thailand last x'mas.

About ahyi,  I've asked my night time one, she is occupied on 1/3/5 afternoon.  If 2/4 she may ok.   Call me if you will consider it.

My day time ahyi has been replaced.  She worked like 冇心.  Now is thinking to change again, this one works for me 3 days, not good enough.  Aiya....ah yi is so trouble oh

49#
發表於 05-1-5 14:11 |只看該作者

Hi Critic,

Nice to chat with you. My husband may be going to work in Shanghai. If so, my son and me will move to Shanghai soon or later.
I would like to ask you about the international school for my son. Did you visit the following schools before, I only learned that form the web-site.

*Shanghai Rego International School
*Dulwich College Shanghai
*The British International School

Can you recommend any internation school in British standard for me? I'm looking for the primary school.

Thank you for your help.

Crystalss

50#
發表於 05-1-9 15:18 |只看該作者

Dear all SH Mommies,

Just to share with you my recent experience in doctor consultation.

My daughter was in high fever since Tuesday night.  On Wednesday early morning, I brought her to 復旦兒科醫院 to see the senior doctor.  When the doctor tried to identify her sickness, she made me feel so uncomfortable.  She said that her high fever may be due to the virus in throat.  She gave me some local medicine (but all for cough as seen in the instruction sheets of the medicine).  She didn’t give me any medicine to cure her high fever.  When I asked her after I got the medicine from nurse, she said that I can give her extra fever medicine if needed.  My god, my daughter almost finished the high fever medicine brought from HK.  Anyway, I left the hospital with a lot of questions.  My daughter did not have other ill syndrome except very high fever (104 degree).  Will the medicine cure her sickness?

On the same day afternoon, my daughter still had high fever (104 degree).  Even I gave her high fever medicine, the temperature didn’t come down.  Finally, I found the last one “塞肛藥” from the cabinet.  After giving her the medicine, the fever seemed under control.  I rang to my new friend who has been living in SH for more than 5 years to seek for her advice.  She has 3 kids and the youngest son was also born in SH.  She said that she used to give prescribed medicine to her sons and visited復旦兒科醫院 when necessary.  She mentioned that Dr. Lau who attends at the hospital on Wednesday & Saturday Morning is very good.  If I do not have confident to try 復旦兒科醫院, may be I can try the United Family Hospitals and Clinics (和睦家醫院).

She said that the Hospital is just newly set up in Shanghai but is very famous in Beijing for over 25 years.  She has played visit to the hospital, it is very clean and decorated in western style. People here are very nice and helpful.  She has asked about the fee and they said that depending on the medication, normally fee will be around RMB500 to RMB800.  My friend is very kind.  She said if I wanted to go there, she can drive me to the hospital.

On Friday morning, my daughter was in high fever again.  I decided to go to the hospital.  I rang to the hospital (I didn’t want to border my friend first) to check whether I need to make appointment and consult about the charge.  Staff on the phone can speak fluent English and is very politic and patience.  She told me that the charge is around RMB500 to RMB800 normally.  Then I rang my friend to seek for her advice.  As she was just nearby my apartment, she drove me to the hospital.  Here is my experience in the hospital. So I am the “white mouse” for going to visit that new hospital in SH.

When we arrived at the lobby, an English speaking woman greeted me and asked me to fill out the forms (patient data, medical history, some declaration).  She let me sit at the sofa comfortably to fill out the form and always came to me and asked whether I have any questions.  After the registration, a staff came to the lobby to bring us up to the consultation floor.  We waited at the visitor area a while and a nurse came out to bring us to the consultation room.  Two nurses served us in the room for general check up like, measuring the temperature, weight and height, as well as asked me about my daughter sickness.  After that, a Pediatrician came into our room.  The Pediatrician aged around 30+.   She can speak fluent English and Mandarin.  From her conversation, we knew she is a returned Chinese studying / living in USA before returning to SH.  She asked me all the details and explained to me what may happen to my daughter after checking her.  As my daughter did not have other ill syndrome except very high fever (104 degree), she suggested to have some lab testing (blood testing and taking out some liquid from my daughter’s throat) before she can make a right judge. Two nurses came to the room for taking the blood and liquid from my daughter.  The nurses (one senior and one junior as far as I observed) are with kind heart and my daughter just cried for a while and they can comfort her very well.  Finally the lab results came out, the high fever may be caused by “Strep Throat”.  She gave a mild “antibiotic” medicine (a ten-day treatment).  She also told me what I needed to do and observed during the coming days.  We spent here for 2 1/2 hours.

Everything seems fine and I have a good impression on the doctor and the hospital.  Until I received the bill, it scares me…..  You know, they finally charged me RMB2,180 !!!!!!  They do give me a breakdown of the charges.  But anyway, I think I won’t visit them again as I can’t afford it.

Just to conclude, if your can bear the cost or your husband’s employer will bear the cost, it is good to have treatment over there.

11月媽咪, thank you for inviting me to have lunch together on Last Wednesday and I didn’t come as my daughter was very sick.  Hope to chat / meet you before Lunar New Year Holiday.  I planned to return to HK from 29/1 to 22/2.

Critic, still very busy?  Hope everything fine with you.  BTW, my new friend has suggested me to buy some good medicine for 守門口 and she has bought for me.  She has a friend who is a pharmacist said that those medicine are good to use.  If you want the name of medicine, just PM me or ring me.  

Talk to all of you later.

51#
發表於 05-1-10 10:25 |只看該作者

Crystalss,

I did not visit any primary schools in Shanghai because my son is too young, only attending nursery 1.  My American boss's children are attending Dulwich in Beijing and he told me the school is excellent,even better than the schools in the US.

You should visit all schools by yourself before relcating to Shanghai.

52#
發表於 05-1-10 10:33 |只看該作者

11月媽媽:

I am still looking for ayi, I've tried to call 11月媽媽 this morning but you turned off your phone, can you call me when you've time?  I'll PM you my new office tel. no.

I need one part-time, you can ask your ayi to comeon Tue/Thur, no matter AM or PM, just do cleansing.

I've decided to fire my home ayi, will let her work until end of Jan.   Can you refer your agent or any good ayi to me?  She uses our washing machine to wash her own clothes without asking us, my mom is very angry. Always comes later and go home before 8:00 pm.

LittleWing:

Hope your girl is OK now. When you go back to HK, you better bring her to her ex-doctor and check again what has happened to her, it's not normal that she has hi-fever all the time. Or because of Shanghai weather?

Thanks for calling me last week, still very busy, hope can chat with you later. I've moved to new office and there was a big trunk of good arrived last few days.  My staff worked until 3:00am. I guess, I'm lucky to have good staff.   We have to ship out many goods this & next week, before CNY and everyone want to place an order.

I was sick for 3 weeks, first started from flu, I have seen taken both Chinese & western medicine and no improvement, finally, I consult a local hospital (it's very famous for treating eye, ear, nose, mouth), their service is very fast, Rmb 17.5 for emergency and over Rmb 50 for medicine.  After one week, it is treated, I was so happy!    My husband has serious eye infection, spent lots of money with the "expensive hospital" but can't help, finally, he spent less than Rmb 50 at the eye, ear, nose, mouth hospital and healed.

Call me if you want to try, my staff said that hospital is very famous.   I am thinking, is it better to use the local hospital?  it seems the local section doctors have better experience.   

53#
發表於 05-1-10 17:24 |只看該作者

critic

Sorry for missing your call.  I didn't answer the phone while washing my little girl.  I'll ask my ahyi tonight and give you a call soon.

Little Wing

Wooo...that's very expensive.  You paid for good services.  My friend's daughter(16months old) got the similar case with yours.  She got fever twice within 15 days.  As a result, she brought her to consult  the professor of FoDan hospital.  The Pro. gave her some drugs.  An special durg of it is for increase her 抵抗力.  She should take the drugs for 1 year.  Oh...can you believe?  For myself, I won't trust.

RMB2,xxx you can visit World Link instead of a newly hospital.  You had a lesson in here.

We will leave SH on Feb 6 and back on 18th.  See if we can meet before our leaving.  

54#
發表於 05-1-11 16:10 |只看該作者

Hi, 11月媽咪,

Yes, I paid for the good services and an expensive experience (it is not a lesson, they did provide me good advice and services.  Yesterday, the doctor also ring me to follow up.  She even said that if I thought their fee is expensive, we can visit other hospital to have the follow up lab testing on urine.  It seems that the doctor is not so money minded.  She can at least identify my daughter's sickness and make the right treatment to her.  Of course la, hard for me to go there again.  anyway, I appreciate it.)

My new friend also mentioned World Link to me, but in terms of their facilities and set up, World Link is rather a small scale clinic than Shanghai United Family Hospital (SUFH).  SUFH do provide full ranges of services.  That's why both of us want to try.   If we don't try, we would not know, right?  That's why I wrote a long message to tell you all my experience and willing to be the "White Mouse".

My friend is also very kind.  She tries to search other hospital that is good and close to my apartment.  And she visited the public hospital just close to SUFH.  She played a visit to the special treatment unit on 3/F. and find out the they do provide full range of treatment to both kids and adult, even dental services.  One of the Pediatricians who attends hospital on every Tuesday comes from 瑞金醫院.  She've got a booklet from hospital and she found the doctors' profile is quite OK.  The fee is not that expensive.  The registration fee is RMB120 + Medicine.  She will give me the booklet for my reference.   If needed, I think I will try it.  At least, the hospital is much close to my apartment.  Will share with you when happened.

My daughter didn't have fever for 3 days la.  I still didn't let her go to school cause she is still weak & I want to oberve her health condition.  If my daughter go to school, I will chat with you or even have lunch together.    Critic, do you join us for lunch then?

Critic,

Thanks.  I do not worry about adult ill treatment here in Shanghai, but I did care about my daughter.  Unlike your son, my daughter still cannot express her needs to me very well.   So, I must find a doctor who can make me comfortable that he can cure my daughter's sickness.  If I need to see doctor, I will ask you about the clinic that you visited.  Thanks a lot in advance.

Hope to see all of you before holiday!!

55#
發表於 05-1-11 18:19 |只看該作者

My staff told me that each local hospital ins famous for certain thing. For example, 瑞金醫院 is famous for burning. I & my husband have tried the foreigner section of 瑞金醫院, for me is OK but too expensive. For my husband was useless, he finally went to "Eye, ear, mouth, nose" hospital.  瑞金醫院 has increased the fee recently, I think they have double it.  Each visit is Rmb350 not including medicine.

I will ask them which local hospital is famous for children. Anyway, if your daugther's high fever is due to throat, you can still visit the "Eye, ear, mouth, nose" hospital.  

When you will gather for lunch? I think I can join this week or next week.

56#
發表於 05-1-11 18:48 |只看該作者

LittleWing

My husband visited 瑞金醫院's VIP for Infu. too.  He said that's ok for him even they offered local drugs.

About lunch, see when will you be available and call us la.

Take care

57#
發表於 05-1-11 21:41 |只看該作者

Hi Little Wing,
How is your daugther now ? Why the doctor want to check the urine? Does he or she suspect urinary tract infection? Can the doctor localised the source of infection yet? If urine culture is postive, you better ask the doctor whether there is any evidence of vesicoureteric reflux as it is quite  a common presentation.

58#
發表於 05-1-12 10:52 |只看該作者

Little Wing,

I've checked, there's a "Children Hospital" in Pudong, Lan Cun Lu / Hu Nan Lu (near Pudong Ren Ji Hospital).  It used to be in Puxi, now move to Pudong.

If you trust Chinese Doctor, I suggest you to visit the one in Nanjing Xi Road. She is a very old Chinese Doctor - for children. She will be there on every Friday afternoon from 5:30 to 7:00 pm.  I took my son there for 2 times, his complexion looks better and willing to eat.  But, make sure your girl is willing to drink the medicine.  

59#
發表於 05-1-12 13:36 |只看該作者

Dear Critic, 11月媽咪 and Angelachan,

Thanks to all of you.....

My daughter is much better now except a bit tired.  In general, she has recovered.  

Critic,  

Podong is too far for me la.  I will play visit to some clinics or hospital after my daughter has gone to school.  So that I have idea in where to have treatment for our family when needed.

I don't think my daughter will drink Chinese medicine.  She also refused to have soup, I doubt she like to drink it.  But anyway, It is good for me to know about the Chinese Doctor.  Do you have any good Chinese Doctor that can refer to me?  I would like to try.

Angelachan,

The doctor said that after taking the medicine, the virus may have the chance to urinate out and there is a little possibilities that the kidney will be affected.  Do lab testing is just to play safe to ensure there is no virus in the kidney after the medical treatment.  (Sorry that I may not understand those medical terms you mentioned. My English is not good enought.)

Most likely I will be quite free next week.  Let me be the organizer for the lunch.  

Talk to you later!

60#
發表於 05-1-12 18:15 |只看該作者

Little Wing,

Good to hear your daughter is fine.  
My friend is coming next Thur. So I will be available on Mon-Wed only.    Remeber Monica?  She just back to HK.  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題