教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 Opinion on SPCC / DBSPD please
樓主: Parents
go

Opinion on SPCC / DBSPD please [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 05-12-20 15:05 |只看該作者

Re: Opinion on SPCC / DBSPD please

Hi Parents,

The Headmistress you mentioned is from Kennedy Road or McDonald Road ?? Please advise.

Mama2000

22#
發表於 05-12-20 18:10 |只看該作者

Kennedy.

23#
發表於 05-12-20 18:11 |只看該作者

I was also told the MacDonnell one is impressive and articulate as well.

24#
發表於 05-12-20 20:06 |只看該作者

無錯,我囝囝由始至終都係話要讀 Co-ed,唔讀 DBSPD。至於原因我到依家都搵唔到。但經過半年嘅 observation,我相信佢嘅決定係正確。

HuiTung 寫道:
Rachethew,

Then I think you boy has a very keen 直覺!

25#
發表於 05-12-20 21:26 |只看該作者

Parents

Do you have any further information on the two school.  I am interested to know more.

Parents 寫道:
Dear Mansdom
Thank you for your PM.  Just opened a new account here and yet to get familiarize w/z it.  Honestly speaking spent me more than a while in finding what is PM and where to get it, quite a trick.
Tomorrow, I may post a further note on the information I got from some experienced teachers in the education field.  They'll come back to me tonight.  Blessings to all the parents.
With warm regards
Parents

26#
發表於 05-12-20 21:31 |只看該作者

Yes she is.  

My feeling on the head techer of DBSPD is quite different, not only from the interveriw (I think most parent who attent the second interview has similar feeling), but also durng the discussion after the briefing session.  I wish I got her wrong.

Parents 寫道:
I was also told the MacDonnell one is impressive and articulate as well.

27#
發表於 05-12-21 11:51 |只看該作者

Sorry, I don't have valid information on hand yet.  
Dear Daniset, Papa2000
Thanks for your PM.  However seemed I got problems in replying PMs. 

28#
發表於 05-12-21 12:41 |只看該作者

Dear Rachthew,

I have no doubt that you and your son have made a wise decision right from the beginning.

Rachethew 寫道:
我囝囝由始至終都係話要讀 Co-ed,唔讀 DBSPD。經過半年嘅 observation,我相信佢嘅決定係正確。

29#
發表於 05-12-21 15:08 |只看該作者

DBS同ST PAUL CO-ED,在教學方式、學術

30#
發表於 05-12-21 15:56 |只看該作者

Hi Rachethew
Thank you for your information.  My sheer intuition told me DBSPD suits my boy's character better excluding parents' considerations on other important elements which the boy at this stage would ignore about.  Until now, I can't resolve the complex dilemma.
Rachethew, have you ever caught a glimpse that boys studying in SPCC are in some ways following a framed mode.  They followed rules well, presentable and able to excel themselves especially in areas of academics.   They are humble and submissive.    They're so well groomed that we shouldn't grumble more.

However, when we go beyond a bit talking about quality of life, would my boy enjoy a bit more in DBSPD ?   Will that be the case that DBSPD due to its 'single sex'  environment endures crazy ideas and encourages boys to speak up.   

Deniset,  any comments?

Have a good day.
Parents

31#
發表於 05-12-21 20:25 |只看該作者

Parents,

Do you mind telling which kindergarten you boy is studing?

32#
發表於 05-12-22 01:07 |只看該作者

起初我同你想法一樣,但半年後嘅今日,我覺得 co-ed 嘅男仔基本上同 DBSPD 一樣咁 active,直程可以用百厭去形容! (只係指 P.1)。 而學校對呢班仔亦有好高容忍度,儘量用獎勵方法 rather than punishment . 呢點係我覺得非常欣賞嘅!
當然,小朋友嘅性格亦係一個非常仲要嘅因素,而最了解小朋友嘅,當然係佢父母啦!

Parents 寫道:
Rachethew, have you ever caught a glimpse that boys studying in SPCC are in some ways following a framed mode.  They followed rules well, presentable and able to excel themselves especially in areas of academics.   They are humble and submissive.    They're so well groomed that we shouldn't grumble more.

33#
發表於 05-12-22 09:24 |只看該作者

Parents,

I will choose SPCC.  You says DBSPD suits your boy's character better.  Rachethew clearly points out that SPCC student is also very active.   Is your boy strong in sports?  Let me assume he is. Although DBSPD seems to be stronger in sports, it should not bias your decision.  SPCC is also very strong in sports.

SPCC - academic results are the best among all secondary schools.  It is co-edu.  You ask - "Will that be the case that DBSPD due to its 'single sex' environment endures crazy ideas and encourages boys to speak up.".  It should not.  In fact, single sex is not good.  I studied in a secondary boys' school.  It affected my communication with female when I was in the University.  My elder brother also studied in a secondary boys' school and studied Engineering in Polytechnic (all are boys).  It affects his communication with female when he went to the society to work. He is extremely strong in technical skills but he cannot be promoted to a good position up to this moment (though it may not be the only reason).  I am quite sure most people will choose a co-edu one instead of single sex. I think Kowloon people choose DBSPD because of the location but not like its single sex.

DBSPD - too new, a very good school campus.
SPCC - well-established, will have a even better campus (the later one is normally better) in 2008.

In fact, I know a parent who lives in Kowloon chooses SPCC instead of DBSPD.  I also read some old  topics.  Some parents' son was accepted by both DBSPD and DPS.  They even chose DPS (old  primary school of DBS, no longer has linkage to DBS) instead of DBSPD.  They were not attracted by the one-dragon relationship and chose DPS.  There must have reasons behind.

Parents 寫道:
Hi Rachethew
Thank you for your information.  My sheer intuition told me DBSPD suits my boy's character better excluding parents' considerations on other important elements which the boy at this stage would ignore about.  Until now, I can't resolve the complex dilemma.

However, when we go beyond a bit talking about quality of life, would my boy enjoy a bit more in DBSPD ?   Will that be the case that DBSPD due to its 'single sex'  environment endures crazy ideas and encourages boys to speak up.   

Deniset,  any comments?

Have a good day.
Parents

34#
發表於 05-12-22 09:41 |只看該作者

Rachethew 寫道:
我覺得 co-ed 嘅男仔基本上同 DBSPD 一樣咁 active,直程可以用百厭去形容! (只係指 P.1)。 而學校對呢班仔亦有好高容忍度,儘量用獎勵方法 rather than punishment . 呢點係我覺得非常欣賞嘅!

Believe it or not.  DBSPD also高容忍度their students wor!     
該用戶已被刪除

35#
發表於 05-12-22 13:24 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

36#
發表於 05-12-22 15:08 |只看該作者

Hi Parents

我可以話你知SPCC的男仔女仔要活躍時可以極度活躍,佢地夠膽死在上課時做出很多 "crazy" and "creative"的"惡"行,但就叻在做完連老師都唔知發生乜事!  

不過你就唔好再問我佢地做在的乜,費時一下唔覺意而家的老師睇到這裹,跟住有所防範!  

37#
發表於 05-12-22 16:18 |只看該作者

Hi Rachethew
你會發覺高班既一樣係咁!  

Rachethew 寫道:
起初我同你想法一樣,但半年後嘅今日,我覺得 co-ed 嘅男仔基本上同 DBSPD 一樣咁 active,直程可以用百厭去形容! (只係指 P.1)。........................

38#
發表於 05-12-22 16:22 |只看該作者

係 SPCC, 成績好差既會留班,但品行好差既就冇得留,要離校!  

Matt'smum 寫道:
"高容忍度",
would any school told parents that their son's exam result was not good enough and ask kid to leave?

39#
發表於 05-12-23 00:35 |只看該作者

但聽聞 DBSPD 曾經因為有某一、兩個小朋友頑皮,而令全班受罰,攪到怨聲載道喎!

40#
發表於 05-12-23 09:30 |只看該作者

Matt'smum 寫道:
"高容忍度",
would any school told parents that their son's exam result was not good enough and ask kid to leave?

只要你有建樹, 谷底都no problem!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題