教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 St Paul Co-Ed VS. DGJS VS. Good Hope
查看: 11530|回覆: 34
go

St Paul Co-Ed VS. DGJS VS. Good Hope [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-11-5 23:22 |只看該作者

St Paul Co-Ed VS. DGJS VS. Good Hope

Dear caring parents,

I would like to seek your opinion if your girl has the fortune to be accepted into SPCC, DGJS and GH, I wonder which school you would select ?  

Do you know any major downside (negative areas) of either of them?
Thank you for your kind advice and sharing!!

2#
發表於 06-11-6 10:12 |只看該作者

Re: St Paul Co-Ed VS. DGJS VS. Good Hope

farmer 寫道:
Dear caring parents,

I would like to seek your opinion if your girl has the fortune to be accepted into SPCC, DGJS and GH, I wonder which school you would select ?  

Do you know any major downside (negative areas) of either of them?
Thank you for your kind advice and sharing!!

嘩,好“口力”女!

我個人覺得真係要看看你個女性格。以我認識的人中,SPCC, DGJS and GH 出來的女仔(以畢業生以論)無論性格,打扮同多數投身的行業都幾吾同 bor。

Well,不過係講緊我果個年代。。。吾知我地小朋友呢代如何。

不過可以甘講,SPCC, DGJS and GH 都係好好,好好的學校呢!隨便揀一都掂呀!

3#
發表於 06-11-8 13:00 |只看該作者

"我個人覺得真係要看看你個女性格。以我認識的人中,SPCC, DGJS and GH 出來的女仔(以畢業生以論)無論性格,打扮同多數投身的行業都幾吾同 bor。"

有咩唔同

4#
發表於 06-11-8 15:20 |只看該作者

NeoMom,
What's the different ? Can you explain?
NeoMom 寫道:
"我個人覺得真係要看看你個女性格。以我認識的人中,SPCC, DGJS and GH 出來的女仔(以畢業生以論)無論性格,打扮同多數投身的行業都幾吾同 bor。"

有咩唔同

5#
發表於 06-11-8 17:40 |只看該作者

我都想知?
:wave:

6#
發表於 06-11-8 19:50 |只看該作者

Regarding the reputation, SPCC = DGJS >>>> GH
Regarding no. of elites, SPCC = DGJS >>>> GH
Regarding achievements of graduates, SPCC > DGJS >>>> GH
Regarding students' workload, GH >>>> DGJS > SPCC

7#
發表於 06-11-8 20:02 |只看該作者

Where do you live ?

HK Side  --> SPCC
Kowloon --> DGS
;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

8#
發表於 06-11-8 21:18 |只看該作者

Regarding achievements of graduates, SPCC > DGJS >>>> GH

I think it is better to compare girls only.

Primary school: SPCC (because co-ed)
Secondary school: DGS.

9#
發表於 06-11-8 22:25 |只看該作者

由dgs轉直資後,spcc小學前列嘅女生都大部份轉咗去dgs包括今年3個form2插班生。

10#
發表於 06-11-9 00:26 |只看該作者

Dear All,

THANK YOU for all your comments!  I have now focused my selection between SPCC and DGJS only.  By reputation, I know these 2 schools are great schools.  Obviously, I feel that there are pros and cons to either one.  Let me share my views first, and I would appreciate if all you experts can  kindly comment or correct me if I am wrong, and generate a discussion if you are interested.  Thanks.

DGJS:
1.  Appears to be a prestigious school for girls.
But it is uni-sex (no boys)--- is that good or bad??   
2.  No doubt, they have strong academics, but I am afraid that my girl would be too pressured by the tonnes of homework and peer-pressure among the students themselves.  I am sure there would be immense competition from within.   Is that true ? Please share if you know.
3.  DGS girls appear more aggressive, and smart-looking... Why?
4.  The 3 minute interview is really too short to access the girl !!

SPCC:  
1. Looks like a noble school for boys and girls.
2. Graduates are said to be competent leaders in the society yet are humble and have integrety (at least that is what Mrs. Lee is saying).   
3.  The school appeared more open than DGJS --- at least they held a parent's information session for us to know more about the school, have a lengthy book about their school's future plans, and the headmistress are willing to more time with the kid and the parents separately.  
4.  Chinese-based learning in Primary school, and English in secondary school ---- is that arrangement good or bad... I am still debating.

Besides the debates above, I also have many questions in mind:
A.  In which school would a child enjoy a more HAPPY and memorable school life?  What are your views?

B.  SPCC say that their teacher-student ratio is good (eg, 9.8 to 1),  does any one know the situation in DGJS ?  

C.  Can any one tell me the difference between the school curriculum between the 2 schools?

Thank you all for your sharing.

Puzzled...

11#
發表於 06-11-9 00:33 |只看該作者

farmer,

真係好鬼欽佩你!

12#
發表於 06-11-9 07:54 |只看該作者

farmer 寫道:

2. Graduates of SPCC are said to be competent leaders in the society (at least that is what Mrs. Lee is saying).   

I don't agree this pt. On the contrary, DGS graduates are said to be competent leaders in the society. They are bright and confident, where girls in SPCC are tends to be obedient and submissive.

13#
發表於 06-11-9 09:13 |只看該作者

B. SPCC say that their teacher-student ratio is good (eg, 9.8 to 1), does any one know the situation in DGJS ?

錢太多之故。

14#
發表於 06-11-9 09:16 |只看該作者

schools are not factory. They won't "produce" identical students. All kids have their strong and weak sides.....nevertheless they are all our lovely babies!!

15#
發表於 06-11-9 09:23 |只看該作者

farmer 寫道:
DGJS:
1.  Appears to be a prestigious school for girls.
But it is uni-sex (no boys)--- is that good or bad??  

Re your concern -

I don't know for boys but I believe girls like playing with girls especially when they are small.

I studied in an all girls' school.  Wonderful time I had - I loved playing with girls when I was small and enjoyed hanging out with girls in a big group.  By the time I did F.6, I had a lot of chances to work with boys and made some male friends through joint-school activities such as book exhibitions, variety shows and fund-raising marathons, etc.  These old friends (boys and girls) have become my very best friends and maybe life-long friends.

NB: I don't have a sister, I only have a younger bro.

Just for your info.  

16#
發表於 06-11-9 10:08 |只看該作者

As far as I know SPCC will announce the result around 20 Nov.  When will be the date for DGJS?  If DGJS announces later than SPCC (assume both have offer), is it possible for you to register with SPCC first and then switch to DGJS?

17#
發表於 06-11-9 21:37 |只看該作者

Thanks Sunkist-lime,

You are right.  We would register for SPCC first(assuming our girl is lucky).  Meanwhile,  we just wish to plan ahead and analyse the differences between these 2 schools.  Parents might have different views about these 2 schools, so we wish to start earlier to gather more information for the sake of our child.  THanks!

18#
發表於 06-11-9 22:18 |只看該作者

Hi farmer,

Very confident choices.  

I think SPCC offers a chance for kids to focus on learning Chinese in early Primary and Chinese is more difficult than English to start with.  

It seems that DGJS has an advance curriculum in both English and Chinese.  May be that's how to train highly efficient and effective girls.  As they are more advance than thier peers, it is natural that they will feel more superior and more confident. I think their parents feel that way too ?  

19#
發表於 06-11-10 01:03 |只看該作者

Well, in my opinion they are both very good schools and there is little to choose between. I'm sure you won't regret either way you pick.

I had a similar question before: if I were given the choice, would I choose SPCC or DBPS for my son?

I finally decided to go for SPCC and its location was the prime reason (since we live on Hong Kong side).

I applied for SPCC only and luckily we got into the second interview. We are still waiting for the result and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck to you too.

farmer 寫道:
Thanks Sunkist-lime,

You are right.  We would register for SPCC first(assuming our girl is lucky).  Meanwhile,  we just wish to plan ahead and analyse the differences between these 2 schools.  Parents might have different views about these 2 schools, so we wish to start earlier to gather more information for the sake of our child.  THanks!

20#
發表於 06-11-10 12:26 |只看該作者

ed-dunc,

Just curious - could you pls share why you are so confident that your son can be admitted to SPCC?  Success rate in 2nd round is 60% (120 out of 200)?  What would be your back-up plan just in case (only just) that it is not good news from SPCC?

btw, do you know when the school will send out the final results - did it overlap with the results from govt allocation last year? or slightly earlier, does anyone know?

Tks for sharing.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題