教育王國 討論區 課外活動 拉小提琴的家長分享 / 交流請進
樓主: SCheng
go

拉小提琴的家長分享 / 交流請進 [複製鏈接]

141#
發表於 06-1-13 21:51 |只看該作者

Re: 拉小提琴的家長分享 / 交流請進

Hi YK,

guess you are doing very well, so soon to bk 7! But does it mean that Suzuki book 7 is something like grade 7? how come you still need another two yrs to achieve the goal! But the arrangement of suzuki's book is quite odd.

I'm using the 篠崎 bk 2 now, together with the Wohlfahrt op.45 bk 1. Both are taught at approx 80%. Very soon will deal with the #28 - double stop etude that sounds really difficult. My son is a little bit ahead of my progress but can't play in a satisfactory manner.

I find that load of time to be taken if both of us really want to play hearable while my son doesn't have! You know local education system is how demanding! And he more likes piano in fact. Anyway i don't push in learning (ECA). Just loves to enjoy is good enough

There is no direct link between the Suzuki graded books and the ABRSM examinations.  If my memory serves me (and I may be wrong), the allegro part from the Handel's sonata in Suzuki book 6 was a grade 7 exam piece a few years ago, and the Hunters' Chorus in book 2 was part of the grade 3 syllabus.  I won't say whether the Suzuki is more easy or difficult than the exams.  They are just two different things.  The arrangement of the Suzuki materials may look a little strange at first glance.  For examples, bk 2 and bk 3 are of about the same level of difficulty, but the jump form bk 3 to bk4 is quite big; Bk5 and bk6 are not much different from each other, and not much difficult than bk 4, but one will have to make another big jump when meeting face to face the Bach's concerto in book 7.  If you look at the Suzuki materials more closely, you will see the beauty of the way the materials are arranged - you first learn shifting between 1st and 3rd positions, then the 2nd position, then some double stops, then the 4th and 5th positions, another set of double stops after that, then the 6th and 7th positions ... I love the Suzuki materials and find it more satisfying to play the great pieces in bk4 and up.  A very good supplement to the Suzuki books is a book called The Suzuki violinists by William Starr.  I consider it a must read for parents who have kids learning the violins and using the Suzuki books (even if the parent is not himself or herself learning).  Another excellent must read for all learners is BASICS - 300 exercises and practice routines for the violin by Simon Fischer.  It contains lots of useful suggestions.  You may also find the master class videos available at www.violinmasterclass.com helpful.  I also highly recommend the set of books by Margaret Keith.  They are excellent story books about music, good manner, and a few other things.  If I were an English teacher, I would have used them as teaching materials with lower primary kids.  They are becoming difficult to find and may go out of print at any time.  Get them while you can (I got mine from south west strings - go to www.swstrings.com and search Margaret Keith).

The supper is ready, so enough for today.

Regards,
warrrren

142#
發表於 06-1-14 00:10 |只看該作者

warrrren,

I think i always miss an r to your nickname! Sorry about that!

You are such a serious learner that leads you in good progress. How's going on to your girl.

Since I am using the 篠崎, don't know much about the suzuki. But i do have a combined set of bk1 to 8 (PRC edition). the minuet by Boccherini in bk 2 is my "drink song".

Give you some of my experience: you may buy some of the  篠崎 to play together with your daughter. It is amazing that the first time my teacher played the teacher's part together with me. The sound effect is really good. Try these with your daughter.

yk

143#
發表於 06-1-14 10:12 |只看該作者

Dear YK,

I will take a look of 篠崎.  My girl is doing fine and now more willing to practice on her own.  Her intonation is quite good and her ears are apparently better than mine.  It takes her no time to learn how to check intonation by listening to the ringing tone (e.g. if you play A on the D string, the open A string will ring in sympathy with the stopped D if you are in tone.  You can hear a ringing tone and see the open A string vibrates).  She is now at Suzuki bk3 level, and most of the time doing the bowing exercises given to her by her teacher (such as, with a piece in Schradieck - upper half of the bow, lower half, fast, slow, eight notes in a bow, 16 notes etc).  I cannot stand all those exercises but, thanks Jesus Christ or whatever, she is not too reluctant to do them.

Have a nice weekend,
warrrren

144#
發表於 06-1-14 10:16 |只看該作者

Dear SCheng,
It would be my pleasure if you could let me know when your son is going to play in his next performance. I'll bring my child along. I'm sure his persistence and achievement are good examples to elevate the learning spirit of my child.  Thanks.
deniset

145#
發表於 06-1-16 11:46 |只看該作者

Dear deniset,
除了頂尖的演奏家是不愁觀眾之外, 觀眾(時間寶貴)是很難求的. 多謝你們的支持. Will let you know if any concert.
SCheng

146#
發表於 06-1-16 12:26 |只看該作者

krissy 寫道:
請問有無家長有二手,但良好1/8出讓,又或介紹去邊度買較平又Ok?
謝謝!

Dear krissy,

Please check your e-mail.

ononyoyo

147#
發表於 06-1-18 00:59 |只看該作者

Hi SCheng,

Heard that LaSalle has a young orchestra conductor in recent year who is also a APA string teacher and HK Sinfonietta violin player.  The school wants to improve the orchestra and you may try.

DBS's orchestra is very strong but they always have the best players to choose from.  The competition is keen.  Does your son has prizes in competition ?

148#
發表於 06-1-18 08:51 |只看該作者

gogochurch 寫道:
Hi SCheng,

Heard that LaSalle has a young orchestra conductor in recent year who is also a APA string teacher and HK Sinfonietta violin player.  The school wants to improve the orchestra and you may try.

DBS's orchestra is very strong but they always have the best players to choose from.  The competition is keen.  Does your son has prizes in competition ?

Dear gogochurch,
Thanks very much for your advice.
小兒校際比賽成績:
2002年  2級第3名
2003年  3級第1名
2004年  7級第1名
2005年  十二歲以下協奏曲組第2名

149#
發表於 06-1-18 17:30 |只看該作者

Deare SCHeng,

Wow, very impressive results.  What a great improvement between 2003 and 2004.  I am sure that both LS and DBS will welcome this brilliant violinist.

Hope I will have the chance to hear his performance.  Is he in the APA ?

150#
發表於 06-1-19 12:28 |只看該作者

Dear gogochurch,
Because my son changed the teacher in 2003, and my son is not a APA student.

151#
發表於 06-1-20 16:11 |只看該作者

Dear SCheng

請收PM, 謝謝!

Wendy_Ma

152#
發表於 06-1-20 21:23 |只看該作者

Dear SCheng
請再收PM.
謝謝!

153#
發表於 06-1-21 00:19 |只看該作者

My daughter has learned violin for 1 yr and 2 mths. She is now 6 yrs old. Last week her violin teacher asked if we would let her attend Grade 2 exam on coming Sept. If not, can consider Grade 3 on next year March or later. The decision is just up to us. Her comments  on my daughter is good. Can anybody give me some advice ? Is it popular for kid to attend Grade 2 exam ?

154#
發表於 06-1-21 00:37 |只看該作者

你地o既仔女係邊o度學小提琴o架 個譜係咪鋼琴果D

155#
發表於 06-1-27 13:42 |只看該作者

Dear SCheng, please check PM . Thanks

156#
發表於 06-1-28 10:34 |只看該作者

考級和比賽是拉琴的副產品, 還是拉琴最終的目標?

157#
發表於 06-1-28 10:51 |只看該作者

kingkongdaddy 寫道:
My daughter has learned violin for 1 yr and 2 mths. She is now 6 yrs old. Last week her violin teacher asked if we would let her attend Grade 2 exam on coming Sept. If not, can consider Grade 3 on next year March or later. The decision is just up to us. Her comments  on my daughter is good. Can anybody give me some advice ? Is it popular for kid to attend Grade 2 exam ?

這是很個人的問題, 不同的小朋友面對不同的情況/要求.
通常為了考級, 會化很多時間在應付考試, 忽略了其他基本練習. 但考級可以對小朋友的努力和付出作出肯定/鼓勵, 也可提高質量的要求.

158#
發表於 06-1-29 02:51 |只看該作者

I would like to let my daughter to learn Violin too.
But she is 21 months only.  Any pre-preparation I can do for her?  By the way, pls comment when will be the suitable time for her to start to learn violin?

159#
發表於 06-2-3 12:48 |只看該作者

各位媽咪,

有冇人知道將軍澳邊間琴行教小提琴好呀!我囝囝將近5yrs,想比佢學下。

160#
發表於 06-2-3 14:59 |只看該作者

請問有無 1/16 or  1/10 小提琴出讓呀????

thanks
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表