用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 教育講場 美式英語 vs 英式英語 vs 港式英語 vs 其他國藉英語 ...
發新帖
查看: 4119|回覆: 3
go

美式英語 vs 英式英語 vs 港式英語 vs 其他國藉英語 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 14-3-12 19:26 |顯示全部帖子
An experienced teacher with effective methods is more important than any particular accent
United we stand, divided we fall.

2#
發表於 14-3-13 19:30 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 annie40 的帖子

王子就無啦, 不過可以上youtube search "received pronounciation"

點評

annie40  玩下咋,邊處有咁上進呀!  發表於 14-3-13 20:42

3#
發表於 14-3-14 15:57 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks Cheeselover for bring up GA. I think RP is very pretty, but if I had to choose a style for someone learning english in a non-english speaking environment, it would be GA, simply because it is easier to understand for others who are not good in English. Besides, it seems to me (don't know if anyone else feels the same way) that the accent of BBC News has been changing over the past 20-30 years, and is gradually acquiring a hint of GA!!

GA is the official accent of large TV broadcasters.  It is now taught in jornalism schools and comes from Nebraska.  Why Nebraska of all the states in the US?  I've been told people generally can't associate this accent with any one state, which is good for national TV.  I sure can't associate anything with Nebraska!

My sister in Toronto has recent acquired a Californian accent (!!) because according to her it's a trendy thing in the eastern part of Canada and NE part of US to speak like you're from California. If this trend continues,I'd not be surprised if GA adds a hint of sunshine in the future!
Just my 2 cents.
For this weekend, have fun watching Audrey Hepburn My Fair Lady!

點評

annie40  Thank you for teaching me so much...  發表於 14-3-14 17:20

4#
發表於 14-3-17 13:04 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 shadeslayer 的帖子

RP doesn't pronounce the letter R in some cases, and can sound the same as another word. Also, for multi-syllable words, they may speak one of the syllables softer.  For audiences who are non-native and margnial in their english ability, every letter every sound would help to understand.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題