用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 資優教育 Do we really have so many gifted child as compared t ...
發新帖
查看: 1930|回覆: 10
go

Do we really have so many gifted child as compared to 10 years ago?? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-2-6 00:44 |只看該作者

Do we really have so many gifted child as compared to 10 years ago??

Any thoughts?     

2#
發表於 06-2-9 22:55 |只看該作者

Re: Do we really have so many gifted child as compared to 10 years ago??

The gift is the gift of information explosion.  I am of the view that we have more information and less knowledge.  Any thoughts??

3#
發表於 06-2-12 00:33 |只看該作者

DBBoy,
Totally agreed with you. It's too easy to get lots of infomation everywhere nowsaday but there may not be many people know how to filter / screen when getting all kinds of infomation. That filtration process is vital.

Just like a computer, data input --> processing --> output (=your knowledge & know-how)

So just giving tons of infomation to your kids could be risky if they are not taught to digest the information.   

4#
發表於 06-2-13 19:31 |只看該作者

The risk is even higher when you do not play a part on the input process.  Barney now have songs about single parent families.  How many parent is aware of this content?  

Jychan has hit the nail on the head when she compared our children with computers.  Our children do have a brain working like a computer :).

I won't say too much but I hope that this statement will inspire the parents who read this section.

5#
發表於 06-2-14 00:33 |只看該作者

Glad to get someone sharing the same view with you.

Really hope parents really involve in screening the right "input" for your kids. that's really important.

I just have 1 kid (2.5 years old) & have devoted more than 90% of my leisure time to her (choosing the right stuff like books & toys, accompany her with proper activities like story reading, outdoor activities, etc). I really don't care if she is so called "gifted" but I do care to maximise the potentials she has. I think that's my responsibility.

Please stop comparing kids & get the "gifted child" labels (esp for very small kids). I know kids are the smartest in the eye of their parents. However, what's the points of knowing if they are gifted child or not? It made me ad when I saw some parents threads of asking if their 1 or 2 year old kids are gifted when they did something seems a bit difficult at their age.

Just to share my views. no offence. thanks.     

6#
發表於 06-2-14 08:03 |只看該作者

jychan 寫道:
Please stop comparing kids & get the "gifted child" labels (esp for very small kids). I know kids are the smartest in the eye of their parents. However, what's the points of knowing if they are gifted child or not? It made me ad when I saw some parents threads of asking if their 1 or 2 year old kids are gifted when they did something seems a bit difficult at their age.

我諗有好多人有錯誤既想法,其實'comparing kids & get the "gifted child" labels',係有d人既目的已經錯,睇深d為乜咁做,我覺係咪gifted,一定要分辨出黎,係細過既時候,我女就係叻/唔叻,我都無特別留意,到大就有問題出現啦(但唔係個個都有問題),所謂gifted,係天生的,所以智能唔平衡,都是天生的,若可以由細開始發現,盡早幫佢,日後負面既事都比較少,我女一年班前都無乜特別架,係有少少皮氣古怪.....所以細仔我要盡早知道佢係咪gifted,係既話,就加多幾錢肉緊留意佢各方面協唔協調,唔係的話,大同細都唔駛咁大壓力

呢樣就係我既 points of knowing if they are gifted child or not

7#
發表於 06-2-14 10:04 |只看該作者

My knowledge in the area are as follows:

1.  Unless a child is suffering from defects, all children are born equal on the day of birth unless they went through prenatal education (See the book "Learning before Birth" by Brent Logan or "Babies are geniuses" by Shichida on early education).  Those who has gone through prenatal education does enjoy an edge by reason of a higher density of linkage amongst brain cells.

2.  All else is environmental sculpturing.  My child went through prenatal education and I play cello music to him the day after his birth.  It is only natural that he has a good ear for cello.  To those who do not know, he will be a music genuis.  To me, it is only natural that he has an edge in music.  He started so far ahead as compared to the others.

3.  The talk on giftedness sounds complicated but it is actually a natural course of event.

4.  Parent link giftedness to restlessness.  I believe that restlessness comes from over-stimulation of the right brain through our modern media.  My sons school recently banned "on-line" games at the school's computer terminal and there was already an improvement in the attention and behaviour of children.

5.  I just see alot of imbalanced parenthood in Hong Kong causing anxiety and pressure.

These are my personal views :)

DBB  

8#
發表於 06-2-14 15:23 |只看該作者

Sindy,
I am sure you know the reason why you need to know if you kids are gifted. What I was trying to point out is that there are really parents not knowing the real reasons why they need to know their kids are gifted or not. To be blunt, some parents want to get their kids the 'gifted child" labels to be proud of, esp. when the kids are still very very young.. That's what i think we should be alert of /avoid.

Nice to share views with you.

Cheers,
jychan

9#
發表於 06-2-14 23:18 |只看該作者

誰會直率地說出所認識的真實?有所認識的少數人,愚蠢地不隱蔽自己充實的心,向愚民們說明他們的感情和見識,他們總是被人磔死或燒死。 歌德 <<浮士德>>入來做下test,不同的人對事情有不同的看法和感受﹗

10#
發表於 06-2-15 12:14 |只看該作者

I agree with Sindy that we need to know whether our kid is gifted or not because some of the gifted kids have characteristics that are difficult to be understood by the others, including their own parents.  

Well, yes, some parents want to get the gifted label.  Surely not all.   After reading many books on related subject, I can tell that some of my friends' kids are gifted but they won't tell others.  Indeed, some "prestigious" local schools don't like this label neither.  Perhaps they have mistaken that those kids are troublesome.   And there is also a worry that the teacher may expect too much while these kids usu do not excel in every aspect at school.

11#
發表於 06-2-15 14:46 |只看該作者

‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖