用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 HKCA Po Leung Kuk School - Any Comments?
發新帖
查看: 8397|回覆: 3
go

[小學] HKCA Po Leung Kuk School - Any Comments? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 23-4-11 16:31 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Hi all,
I noticed that HKCA PLK is a new school that was formed over the last 5 or so years.  I wanted to see if anyone has any feedback on this school?   

How's the overall teaching quality, teachers, and fellow students?   Would love to hear from some parents who had some exposure to this school (either though a visit, or past/current experiences).

I also read up that they are looking to expand to a secondary school (pending finding a location, and with the right level of demand?).

We are waiting for our tour, so just wanted to get ahead of the curve first to gauge everyone's feedback.

Thanks very much :)
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 23-5-2 22:41 |只看該作者
I wanna know too , thanks

3#
發表於 23-5-3 08:25 |只看該作者
ellaaaa posted on 23-5-2 22:41
I wanna know too , thanks

Hi, I haven't gotten any responses but happy to share my experience since I did a school tour a while back.
Overall the vibe is quite positive and down to earth. A happy simple school with a mix of different nationalities (majority being Hong Kong kids with a foreign passport). All the kids I encountered seemed happy at all grade levels. As you move up the grades, there are less and less students (because most of them transferred to other schools with a throughtrain to secondary school).

If I had to summarize my entire experience, I would say that the low tuition fee reflects the overall school environment quite well.  HKCA PLK is a non-profit school and therefore tuition is low.  I cannot say anything about the quality of teaching (as I didn't study there), but the environment certainty does not have the 'bells and whistles' you would see for example at HKIS, CDNIS, etc.   But once again, each parent has a different view on this, and for these 'bells and whistles' you will be paying 3 times as much tuition for your child at those top international schools vs. something more down to earth like HKCA PLK (8K per month vs. 24K per month).

So I guess the point I'm trying to make is that if you want the best luxury environment for your child, then HKCA PLK may not be for you.  But if you want something more down to earth, doesn't hurt your wallet, but offers a quality education, then it's not a bad choice.   The school is nestled in a little area as well, which is quite unique from my perspective.  

4#
發表於 23-5-3 12:20 |只看該作者

回覆樓主:

本帖最後由 lovelysnake 於 23-5-3 12:21 編輯

my kid studied PLK for 2 years, she loved the school and the teacher. the principal is American and open mindedand quite transparent. class size is small and teacher is caring. I highly recommend PLK for those who are waiting for other IS. the reason I transferred my kid to other kids because no secondary school for PLKIS.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題