用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Giving birth in HK / Canada?? Can anyone share their ...
發新帖
查看: 2329|回覆: 10
go

Giving birth in HK / Canada?? Can anyone share their own experiences? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-6-15 19:22 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My due date is end of NOV. I am very frustrated at the moment because I am not sure whether I should go back to Canada to give birth. Since I am the 2nd generation, if I want my baby to be Canadian, then I need to fly back to Canada to give birth. This is my 3rd baby, but I never gave birth in Canada before. Since the citizenship law changed in 2009, my baby have to be born in Canada in order to be a Canadian.

If I am flying back, I can only fly back at week 32. My tummy will be quite big at that time. Even I have a doctor certificate and they allow me to fly, I am afraid if anything happens on the plane, nobody can help me. (Because I had C-section for my 1st and 2nd child, so the 3rd child will be C-section as well. If anything bad happens on the plane....)

Can anyone please kindly share your experiences with me. I am very stressed out. I have a job in hk and I cannot fly back too early.....

Please give me some advices. Thank you so so much.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-6-15 19:54 |只看該作者
i m a canadian too, and i delivered my 1st child after they change the law, but i thought your child will anyway be entitled to canadian citizenship, only your grandchild cannot be, isnt it?
if i am not right, still i dont suggest you to take that risk becoz is human life, and not only you but both of you! if you can take the maternity leave earlier like 26-28 weeks, you may worth to take the risk! please take care and think twice!!

3#
發表於 11-6-15 19:58 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

4#
發表於 11-6-15 21:34 |只看該作者
give up work for your kids.

5#
發表於 11-6-15 22:48 |只看該作者
Don't panic, why don't you call the consulate and ask for the information first.  My younger sister just submitted the citizenship applications for her two children last month.  Her children were born in 2008 and 2010.  They didn't say anything and had accepted her applications but just reminded her that the application is quite long usually takes 12 - 18 months.

原帖由 JennferT 於 11-6-15 19:22 發表
My due date is end of NOV. I am very frustrated at the moment because I am not sure whether I should go back to Canada to give birth. Since I am the 2nd generation, if I want my baby to be Canadian, t ...

6#
發表於 11-6-16 10:28 |只看該作者
Pls make sure you are 1st or 2nd generation.
If you and your parent naturalized in Canada (naturalized means you immigrated to Canada and were later granted citizenship)., your kid is the 1st generation, NOT you.
For 1st generation, s/he will be granted citizenship at birth.
Clear?

7#
發表於 11-6-17 01:23 |只看該作者
原帖由 MaryBrown 於 11-6-16 10:28 發表
Pls make sure you are 1st or 2nd generation.
If you and your parent naturalized in Canada (naturalized means you immigrated to Canada and were later granted citizenship)., your kid is the 1st generati ...

Maybe 樓主She has not yet been granted citizenship.

8#
發表於 11-6-19 00:32 |只看該作者
Thanks for all of your replies.

I have never been granted citizenship because my mother passed on her citizenship to me when I was born. I was canadian at birth. So I am the first generation. Unfortunately, my 3rd child will be 2nd generation after april 2009 (when the law changed). I called the consulate and said if I want to give birth in hk, my baby will not be canadian. Only want to be canadian is to go through sponsorship.

Have anyone sponsor their child to canada after the law changed in 2009? Can anyone share their experiences? Is that a really long process?

I found out that if I want to give birth in vancouver and register for bc women's hospital, i need to do that before week 32. So i guess the only way to fly back to vancouver earlier is - to give up my job......

So frustrated. I asked my OB and he said pregnant women is able to fly without any medical problems (if you are healthy), but the problem is not sure if the airline allow you to fly.....

Well, I am still struggling.

Would sponsorship work if I want to give birth in hk? Does anyone know what the requirements are? I browsed the canadian government website and their instructions seem confusing.

They said if you live in canada, then you can apply for permanent resident for your child. Once you child get the permanent resident status, you can "immediately" apply for citizenship. So does it mean I need to live in vancouver and wait? I don't know, very confused.

IF anyone can share, please advice. Thank you very much!

9#
發表於 11-6-19 09:30 |只看該作者
原帖由 JennferT 於 11-6-19 00:32 發表

I have never been granted citizenship because my mother passed on her citizenship to me when I was born. I was canadian at birth. So I am the first generation. Unfort ...

for your information please.

http://www.baby-kingdom.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2958022&extra=page%3D1&page=1

10#
發表於 11-6-20 14:33 |只看該作者
如果唔想give up自己既job, 不如索性係香港生, 只要你係加藉, 18歲前都好容易幫小朋友攪到居留.

原帖由 JennferT 於 11-6-19 00:32 發表

I have never been granted citizenship because my mother passed on her citizenship to me when I was born. I was canadian at birth. So I am the first generation. Unfort ...

11#
發表於 11-6-23 23:22 |只看該作者
其實以你嘅情況,你嘅子女都可以申請到加藉,我個仔係8月2009年係香港出世,當時我都好似你咁驚改佐例要返加拿大生,不過後來打去領事館問清楚總之我生嘅仔女都一定可以拿到加藉,但係到我子女所生嘅子女除非在加國出世,否則就唔可以出世後即可申請到加藉,希望可以幫到你.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖