用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 蘇浙幼稚園國際班KCIS (North Point)
查看: 5924|回覆: 36
go

蘇浙幼稚園國際班KCIS (North Point) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-6-25 09:35 |只看該作者

蘇浙幼稚園國際班KCIS (North Point)

is this school good? any comment pls.
thx!

2#
發表於 04-8-27 15:56 |只看該作者

Re: 蘇浙幼稚園國際班KCIS (North Point)

I also want to know if this is good. any comment pls.

3#
發表於 04-8-27 22:32 |只看該作者

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the 蘇浙幼稚園國際班 and 蘇浙幼稚園?  Thanks.

4#
發表於 04-8-29 02:32 |只看該作者

mrsho 寫道:
Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the 蘇浙幼稚園國際班 and 蘇浙幼稚園?  Thanks.

蘇浙幼稚園 is a local school while 蘇浙幼稚園國際班 is an international school following the British system. In 蘇浙幼稚園, Putonghua is the main medium of instruction. In 蘇浙幼稚園國際班, English is the main medium of instruction, but they also teach Putonghua. Both are private schools run by the same education body. They share the same campus.
:lol: Annie :lol:

5#
發表於 04-8-29 09:11 |只看該作者

are both of them good?

女人是很脆弱, 但媽媽卻很堅強:)

6#
發表於 04-8-29 17:27 |只看該作者

I want to put my son to the int'l session. any comment on the school pls.

7#
發表於 04-8-30 05:12 |只看該作者

My son has been in the international section for one year (before he went to P1). He English improved a lot. He did not like to speak in English before going to KCIS. He also had a basic grasp of Putonhua, though not very fluent and confident. They have regular Putonghua lessons (every day? I forgot) and that helps building a very good foundation for my son to learn Putonghua now. Most important of all, my son loves the school and enjoy going to school from the first day. You can ask for a visit to the classroom with your son to see if he likes it.
:lol: Annie :lol:

8#
發表於 04-8-30 18:59 |只看該作者

mrskam, tks for yr response.
may i also know which primary school your son go? is it a conventional one? can he switch to it easily after attending the intl kindy. I also have concern on this bcos i haven't decided if he will follow the path to overseas study yet.
tks a lot for yr sharing.

9#
發表於 04-9-2 17:31 |只看該作者

唔知國際班小學又好唔好呢? 請俾d意見我呀, thanks!

10#
發表於 04-9-3 13:43 |只看該作者

mrskam 寫道:
They have regular Putonghua lessons (every day? I forgot)

KCIS係每天都會有普通話堂的。

Hi 各位﹕
我囡囡今年會入讀蘇浙的n1,如果佢番得好的話,到k1至k3期間,好可能會轉去國際部繼續讀,所以都想聽多d意見。而小學方面都好少聽人講,我上次去學校時剛剛遇見該國際部小學放學,見d學生都ok(即正常無話鬼五馬六,不過中學就唔知),大多家長接放學的,他們對著家長說話時都係滿口子是英文的。
kae

11#
發表於 04-9-3 14:32 |只看該作者

請問在國際部畢業的小朋友升回主流小學的多還是繼續讀國際小學的多呢?雖然學校每日有半小時國語,但國際部的教學方法始終是不同主流幼稚園的.

12#
發表於 04-9-4 11:13 |只看該作者

hi all,

Since many of you are interested in this school and my sister's son is studying there. So I asked her about the comment. Here's her comment:

My little boy is 6 years old and is studying in KCIS as a P2 student. This year all P2 students can go to the campus at Braemar Hill Road together with the P3-P6 and secondary school students.  This campus is newer and larger than the one at Ching Wah Street.  

There are only 16 students in his class and I could tell most of them are coming from Chinese families.  There are snacks provided to the students every morning, and for lunch you may select to order from school or let the kid bring to school.  The school fee has already included the snack charges and teaching materials.  Every day the kids just need to bring a school report and a reading book to school (no heavy school bags!!!) and they learn English, Maths , Science (all in English) etc with music once a week and P.E. twice a week.  Chinese (Mandarin) lesson is provided every day and it lasts for 40 minutes.   Of course, there are also art and computer lessons.

My boy entered the school in Nov 2003 but frankly, his English level has improved a lot (I have saved the money to send him to English classes).  He has learnt phonics last year and could spell very difficult words now.  Sometimes he could guess the spelling of some words correctly just by hearing these words.  He could also write good sentences as the school requires the kids to make journals weekly.  He could communicate with my PI maid better too.  On the other hand, I must admit that his Chinese level is a bit lower than kids of the same age.  He is just writing single words.

But the most important is:  my boy is studying happily in this school and there is no single day that he is reluctant to wake up to go to school!!!

Hope this helps!!

13#
發表於 04-9-4 13:32 |只看該作者

[ 本帖最後由 CherylMum 於 09-11-4 15:59 編輯 ]

14#
發表於 04-9-4 23:16 |只看該作者

靖媽媽,

謝謝你給我們的資料好有用呀﹗不過我重想問下你一d問題,希望你唔好介意啦。

1) 你地的小朋友是不是由kc幼稚園或幼兒園開始讀起呢?如在local個邊轉個去國際部難唔難呢?

2) 唔知中學方面好唔好呢?

3) 你的小朋友返國際部都重要去補英文,咁係唔係覺得學校教得唔夠呢?

kae

15#
發表於 04-9-7 13:22 |只看該作者

I only know the main difference is
the local session is using Madarin as major language then, English
the International session is using English as major language then, English

Cheers
MeeMeeSoo

16#
發表於 04-9-7 15:28 |只看該作者

Kae,

My son will go to the nursery in coming october. Next year,  I want to let him go to the int'l session. To my understanding, the int'l session & the local session (i.e. nursery) are totally independent. It means that you have to make application to the int'l session separately even though your child is attending the nursery.
btw, you can make application to the int'l session at any time. for my son, I file application for him when he is one. the application fee is $200.00 according to my memory.

17#
發表於 04-9-7 15:55 |只看該作者

Hi MayMayFan
我囡囡係11月開始返n1呀,咁想問下你國際部報名係咪又係向同一個辦公室呢?定係向第二邊呢?

嘩﹗你咁快巳報定名啦,係咪好多人讀呀?咁你知唔知到時重駛唔駛排隊等位呀?

kae

18#
發表於 04-9-7 16:05 |只看該作者

Hi Kae,

My son will be in Class 1B. Will they be classmates? I am thinking whether let him to ride the school bus or not. Do you have this concern too?

Your questions:
1. They are in different offices. I remember that the office of In't session is on 2nd floor.
2. I don't know whether the class is very full. I checked the status of my son last week. The girl said they had put him on the waiting list and asked me to wait for their further notice. However, at the time when I made application, the girl said there should be place available for my son since we made the application quite early.

19#
發表於 04-9-8 16:26 |只看該作者

My sister's reply is as below (my son is just 2.5 years old):

CherylMum:

Chinese standard - my son was 6 years old but in P2 now (1 grade higher as the school follows the UK curriculum).  Starting this term, he has been given a Chinese book to learn during the Mandarin class.  The publisher is 啟思 for P1 first term.  As far as I know, some traditional primary schools also adopt this book.  In other words, they are not too far behind than traditional schools in terms of Chinese.  They have more Chinese homework than last year.  What I meant by 'more' is not really much.  He can finish it in 5-10 minutes a day as the grids of the exercise book are very big.

Mandarin level - the kids could speak and listen to Mandarin well (though not as good as English).  They usually have drama & conversation in class as practice.

What do they do in class - the kids normally listen to the teacher for tales or play games when they have English classes.  Sometimes they need to write something creatively about what they have listened or played.  They need to do English sums in Maths class (no homework so far on Maths).  In science lesson, they had learnt something on 'electricity' and 'magnet' in the last term.  Of coz, they also have music, PE, art and computer classes.  

kae:

My son entered the school in Nov 2003 as a P1 student.  He did not start from the kindergarten of the KCIS' int'l session.  Before joining the school, I was also afraid that he could not catch up with the English and Mandarin.  So I let him take Kumon Chinese and English at the same time to learn more vocab.  Soon I found that I have been over-worrying as kids could adapt to new environment very fast.  The younger they are, the better.  Since my son has started Kumon and he is progressing well, I still let him take these classes.  These classes add to his knowledge learnt at school.

I know very little about the secondary session.  I just learnt that it is a new session with only Form 1 to Form 3 students.

20#
發表於 04-9-8 17:42 |只看該作者

Dear 靖媽媽

Per your message : "My son entered the school in Nov 2003 as a P1 student. He did not start from the kindergarten of the KCIS' int'l session".  

Can you give me more details?
a.  Can he speaks fluent English in P1 after studying in this school>
b.  Is it difficult to apply for P1 if the kid did not start from the kindergarten of the KCiS Int'l Session?

I am planning my girl to study in KCIS Int'l Session  after completion of her K3 as  my girl is small girl and I don't want her to go to P1 local school too earlier.  I am looking for an Internaiton School
so that she can explore one more year and no need to repeat K3.  She can improve her English in this year, learn something in new as well as the chinese can keep in level.

What do you think?  May be I ask too much.

Cheers
MeeMeeSoo
‹ 上一主題|下一主題