搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 請問各位細囝細囡(12月出世)的家長…
樓主: maria_lai
go

請問各位細囝細囡(12月出世)的家長… [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 04-6-12 01:09 |只看該作者

Re: 請問各位細囝細囡(12月出世)的家長…

My daughter was born in Dec 2000. She started studying K1 at the age of 2y8mths. Her teacher said she is OK and will let her go to K2 next year. Dispite this, I'll let her repeat K1 this Sept because I want her to improve herself in all aspect first (such as physical, mental, psychological, language skills and small muscle development etc).

I think it is to her benefit. I would rather let her repeat K1 than to see her repeat in primary or secondary school lateron. 大仔大女讀書確實佔優,加上很多private or DSS primary schools prefer bigger kids. 細女比細仔還好些, because girl's development is faster than boy's for about 1 year.

If my one is a 細仔, I'll definately no doubt let him repeat K1 or to study one year later. Of course there is no harm to let him gain interview experience. Please bear in mind that K1 is not hard to enter but primary one is much more difficult to compete (private or DSS one).

22#
發表於 04-6-12 11:10 |只看該作者

我個又係細女(12/2001),由上年考試都有d擔心,佢又唔多講o野....只顧玩
我都明白 "一個年頭讀, 同一個年尾讀書小朋友會相差好遠".  考試時d年頭大d小朋友真係好醒架....(因為o甘,d好學校都比d大仔女考晒&d好學校又要求收大女大仔)但都好彩佢都有間我心中ok的學校收....         

23#
發表於 04-6-12 11:47 |只看該作者

france,
so will you let your daughter go to k1 this year?
as almost all famous kindergardens like big boy/girl, that's why some parents let their children postpone 1yrs to k1.

mariachan,
thx for your advice.
do you see any problem if repeating k1?
btw, i have one more reason to support your decision. as your daughter was born in the dragon year, there'll be many kids to compete for primary schools. my personally opinion is it's good to postpone 1yr on both child development and primary compeition.

該用戶已被刪除

24#
發表於 04-6-13 00:28 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

25#
發表於 04-6-13 00:50 |只看該作者

其實大家考慮呢個問題,都要考慮埋自己小朋友既能力,身心發展同性格.因為即使係細仔細女,亦會有一D係某D方面發展勝過大仔大女既地方.好簡單咁講,考第一既唔一定係大仔大女,返幼稚園喊得最耐既亦唔一定係細仔細女.月份上既差距對小朋友既影響(比如話成熟既程度,學習能力),到小學時候(三四年級)已經唔係咁大.反而小朋友係咪有心機有耐性,重大影響.小朋友性格係咪積極開朗,亦影響佢社交同心理發展.

話細仔細女不如大仔大女,其實某程度上都係一種一竹篙打一船人既講法,每個小朋友都唔同,當然有好多地方會共通,但亦有個別既差異,最緊要係睇番自己小朋友係咪適合.

26#
發表於 04-6-13 07:52 |只看該作者

細仔,細女未必全部都是差D,都要睇小朋友自己及家長,有D大幾個月又如何,如果家長過份的保護,以為他重小,樣樣唔比他做及嘗試,有些甚至行路也不是太好.不過大部份的確細就真是慢D,包括學習,做事及說話的表達能力,所以如在學校班中常常是最慢的一位,也會影響兒童的自信心的.而且小學當然是喜歡收大仔大女啦.

27#
發表於 04-6-13 09:15 |只看該作者

ckfyatyatm and Blythemia,

Thx for your comment.  I agree with you, that's why I want my son to try 2005 K1.  If he's ok, I prefer he goes ahead rather than postponing 1 yr.

andychanphoebeng,

I also have the same worry.  He may not understand much but should feel something strange.  Also, I don't want him to change school and repeat K1.

Thx to all again.  It's happy to see there're other parents having the same/similar thought of me.  It really helps me much.

28#
發表於 04-6-13 12:14 |只看該作者

我覺得比唔比細囝細囡早D讀書,好睇你想讀边間kg,有D好早已經要抄寫默書,咁佢地就會辛苦D啦,同埋睇吓小朋友身體狀况。
其實如果我個女係12月出世生我都會比佢試吓,不過佢係一月一日出世,所以便被迫冇煩惱了。不過佢係大女又真係有少少着數,九月便讀k1而佢間kg又係收足三歲的小朋友,所以同其他小朋友都唔會差太遠。

29#
發表於 04-6-14 20:07 |只看該作者

katmen,
i agree. thx for your comment.

30#
發表於 04-6-14 23:41 |只看該作者

Dear angeschan

錦請問您個女, 入培正讀k1定k2呀??

31#
發表於 04-6-15 08:47 |只看該作者

maria_lai:
不同幼稚園的教學法相差很大,細仔細女不宜選擇太早寫字的幼稚園,因為小肌肉未發展得好好,所以找幼稚園時也要小心選擇!

32#
發表於 04-6-15 09:53 |只看該作者

yes yes yes
thx
i'll think about this

33#
發表於 04-6-15 10:19 |只看該作者

Deleted

Deleted

34#
發表於 04-6-16 00:26 |只看該作者

mariachan,
do you see any problem if repeating k1?

maria_lai,

I don't see any problem if repeating k1 because they are still very young. My daughter will be repeating k1 at another school. They won't remember a lot at this age plus they are quite easy to get used to a new place, especially if the new place is more attractive and exicting than the old one. Also, they can make friends easily. I quess the experience is similar to transferring a kid from an afternoon class to a morning class. They can adapt quite well after a while.

35#
發表於 04-6-16 00:29 |只看該作者

thx to mariachan
該用戶已被刪除

36#
發表於 04-9-13 01:37 |只看該作者

37#
發表於 04-9-13 09:31 |只看該作者

maria_lai,

First of all, I agree small children can be very smart.  However, you should consider your child's and your own situation.  Mine is a Nov 01 boy and I am a working mother.  I send my boy into a happy kindy (near my living area) to study N1 and K1.  I'm going to apply my "dream" kindies this year.  Why?

1.  Join school life as early as possible rather than staying at grandma's place doing nothing.

2.  Study K1 even he is a small boy so that he is not postponded in certain extent.  The kindy is a happy one, he learns things in Chinese, English and Mandarin.

3.  From my observation, my boy could be a late bloomer.  It would be good for him to have certain foundation in K1 before entering the "dream" kindy, if possible.

4.  Let him expose to music, sports, and art when he reaches three years old.  Therefore, he has three years spending on these areas before applying a good primary school.  I personally think that good primary schools look at those added value of the child.

5.  I was a small girl (Dec.) in my kindy's time and I did well.  I later went to a quite famous primary school.  However, for some unknown reasons, I was told that I was not suitable to study in that school.  I went to a private primary school to repeat P1.  A totally painful experience that I will never forget!

There are a lot of variables for you and your child.  I believe every mother would make the very best choice for her own child.  There's no harm to try to apply if you believe your child is capable.  But I also consider the long term effect: repeating K1 is better than repeating P1!

Regards,

38#
發表於 04-9-13 09:40 |只看該作者

HuiTung,

Thx for your sharing and it's really useful.  I'll go ahead to apply N1 and make decision on K1 later.

該用戶已被刪除

39#
發表於 04-9-14 00:11 |只看該作者

40#
發表於 04-9-14 00:37 |只看該作者

Sharon'sMum,

My boy is studying K1 in a happy kindy near my living area.  My "dream kindies" include PLK TAYSF, Kenville, St. Catherine and Pui Ching.  I'm going to apply them this year.  Especially for Pui Ching, it only accepts 3 years old children.  If he is lucky enough to enter one of these, repeating K1 is not a problem for the child as he will be learning in a different environment.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題