教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Ability to Read
發新帖
查看: 25556|回覆: 8
go

Ability to Read [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-3-14 11:24 |顯示全部帖子

Ability to Read

Does your kid knows to read the english book by his/her own when they are studying in K3?  How about his/her writing skill?

Hope other moms can share.

2#
發表於 06-3-14 12:07 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Ability to Read

Does it means that he can recognize the spelling of the words?

3#
發表於 06-3-14 12:49 |顯示全部帖子

Thanks for sharing your kids performance on their reading ability.

I rec'd some samples of home assignment (which was done by his classmates) from his school yesterday.  I'm so surprised that his classmates can write a lot in their journal.    However, my son can only write a little and he needs my help to complete his work.  I'm afraid that his reading ability is not up to standard.    What should I do for him in order to coach him to do better?  Thanks.

4#
發表於 06-3-14 14:46 |顯示全部帖子

CherylMum,

Thanks for your suggestion.  I have read some of your message in this website.  I think your kid is so smart under your guidance.  

My sons knows phonics.   But, he is not good enough to blend a word.   

He only likes to read story book with me (actually,  he likes to listen to me and see those pictures in the book).   We spend 15 to 30 minutes per day to read with him.  Is it too short?  

5#
發表於 06-3-14 16:56 |顯示全部帖子

CherylMum,

Your info provided is really helpful.  

I would change the method towards my son from now on.   

Amazing9870

6#
發表於 06-4-27 11:33 |顯示全部帖子

Dear CherylMum,

After adopted your suggestion, my son has a bit improvement on reading and writing.  You are so great.

Besides, I would like to thanks all other moms who provided a lot of resources/information on the captioned topic.  Its really useful for me.

Thank you very much.

Amazing9870

7#
發表於 06-4-28 11:37 |顯示全部帖子

CherylMum 寫道:
Amosmother,

My second daugher is also three years old.  I do not teach her any reading right now.  I just teach her phonics for 5 min every night.  Now she can tell me the letter sounds of most of the letters.  She can also identify the letter sound of many pictures (e.g. when I show her a picture of lion, she will know that it starts with the letter "l", e.t.c.).

I won't concern much about her reading at this moment.  I just enjoy reading aloud to her.  I put a whole box of books in the sitting area, and let her choose which book to read.  Sometimes she will read the same book again and again, and sometimes she will choose some new books.  No need to worry.  Just let him choose whatever he likes at this stage.

Yes.  The most important thing to do is to let them ENJOY reading.

8#
發表於 06-5-17 09:30 |顯示全部帖子

Dear S.Potato,

You may borrow the "Oxford Reading Tree" series at HK Public Library.

Amazing9870

9#
發表於 06-6-4 00:18 |顯示全部帖子

Hi, FXPC:

Your recommendation of the "Tommy Tales" series is great.  My son loves it so much and he asks me to print the rest to him asap.

Thank you very very much.

Amazing9870

‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖