用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 St.Joseph's primary (wanchai)
發新帖
查看: 1471|回覆: 12
go

St.Joseph's primary (wanchai) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-11-21 14:54 |只看該作者

St.Joseph's primary (wanchai)

Any St.Joseph's primary school's parent here ?
I don't know why not much parents talking about this school. I really want to know more about the school life and the teacher in this school. Is it still a good school  ? Hope can get your comments.

2#
發表於 04-11-27 13:53 |只看該作者

Re: St.Joseph's primary (wanchai)

here's one from SJPS, my son is in P4. i have no doubt about it's not a bad school, because i have no idea what is a good school meant to be like. as long as i see my son enjoys his school life and no suffering from too much pressure from his studies, i shall not worry too much.
what grade is your son in right now? how does he like the school?  

3#
發表於 04-11-27 21:48 |只看該作者

My son was accepted to P1 in the coming year.  I am a bit scared as everybody said it's a tough school.  And my son is not a very obedient kid.  Thank you for sharing.

4#
發表於 04-11-28 02:50 |只看該作者

singjoezai ,

Sorry to late reply, my son is in K3 this year & accepted by SJPS to P.1 in coming year. I go to this school with him before submit the form , and he like the school also. When I know the school is accepted my son  at the first round lucky draw, I feel so lucky & happy . But recently ,I heard more & more things about this school is also around the big pressure & competition between the students , lot of homeworks, the teacher is very tough etc.
So happy to hear that your son is enjoy the school life , can you tell me more about this school & what teaching  method & style is used in this school . Do you have any comments for me to well prepare to become a P.1 mum ? (e.g. let him to do more english worksheet ) . Sorry for so many queries , I really worry & nervious, of course, I don't show it in front of my son.  

5#
發表於 04-11-28 02:56 |只看該作者

Hi, Vanessa

Can you tell me where are you living ? I live in Quarry bay , may be our sons will become classmates in coming year although the chance is not very big  as they have 8 classes in P.1 .

6#
發表於 04-11-28 10:39 |只看該作者

Hi vanessa,

你個仔幾多分第一輪入到呀??thanks

7#
發表於 04-11-28 23:47 |只看該作者

Hi Happyboy,

How many point does your son have?
Thanks!

8#
發表於 04-11-29 01:56 |只看該作者

i must admit that SJPS is a fine local school, though it has quite a lot of rumors and stories going about regarding the school. i guess a lot of them were quite true. if you intend to push you son to score A grades (90-100) , you will probably find enormous pressure through out the next 6 years. in fact a lot of the children there do achieve very high grades, therefore, very competitive. i also heard a lot of saying about the poor quality of the teachers and the over conservative way of teaching method blar blar blar.......  lucky enough in the past 3 years including this current class teacher, we have found them all very qualified, caring, tough but with a heart to teach for the best of my son. so should i say we've been very lucky or others have been a bit too negative on things. homework isn't little but acceptable amount, in normal week days, it will probably take 1 1/2 hour to 2 hours to complete. there will be slightly more homework during weekends. what takes up the most time of my son is when he has to sumit a weekly report, he hates creative writing and he has no choice.
i am trying hard to balance my son between acadamic and other interests of his. i'm very sure if i make him to spend most of his time in his studies, there shouldn't be much a problem scoring A's. but what about his childhood, that means no soccer, no swimming, no basket ball, etc....... absolutley nothing to talk about when he is grown up. what i expect from him is his attitute towards play time and study time and to enjoy the both.
meanwhile, relax and not to worry, and forget about the worksheets (my advice) . when september comes, you will meet a lot of other mothers at school, get to know them. you will find there a few types of them, stick to the type you feel most comfortable, it's always nice to know a few nice mothers.

9#
發表於 04-11-29 13:04 |只看該作者

i've came across with quite a few OBEDIENT children over the 3+ years in SJPS . look at it this way, an obedient child gets lost if no one gives instructions, or list of tasks for him to follow. i think as mothers, we must encourage children to disciplined themselves by completing their homework on their own, setting their own time-table for rest time and study time, organising their school bag and pencil case for the following day . it sounds quite simple, doesn't it? in fact, it takes years to guide a child to handle and responsible to their own matters. a child doesn't have to be very obient, as long as they can explain the reason why he prefers to do things in his own way, if that doesn't hurt too much and reasonable, allow him.
i 'd rather like to see my son to learn from his mistakes in his early years than in his older age.  to apply this way of home teaching isn't easy at all, it takes a lot of courage, because children do forget things when packing their own school bags, you will see mistakes from their homeworks, when most of the the children haves done them all correctly with the help of their parents checking them,etc.............

10#
發表於 04-11-29 15:58 |只看該作者

Norrisze

I have 20 marks to get a seat, I heard that at least you get 20 marks, you have a chance to join the lucky draw.

11#
發表於 04-11-29 16:06 |只看該作者

Hi, singjoezai

thanks for you kindly reply, I will try to relax and be happy .

12#
發表於 04-11-30 06:15 |只看該作者

Thanks! Happyboy.

13#
發表於 04-12-4 20:31 |只看該作者

Hello, I lived at North Point.  My son only got basic marks (no religion, no relatives & he's the eldest child).  I agree that I'll try to train him to be responsible for his stuff.  I have told him that I'll not push him very hard.  He have to work hard if he want to have acheivement.  But I am a bit afraid that I will be pushed by the teacher!   
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖