搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 瑪利曼小學
樓主: WeWeWahWah
go

瑪利曼小學 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 06-1-5 18:56 |只看該作者

Re: 瑪利曼小學

老師私下打比家長係好事,起碼知道自己個小朋友邊道出問題,唔想直接話佢傷佢自專心和害怕去面對老師,希望和家長諗方法解決,但講到程度跟唔到要轉校就一定唔會,因為佢地既老師好好,平時就算邊個成績唔好,都唔會在全班同學中講半句或奇示,所以老師和同學間感情好好.小朋友升上小學後既學習程放我諗每個家長都好想知,有老師肯私下打比家長講,我諗飛身去接聽個電話都黎唔切啦!唔通等派成績表見到科科肥佬先保救咩!出面又有邊幾間學校既老師肯課餘做咁多無謂o野呀?自今年瑪利曼轉校長後,我見到有好多好的轉變,無了面試,校長還親自教低年級的phonic,總括真係間好學校.

22#
發表於 06-1-5 19:43 |只看該作者

bbqueen,
我本人只係鍾意銅鑼灣聖保祿中學多D,感覺英文會再好一點,所以如果小學能夠咁好彩考入,我都未必會放棄,你都知銅鑼灣St.Paul幾串,又唔派報名表,要人自己交份profile比佢睇.
但讀瑪利曼我相信會比銅鑼灣st.paul輕鬆,因為佢地低年級無考試無名次,而且又活動教學,功課少和多數在校內已完成,我女女每日放學返來如果唔係我規定佢要溫書,我諗佢實由3點幾玩到夜晚為止.
我唔太清楚銅鑼灣st.paul小學的英文程度和瑪利曼比,分別有幾大,但我女女由開學到現在,老師用全英上課已不成問題,還能獨自看英文故事書,而且聽佢講過英文既朋友都會估佢地係外籍老師教英文,因女女既口音好正中.
我有朋友在銅鑼灣st.paul中學畢業,佢英文程度好高,出去見工好多老板見係出自銅鑼灣st.paul中學,都已好似係一個信心o既保證.

23#
發表於 06-1-5 21:24 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

24#
發表於 06-1-5 23:20 |只看該作者

wootaitai 寫道:

In fact i have a question.  Why do people say MSS is the only subsidized  school that uses English as the medium in teaching?  

The only subsidized  school that uses English as the medium in teaching IN HK ISLAND FOR GIRL.

25#
發表於 06-1-5 23:43 |只看該作者

flower99

請問P1 有幾多班? 幾多人/班? 1st round 有幾多seats? 幾多人爭?  2nd round 又有幾多個位?  Thanks for your sharing!

26#
發表於 06-1-6 09:21 |只看該作者

其實俾學費既係咪爸爸? 讀書既就係囡囡! 我覺得要尊重佢地既決定.最好叫佢地兩個自己傾傾,如果囡囡好鍾意讀番聖保祿又肯答應負責俾錢果個努力讀者,我相信會有個相贏的決定.

Sindybel 寫道:
Just wanted to say 銅鑼灣聖保祿小學 is a privte school, so that it will not change to 直資 in futher. But 銅鑼灣聖保祿中學 is now a 直資 school.

My daugther is happy to stay in 銅鑼灣聖保祿小學 but My husband not agree to stay 銅鑼灣聖保祿小學, coz need to pay. But myself would love her to study in 銅鑼灣聖保祿小學 of course together with her old friends, she will be more happy, it is true. And I do think we can afford for the school fee.

Any idea or suggestion that I can change my husband's mind.

[quote]
primary2006 寫道:
個人意見,如果交學費唔係要考慮的因素,而兩間都係女校,大家都旗鼓相當既話,我就會俾囡囡讀返銅鑼灣聖保祿小學. 小朋友有好多一齊升小一的好同學,會開心好多,亦會好快適應小學的生活. 你可以先問一問囡囡的喜好.  

我唯一唔鍾意銅鑼灣聖保祿小學就係每班有成40人,只得一位老師,希望佢轉直資後,資源會好的! 不過,瑪利曼小學都係每班成40人. 所以以這兩間學校相比較的話,就無需考慮這因素.  
[/quote]

27#
發表於 06-1-6 10:30 |只看該作者

我本人就在銅鑼灣St Paul 讀書,以前小學部D英文水準真係好高,除

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

28#
發表於 06-1-6 11:45 |只看該作者

尋晚o係屋企樓下間七十一, 見到有個st paul convent學生(約小3,4)同門口個菲傭講" i hell my fan to bray"

29#
發表於 06-1-6 11:56 |只看該作者

Dear all,

Happy New Year!!
I would like to share my comments and experience with you as one of my daughter is studing in St. Paul Convent (Causeway bay) and the other one is studing in Marymount.

Both of my daughters start studing in St. Paul from kindergarten. Elder one is now F.1 in St. Paul and the younger one has changed to Marymount last year from St. Paul and she is now P.3.

Comparison of the the 2 schools:

St. Paul Convent (Primary)
- very little homework
- English standard is high
- students has lower Chinese standard in common
  (only Chinese/BK/Puongtunghua in Chinese)
- most of the teachers are very demanding, very
  strict to the students
- private school, around HKD2,400 per month

St. Paul Convent (Secondary)
- very little communication with parents
- a lot of projects
- a lot of school activities

Marymount Primary
- more homework compare with St. Paul
- better communication with parents
- in general, most of the teachers are very good,
  they show caring and concern to each student
- English standard is a bit lower that St. Paul but
  Chinese is better
- more supplementary excercises than St. Paul
- the new principal is very nice
- government school

In summary, I like Marymount better. Teachers are very important to the students. They can motivate the students to have a good manner/method to study.  My younger daughter told me that she liked the teachers in Marymount very much. Her attitude is more positive and she is more open after she has joined Marymount. It proved that I've made a good choice. Actually, I've the same worried that she may not be happy to change to another school. She has to made new friends and get used to the new enviornment. But she has overcomed this very quickly. So, don't worry, children has incredible adaptability.

Cheers

Cheers

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

30#
發表於 06-1-6 11:59 |只看該作者

其實marymount係咪真係咁無壓力咁易跟得上? 因為我聽過畫班老師話, 佢有個學生(校名就唔好講喇)入到marymount, 但有d擔心跟唔上唔知要唔要好, 事緣個小朋友讀既幼稚園想學生幼稚園開心d(反正上到小學慢慢學都唔遲), 程度唔太深, 所以有"前輩"試過上到marymount跟唔上, 受到唔小壓力
safarimama 寫道:
The standard of 瑪利曼小學 is very high... and the teachers will complaint the parents if their kids don't meet the level. I know a kid who studies P1 in here.... her mother always received calls and asked to push her daughter more. One time, the teacher told her mother that her daughter should not study in here and suggested her to find another school.

31#
發表於 06-1-6 12:42 |只看該作者

I think students must have pressure no matter which school they're studing. I would say that students will have more pressure in St. Paul than Marymount. Both schools only have grading in the report cards but St. Paul will present prizes to the top students, best in English/Chinese/Math ... etc. While no special prize will be given out in Marymount except they have a certificate to those with best conduct.

32#
發表於 06-1-6 13:08 |只看該作者

What kind of certificate is given to those with best conduct?  I haven't heard this before.

momomama 寫道:
While no special prize will be given out in Marymount except they have a certificate to those with best conduct.
我最愛我老婆  :-)

33#
發表於 06-1-6 13:34 |只看該作者

marmount功課平均都只係兩三樣,而且叫回家朗讀課文都算係功課之一,咁又點算多功課呢?而且佢地都係得中文,聖經和普通話係中文教,其餘科目都係全英上堂,所以程度一定唔會差過銅鑼灣st.paul,老師個個英文程度都好高,無論由寫ABC英文字母到發音都係教得好正中,我本人都係睇見女女寫英文字先知正確o既寫法,我都要跟佢再學過,唔好睇少26個英文字母.至於擔心由普通幼稚園升上小學,這點唔使擔心,因為初期老師會相語(中文和英文)上課,直至大家都可以用全英為止,其實最緊要係個小朋友肯發問,好過齋坐遲早實發夢.新校長係舊生,比較年輕,但唔好睇少佢,佢好了解間學校o既需要和教學方針,好多家長都比較接受佢o個套,而且小朋友每次見到佢都好開心,好主動咁親近佢,佢唔會有嚴肅校長款o既感覺.

34#
發表於 06-1-6 13:41 |只看該作者

Dear all,

Sorry for asking SPC question under this MMS thread.

Dear Momomama,

Thank you very much for the informative message. I have some more questions regarding SPC:

1. SPK teacher is very nice. Any comparison between SPK and SPC teacher?
2. You said SPC teacher were demanding. In academic aspect or conduct aspect?
3. Any comparison between extra-curriculum activities between SPC and MMS?
4. Do you mind to disclose the reason to change to MMS for your little daughter?

Thanks.

35#
發表於 06-1-6 14:29 |只看該作者

Quote:
我本人就在銅鑼灣St Paul 讀書,以前小學部D英文水準真係好高,除

36#
發表於 06-1-6 15:00 |只看該作者

I've heard from my friend that her daughter has numerous homework everyday at Marymount despite of those done in class.  She said the teacher did not explain thoroughly and asked them to complete at home.  Could you imagine they have 17 things to do over the weekend?  I hope this applies to upper primary only...

flower99 寫道:
marmount功課平均都只係兩三樣,而且叫回家朗讀課文都算係功課之一,咁又點算多功課呢?而且佢地都係得中文,聖經和普通話係中文教,其餘科目都係全英上堂,所以程度一定唔會差過銅鑼灣st.paul,老師個個英文程度都好高,無論由寫ABC英文字母到發音都係教得好正中,我本人都係睇見女女寫英文字先知正確o既寫法,我都要跟佢再學過,唔好睇少26個英文字母.至於擔心由普通幼稚園升上小學,這點唔使擔心,因為初期老師會相語(中文和英文)上課,直至大家都可以用全英為止,其實最緊要係個小朋友肯發問,好過齋坐遲早實發夢.新校長係舊生,比較年輕,但唔好睇少佢,佢好了解間學校o既需要和教學方針,好多家長都比較接受佢o個套,而且小朋友每次見到佢都好開心,好主動咁親近佢,佢唔會有嚴肅校長款o既感覺.
我最愛我老婆  :-)

37#
發表於 06-1-6 15:10 |只看該作者

Answers to your questions:

1. Well, it's quite difficult to compare kindergarten teachers and primary teachers. Expectations are difference. You are right that most of the teachers in kindergarten are very nice becauces the children are small and there are not much pressure in academic issue. I heard from my daughter that teachers spend the whole lesson to scold one of the student who has done something wrong. Of course, the student might committed a very serious mistake. However, it really hurt if she was punished/scolded in front of the class.

2. I would say more on conduct aspect.

3. Not much difference in this area.

4. Well, there are a few reasons:
- MSS is a government school, so save me a lot
- teachers of SPC is a issue, I haven't received any call from the teachers during the SARS period. I can't see any caring for the student
- seems that they are quite monopolistic, not willing to accept suggestions and ideas for improvement

These are only my personal opinion. Hope will give you some ideas.

38#
發表於 06-1-6 15:14 |只看該作者

For my P.3 child, I think volumn of homework is reasonable. There might be more during long holidays. Including corrections, reading the passages (usually read 3 times), normally more or less around 10 items.

39#
發表於 06-1-6 15:23 |只看該作者

My girl received it last year. It a certificate presented by the class mistress. Total 10 students will get a "LITTLE ANGEL" certificate. I'm not sure if its a standard of the all classes. Students should have  good attendance, punctuailty, learning attitude, diligent, polite, helpful....etc

40#
發表於 06-1-6 16:19 |只看該作者

Evolution,
在manymount的timetable裏,每日臨放學前一堂叫self study,係比學生做功課或溫習用,需然有老師在場,但無硬性規定佢地一定要在做o緊功課,當然梗有些學生會做了其他o野消磨這段時間,而且我諗老師一定唔會唔比佢地做功課,因為反正這段時間已訂o左係到.不過低年級學生老師就一定會係要佢地做功課,此終佢地細個,而且我亦應為家長都需要同女女講明在校完成功課的好處,好等佢地唔會浪費這段時間做無謂o野!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題