密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ISF 弘立書院
樓主: kannes
go

ISF 弘立書院 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 08-1-18 00:35 |只看該作者
As I understand, the schools that require hat specify the type with a nect covering to protech the exposed skin between the hair and the shirt.

Research has shown that diseases caused by the sun's UV radiation has a cumulative effect on the skin.  So, 1 hour outdoor PE lesson 3 days a week unprotected is equivalent to 12 hours unprotected exposure every month, which amounts to 120 hours unprotected exposure in a school year.  That is the same as spending 15 days 8 hours each on the beach 生晒.  Although spreading out the exposure this way does not cause burning of the skin, but some damages done are not highly visible.

Better safe than sorry!

22#
發表於 08-1-18 09:49 |只看該作者
ISFA has offered a grade 6 place for my kid in the coming 2008-9 year. Any comments on their middle year
program? Any news on the approval of the school as an
IB MYP authorized school?

23#
發表於 08-1-18 09:52 |只看該作者
Wearing a cap or not is to me a trivia.  No big deal.

To judge whether a school is liberal, I ask myself these questions - Is the school receptive to different ideas?  How does the school deal with challenging or fussy students?  How ready are the principal, teachers and parents to go to school in pyjamas on pyjamas day, or dress up on Halloween? What would the teachers do if the kids say they want to do some dancing duriing morning assembly instead?  How would the teachers react if the students keep a hamster and a lizard in classroom?  How quickly does the school respond to the students' campaign to collect tooth brushes and toothpastes for the kids in Mongolia? Is the school ready to listen to and respond to the parents?  What will the school do if it is pointed out to it that it has done something wrong? ... I rate ISF very highly in these areas.  And I am sure I am not alone.  I know quite a number of parents (including local  Chinese, ABCs and Caucasians) who made the move to switch thier children to ISF from other "liberal" international schools (HKIS for an example) in the last two years and I have never heard a single complaint from them about ISF not being liberal enough.

[ 本文章最後由 warrrren 於 08-1-18 09:57 編輯 ]

24#
發表於 08-1-18 10:00 |只看該作者
原文章由 justinamum 於 08-1-18 09:49 發表
ISFA has offered a grade 6 place for my kid in the coming 2008-9 year. Any comments on their middle year

Representatives from IBO's Asian Pacific Office made their final pre-authorisation visit four days ago.  Be prepared for some official news soon.

25#
發表於 08-1-18 10:09 |只看該作者

回覆 #1 warrrren 的文章

thanks for the information. my kid is
now studying in a local school. I am a bit worried whether she can catch up with
the english language session. Is that true that english is the only allowed language
being used inside school ? will many of their students continue to study in their higher forms or will study abroad in grade 9 ?

26#
發表於 08-1-18 17:53 |只看該作者
For upper grades, per my understanding, both English and Mandarin are allowed except that the proportion will be different from those of lower grades.   

No point for me to argue the wearing-cap policy with someone who is......

Warren - Similar comment about homework.  My kid once was asked to put 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 together to a total of 100, with the use of + and - only.  Homework can also be fun!

原文章由 justinamum 於 08-1-18 10:09 發表
thanks for the information. my kid is
now studying in a local school. I am a bit worried whether she can catch up with
the english language session. Is that true that english is the only allowed lan ...
:-D :-D :-D :-D

27#
發表於 08-1-18 18:46 |只看該作者
There are a lot of schools that have the no-hat-no-play policy. I am not sure about PE though.
My children's school does have this policy for outdoor play but not for PE. But I think I would not complain if they are to do it. I do not see what's wrong with playing sports in hats.
I know some kindergartens even have "sunscreen/sunblock policy".

[ 本文章最後由 almom 於 08-1-18 18:49 編輯 ]

28#
發表於 08-1-19 08:06 |只看該作者
justinamum,

When did you go for the parent interview?  How long did you have to wait after the parent interview before a place is offered?

原文章由 justinamum 於 08-1-18 09:49 發表

29#
發表於 08-1-19 11:17 |只看該作者
Dear Courtbas,
I applied in Sept 07 . The first child assessment session was in early Dec 07 and the second child assessment together with parent interview was in mid Dec 07. I was given the offer in early Jan. Their second batch of enrolment will close  in March 08.

30#
發表於 08-1-23 21:07 |只看該作者

ISF REALLY A GOOD SCHOOL

1.Chinese standard very high!(They follow Beijing curriculumn)
2.They have two kind of math (chinese math and eng math)
3.very low student and teacher ratio 1:14
4.The student can speak putongha and english fluently
5.The student are very smart and confident
6.The school run like an international school
7.The lunch they provide is supper good,like you are dinning
   in the hotel.
8.Have two supper beautiful library!

31#
發表於 08-1-24 11:05 |只看該作者
my kid will study in grade 6 in ISF this coming Sept. Do you have any further information on their secondary school, how about the teaching staff there?

原文章由 sabun 於 08-1-23 21:07 發表
1.Chinese standard very high!(They follow Beijing curriculumn)
2.They have two kind of math (chinese math and eng math)
3.very low student and teacher ratio 1:14
4.The student can speak putongha and e ...

32#
發表於 08-1-24 11:29 |只看該作者

about ISF staff

原文章由 justinamum 於 08-1-24 11:05 發表
my kid will study in grade 6 in ISF this coming Sept. Do you have any further information on their secondary school, how about the teaching staff there?

You make a very good decision,Which school does your
son came from,As I know ,the teaching staff in ISF are
very good!Some came from 哈佛,弘立收費貴其實十分物有所值,他們將所有資源用在學生身上,學校很少再收取其他費用,這所學校真的希望培訓社會的尖子及精英,只耍小朋友真的很叻,又乖巧,學習態度好,弘立都會support他們直上大學,真令人感動!

33#
發表於 08-1-26 16:39 |只看該作者
thank you very much for the information. My kid is studying in MPS.
原文章由 sabun 於 08-1-24 11:29 發表

You make a very good decision,Which school does your
son came from,As I know ,the teaching staff in ISF are
very good!Some came from 哈佛,弘立收費貴其實十分物有所值,他們將所有資源用在學生身上,學校 ...

34#
發表於 08-1-26 22:30 |只看該作者

回覆 #1 justinamum 的文章

Will anyone go for theri foundation year?

35#
發表於 08-1-29 12:42 |只看該作者
My son was accepted for Glade 1 in coming Sept 08.  Do they offer much activities after school? Any parents here that their kids will be in Glade 1 in coming Sept , please come and share.

36#
發表於 08-1-29 13:04 |只看該作者

ISF

Congrat,  May I know which kindergarten your son is studying?   I am thinking if I should move my girl to their foundation course.  Did you consider their foundation?  Why not sending your son to foundation too?

原文章由 Prema 於 08-1-29 12:42 發表
My son was accepted for Glade 1 in coming Sept 08.  Do they offer much activities after school? Any parents here that their kids will be in Glade 1 in coming Sept , please come and share.

37#
發表於 08-1-29 13:19 |只看該作者

Capital Note

One more questions for ISF parents :

Should I buy their Capital Note if my child was accepted?
Could you share what did you buy, Capital Note, Capital Levy or Annual Levy?  Which one is better?  Thanks,

38#
發表於 08-1-29 21:23 |只看該作者
according to the admission payment advice for grade 6,
the general capital levy is HKD 150000 non interest and not transferable but can get the total sum back after 6 years.
the capital note cost HKD 850000 non interest, not refundable but can be transfer to others one year after purchase. They said the face value of the capital note will change from time to time and the transfer price will be set by the noteholders with the profit ( if any ) share between the shool and the noteholder.

the third option is to pay an annual capital levy of $24000 the first year and $12000 per year afterwards.$12000 will be refund to the parent after the child leave the school.

I have chosen the third option but I think the first option will be a better choice if the child atarts studying from primary one.

原文章由 leetai828 於 08-1-29 13:19 發表
One more questions for ISF parents :

Should I buy their Capital Note if my child was accepted?
Could you share what did you buy, Capital Note, Capital Levy or Annual Levy?  Which one is better?  Than ...

39#
發表於 08-1-30 11:30 |只看該作者
Foundation year start in Feb 08 for my son's year.  For your case, which year are you going to apply Feb 08 or Sept 08?  

My son is in K3 from a kinder which use english and mandarin as teaching tool, so he will study Glade 1 in Sept 08.

原文章由 leetai828 於 08-1-29 13:04 發表
Congrat,  May I know which kindergarten your son is studying?   I am thinking if I should move my girl to their foundation course.  Did you consider their foundation?  Why not sending your son to foun ...

40#
發表於 08-1-31 04:01 |只看該作者
My girl is now k2 and has already applied for 08/09 foundation.  She will most likely be accepted. That's why i need to plan now. i heard someone said buying their capital note is a good investment.  the first batch has already increased value from $100,000 to the current value of $850,000.
原文章由 Prema 於 08-1-30 11:30 發表
Foundation year start in Feb 08 for my son's year.  For your case, which year are you going to apply Feb 08 or Sept 08?  

My son is in K3 from a kinder which use english and mandarin as teaching tool ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題