用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 根德園幼稚園 08/09 K1H Dorset campus 報到!!
樓主: thundermui
go

08/09 K1H Dorset campus 報到!! [複製鏈接]

101#
發表於 08-9-24 17:33 |只看該作者
原帖由 thundermui 於 08-9-24 02:58 發表
hi everyone.. i'm back

me and cassidy really got a good time in the family trip

tobygirl888, i'm so 羨慕vianca will swim a lot by herself with her swim ring.. since cassidy never do that.. she like  ...

Calix has joined some extra-curricular activities since summer holiday likes singing (parent-child playgroup), gym, phonics and English-learning.

102#
發表於 08-9-24 20:24 |只看該作者

Phonics

Any recommendations for good phonics class?

103#
發表於 08-9-24 23:09 |只看該作者
happyjolly

cassidy has joined jolly phonics in jolly faith learning center in beacon hill.. she will start in oct

104#
發表於 08-9-24 23:13 |只看該作者
The phonics class joined by Calix is at Whampoa Garden.  They use the Letterland phonics and it's good that the teacher-student ratio is 1:4.  The class joined by Calix now is just 1:2.

105#
發表於 08-9-25 00:04 |只看該作者
Thundermui and Camom,

Thanks for the info.  Sometimes I think whether it is too early to expose a child to phonics.  My understanding is that one has to write before she receives proper training of phonics.  I don't know whether it is true or not.  Maybe you can share some experience with us after Cassidy and Calix have attended classes.

106#
發表於 08-9-25 00:12 |只看該作者
To all K1H dad/mom:

Today, 富淳 mentioned that "萬聖節" is coming (I have not used this Chinese term in the past, so 富淳 must have learnt this at school) and the class has to dress up for 萬聖節.  I wonder whether it is something true.  Have your boy/girl ever mentioned that to you?  I am guessing that there may be a birthday party together with 萬聖節 celebration next month.

[ 本帖最後由 HappyJolly 於 08-9-25 00:14 編輯 ]

107#
發表於 08-9-25 01:00 |只看該作者
原帖由 HappyJolly 於 08-9-25 00:04 發表
Thundermui and Camom,

Thanks for the info.  Sometimes I think whether it is too early to expose a child to phonics.  My understanding is that one has to write before she receives proper training of p ...

Hi HappyJolly,

For Letterland, Stage 1, i.e. "Early Years" only deals with the 26 letters (both upper & lower cases) and their letter sounds through the letterland characters.

During Stage 2, i.e. "Primary Years", more complicated sounds will be taught, e.g. consonant blends & diagraphs.  According to the teacher, more writings will be required to make sure the kids really understand the phonics learnt.

There should be Stage 3, i.e. "Advanced" but I haven't yet asked for the details.

For me, I think we shouldn't rely too much on the learning centres in teaching phonics.  I just want to put Calix there to expose to the phonics (have more practices also) and also get more chances to expose to the NET.  I teach Calix phonics by myself also through books and DVDs.

Hope the above info. can help when you consider choosing phonics class for 富淳.

[ 本帖最後由 Camom 於 08-9-25 01:03 編輯 ]

108#
發表於 08-9-25 11:13 |只看該作者
原帖由 HappyJolly 於 08-9-25 00:12 發表
To all K1H dad/mom:

Today, 富淳 mentioned that "萬聖節" is coming (I have not used this Chinese term in the past, so 富淳 must have learnt this at school) and the class has to dress up for 萬聖節.  I ...

I asked Calix about 萬聖節 this morning and his answer was just "黑黝黝".

109#
發表於 08-9-25 11:16 |只看該作者
Seems that all the kids here take school bus, right?   Actually I really want to see if there's any chance for me to take Calix to school so that I can see where he sits, how he behaves in school etc..  Yet, as he's really very very "痴身", I'm afraid that he'll cry when I leave or he'll request me to take him to school in future.  My husband just asked me to "睇定d先"!

110#
發表於 08-9-25 15:56 |只看該作者
hi, i bring my son nicholas to go everyday but i know that most kids take the school bus.  i know some buses are late sometimes......i believe you can call the school and arrange to drop off your son on certain days...this way you can also speak to the teacher before class starts.  Ms Chan and Ms Lam are usually very nice and wl chat with you for a while.

111#
發表於 08-9-25 16:58 |只看該作者
Dear all,

My daughter Joyce has joined painting and swimming class.  I want to let her join one more extra-curricular activities......just thinking
This morning my daughter still had not yet recovered from holiday sick (typhoon sick actually),she was not willing to go to school ......but when she was getting off from the school bus after school, she was very excited and showed me her  small stamp given by Ms Chan.  She said only good kids can get one.  I don't know it is true or not.  After that, she said the kids couldn't go out playing and just stayed at the music room for singing w piano cos it was raining this morning.  Then I asked her what did she sing?  But she said "I don't know"
What's more......she told me she'd learnt B for banana and B for boat.

112#
發表於 08-9-25 17:17 |只看該作者
原帖由 yanjoyce 於 08-9-25 16:58 發表
Dear all,

My daughter Joyce has joined painting and swimming class.  I want to let her join one more extra-curricular activities......just thinking
This morning my daughter still had not y ...

Calix also got a yellow circle stamped with "How are you?" from Ms. Chan today.  I asked why he got this from the teacher today and he told me that it's because he had done something (I couldn't hear what he said).

He also said they didn't have PE lesson.  When I asked what did he do then and he said "singing".  Like Joyce, when I further asked what song did he sing today?  He said "I don't know".

Calix said they need to colour the flowers on p.6.  Don't know if it's true or not.  Anyway I'll let him do it tonite.

This morning he's a bit 扭計 when I woke him up.  Then I said Ms. Chan and Ms. Lam missed him very much after 2 days' typhoon holiday and they're waiting him at the classroom.  He looked happy and was willing to change school uniform then.

Did you kids tell you that Ms. Chan had taught them how to hold pens (or maybe crayons)?  Calix said Ms. Chan asked them to make a "tick" sign by using the thumb & pointer.  I think that's the "ready post" of holding a pen.  I also find that he grabs the crayon better than before.

To Nicholas mom:

Have you heard from Ms. Chan/Ms. Lam that our kids are divided into groups with group names already?  Also, how are the kids when you see them in the morning?

113#
發表於 08-9-25 18:26 |只看該作者
nicholas also has a green badge with a how are you stamp on it...i asked him what its for, he said its for daddy and mummy.....don't understand....
the kids usually play quietly with toys after they arrive in the morning.  Ms Lam will stand in front of the classroom to greet the kids while Ms Chan stays inside.  She is nice and very willing to communicate with parents if you see her in the morning.  If u do decide to drop yr kid off occasionally in the morning, you can still let the school bus take him home after school coz neither of the teacher will be there (they wl be on the school bus).

114#
發表於 08-9-26 11:42 |只看該作者
原帖由 tintingai 於 08-9-25 18:26 發表
nicholas also has a green badge with a how are you stamp on it...i asked him what its for, he said its for daddy and mummy.....don't understand....
the kids usually play quietly with toys after they a ...

Hi Nicholas mom,

Thanks for your sharing.  BTW, seems that Nicholas & Calix are the only 2 boys in this thread and I just want to ask you 1 more thing...can Nicolas go VV by himself by taking out the "little B" from his pants?  I guess Calix still can't do that coz he still needs to pull down the pants for VV...

115#
發表於 08-9-26 13:47 |只看該作者
I bring Chloe to school everyday too. It is good to be arrived earlier as she can have time to play and warm up before class starts.
I can talk with Ms Chan and get more informations of Chloe’s behavior in class. Both teachers are so nice.
原帖由 Camom 於 08-9-25 11:16 發表
Seems that all the kids here take school bus, right?   Actually I really want to see if there's any chance for me to take Calix to school so that I can see where he sits, how he behaves in school etc ...

116#
發表於 08-9-26 16:00 |只看該作者
hi.. so busy these days.. my maid back home and have holiday for 3 weeks... need to do all the things... so dizzy... take care of cassidy and her little sister...

cassidy didnt tell much about school these 2 days... everytime i ask her.. everything she told me 唔知喎...

but she told me joyce is sick today and ms chan phoned joyce;s mom to pick joyce back home.. how is she now?

117#
發表於 08-9-26 17:13 |只看該作者
Today there's a syllabus sheet covering the teaching details of week 1 & 2.
There are 2 English recitation and Calix showed them to me with movement immediately after school.

(1) London Bridge:
London Bridge (put 2 hands on his head to make a bridge) is falling down, falling down, falling down (roll his arms and bend to the right & left as if the bridge is falling down)

London Bridge is falling down, (repeat the above)

My fair lady (cross his arms in front of his chest)

(2) Three Balls

A little ball, (kneel down at the lowest height & use 2 hands to make a small ball)

A bigger ball, (kneel down at the  medium height and use 2 hands to make a bigger ball)

A great big ball, (stand up and use 2 hands to make the biggest ball)

I see, (pretend to see something)

One, two , three (use the fingers to show 1, 2 & 3)

"Bom, bom, bom" (clap the hands as if the balls are broken)

Sit down (I'm not sure if this is one the sentences of the recitation or just because they are asked to sit down after reciting this Three Balls)

I'm really happy & touching when I see Calix showing the above to me!  He really likes to learn and has learnt a lot from KV!

[ 本帖最後由 Camom 於 08-9-27 00:02 編輯 ]

118#
發表於 08-9-26 17:18 |只看該作者
When Calix was having lunch today, he said "Maisy" suddenly.  I asked where's Maisy?  Is she from K1H and he said yes.  Then I asked where does she sit?  He pointed at the location in front of him.  Then I asked how's Maisy?  He said she's a mouse!  I asked why she's a mouse and he said Maisy is at the TV.
Only at that moment I find that Maisy is the cartoon he watched on TV!

[ 本帖最後由 Camom 於 08-9-27 00:01 編輯 ]

119#
發表於 08-9-26 22:27 |只看該作者
Hi K1H mamas,
Thanks for your info about phonics class. I have called Jolly Faith , they said they would only accept children who can write.  They suggest me to enrol after my kid knows how to hold pencil.

富淳 same as Calix, sang a song like this:
A little ball
A bigger ball, a great big ball, I see
Let us count the balls 1, 2, 3...
She has a smily face when singing this song...so funny!

120#
發表於 08-9-27 00:00 |只看該作者
原帖由 HappyJolly 於 08-9-26 22:27 發表
Hi K1H mamas,
Thanks for your info about phonics class. I have called Jolly Faith , they said they would only accept children who can write.  They suggest me to enrol after my kid knows how to hold pe ...

Hi HappyJolly,

I see.  Maybe different learning centres have different enrollment criteria.

You reminded me/Calix the correct sentence "Let us count the balls 1,2,3..."  Calix tried to say "Let..." during the first time but he said "I don't know how to say" and therefore he just said 1, 2, 3...

Calix sang this song tonite suddenly but many lyrics are missing...

Moon bless, shining on me
Moon bless, shining on me
.........................................(can't here clearly)

Have you heard this song from your kids?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題