搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 cckg result
樓主: JOELCC
go

cckg result [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 06-5-13 00:48 |只看該作者

Re: cckg result

My friend has finally decided to give up CCKG's offer.  He said the chance of CCKG student to be accepted by DBS is much lower than before...     

[quote]
Sevendwarfs 寫道:
All,

Just an update - my friend's son who is on waiting list has received an acceptance letter from CCKG yesterday.       

So,  everyone who has received the "Waiting List" letter ---> don't give up...

82#
發表於 06-5-13 14:49 |只看該作者

Sevendwarfs,

Can u ask your friend which KG's students have higher chances to get into DBSPD?

regards,
8A Mrs Chan

83#
發表於 06-5-16 23:04 |只看該作者

Does anyone know the arrangement of school bus, as CCKG stated that it is between the parants and the bus company. We live in Shatin and wish to take a school bus to CCKG. Thanks.

84#
發表於 06-5-18 13:19 |只看該作者

For those children who are accepted by CCKG, which kinders are they normally coming from?  

What characterics or common background are for those children??

International schools?  Local??  Native English speakers??  Or is CCKG favorable to the children with outgoing traits???  Please share!

85#
發表於 07-4-8 04:46 |只看該作者

Re: cckg

Hi Sumyinmama,
My daughter is from SC and like your son, she is very happy in SC.
Can you tell me if your son is happy studying in CCKG?
Hope you can help.....
thanks in advance,
Momfromhkg:)

86#
發表於 07-4-9 00:39 |只看該作者

Dear all parents (esp. those who have kids in CCKG),

My son is accepted by CCKG and could anyone tell me more about this school :

1) Are the teachers kind to the students ? Do the students enjoy their school life?
2) How does the school evaluate a student's performance? Does it give too much pressure on the kids?

My son is not a outstanding student in his class right now and he is about average ( in SC ). I'm afraid he cannot catch up in CCKG and will lose his confidence.

Also, he is really enjoying a happy schoollife in SC. Is it wise for him to change the school to CCKG?

Many thanks!!!!!!!!

87#
發表於 07-4-9 08:07 |只看該作者

MaMaDora 寫道:
Dear all parents (esp. those who have kids in CCKG),

My son is accepted by CCKG and could anyone tell me more about this school :

1) Are the teachers kind to the students ? Do the students enjoy their school life?
2) How does the school evaluate a student's performance? Does it give too much pressure on the kids?

My son is not a outstanding student in his class right now and he is about average ( in SC ). I'm afraid he cannot catch up in CCKG and will lose his confidence.

Also, he is really enjoying a happy schoollife in SC. Is it wise for him to change the school to CCKG?

Many thanks!!!!!!!!

MamaDora,

The teackers are kind but very strict.  Most of the children in lower class enjoy their school life.

No examination and the evaluation is made by continual assessment.  The school/teacher don't exert much pressure on the kids but the parent did.

Hope you will find it useful to you.

Pimpimbo

88#
發表於 07-4-9 22:48 |只看該作者

Hi momfromhkg,
My kid is a girl.  She enjoys her school life in CCKG.  When she knew she need to leave SC, she missed her friends very much.  (Don't forget that if she stays in SC, she  will be promoted to new class and also will miss her friends. )Once she has used to the school life in CCKG, she is very happy.  CCKG is a small school , the kids know each other easily.  
Hope it's useful to you.
sumyinmama

89#
發表於 07-4-9 23:59 |只看該作者

Dear Pimpimbo,

Thank you very much !

MaMaDora

90#
發表於 07-4-10 00:28 |只看該作者

Dear sumyinmama,
thanks for your reply.
Oh, it's useful to know K2 in St Cat she will be with different kids. This info really helps cos my daughter likes her friends (about 6 of them whom she often mention at home) so I'm afraid she might miss her kids.
More so cos I heard that one of the teacher in charge at Christchurch often pulls the kids quite roughly, this is hearsay but I wonder how true.
But I'm sure Christchurch is 'famous' for a reason and so far, my experience with them, though short,  has been good.
The principle is very elegant and professional and helpers there are discreet and not rough.
I wish your daughter success in P1 application:)
:)MFH
p/s: can you share as to where to buy the uniform?

91#
發表於 07-5-1 23:17 |只看該作者

Hi smlsml,
just to share with you what i know from friends.....
True that not many CCKG get into DBSPD so it really seems that for boys, going into CCKG is not really a 'plus'.  Hearsay, very high percentage of boys for Kentville gets into DBSPD cos the culture is very similar. Maybe you'd like to consider that.
Another thing is the language.  Seems that your son is in two English environment so being in ESF and CCKG is not that much different. BOth are interactive, English based culture and happy learning.

92#
發表於 07-5-2 11:16 |只看該作者

momfromhkg,
You're welcome.  please check pm.

sumyinmama

93#
發表於 07-5-2 11:52 |只看該作者

I heard from my friend (who has a boy studying in K3 at CCKG now) that 8/13 boys in his boy's class were admitted by DBSPD and 2 boys are on waiting list. I think the % is really high, right.

I also heard that about 30 Kentville boys were admitted by DBSPD, but there are 250+ boys in Kentville K3, so the % is not really that high! The situation is the same for St. Cat boys!

I don't think Kentville's culture is similiar with DBSPD as the teaching method for Kentville is traditional.

Just a sharing!

junko

momfromhkg 寫道:
Hi smlsml,
just to share with you what i know from friends.....
True that not many CCKG get into DBSPD so it really seems that for boys, going into CCKG is not really a 'plus'.  Hearsay, very high percentage of boys for Kentville gets into DBSPD cos the culture is very similar. Maybe you'd like to consider that.
Another thing is the language.  Seems that your son is in two English environment so being in ESF and CCKG is not that much different. BOth are interactive, English based culture and happy learning.

94#
發表於 07-5-3 00:24 |只看該作者

So the admission rate in this year is much more higher than before.

[quote]
Junko 寫道:
I heard from my friend (who has a boy studying in K3 at CCKG now) that 8/13 boys in his boy's class were admitted by DBSPD and 2 boys are on waiting list. I think the % is really high, right.

I also heard that about 30 Kentville boys were admitted by DBSPD, but there are 250+ boys in Kentville K3, so the % is not really that high! The situation is the same for St. Cat boys!

I don't think Kentville's culture is similiar with DBSPD as the teaching method for Kentville is traditional.

Just a sharing!

junko

[quote]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題