教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 HKUGA & HONWAH
樓主: s0349337
go

HKUGA & HONWAH [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 06-11-3 17:57 |只看該作者

Re: HKUGA 2nd interview

charlotte mom,
thanks for sharing, my girl told me the 1st round, they need to read 2 story books to the teachers, ie one in eng. and one in chinese.
she likes listen to the story but not reading by herself;  so she complaint this school very much   
tina

62#
發表於 06-11-3 22:34 |只看該作者

Charlotte_mom,

想問吓hkuga係咪全英語/普通話授課.

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

63#
發表於 06-11-3 23:16 |只看該作者

tina
哈哈哈, 我個女都係鍾意人讀書多d! 如果我叫佢讀, 佢就咋晒型, 老師叫當然唔同啦!

yvomak
no, 係廣東話授課, 中文科全普通話

64#
發表於 06-11-4 22:49 |只看該作者

Dear Chrismami & other interested mammy,

I went to the briefing with my daughter today.
I found that the curriculum was quite well planned with very creative worksheets and really let the students to think by themselves.
They gave a lot of freedom for students.
I had great impression on the teacher's spirit.
Although they didn't have much experiences, mostly of about a few years, they have the heart to make new, well-planned, effective teaching tools, materials and etc for students in Hon Wah.

I talked to a teacher miss cheung (chinese teacher)there, she was so...kind, she has the tolerance as a teacher and told me that ......although students there are not many, they are very happy and don't have the feeling of lonely....
They could learn what currently in the normal primary schools BUT LEARN IN A BETTER WAY.
They tried very hard to find new ways to make students LOVE TO LEARN and .......
Actually I also studied primary education.
I remembered my lecturer told me that as a teacher :
-最重要是讓學生學會,而不是學過。
I was so happy to hear that the principal there stressed that she also has the same thought.

有沒有漢華家長是住在較遠地區,願意和我分享地區是否會對孩子有很大影響?
實際車程,如:在西區/上環/南區回漢華會是怎樣。
會花多久?
我是住在港島南區華富村的。

請回應。

65#
發表於 06-11-4 23:31 |只看該作者

s0349337,

I did go to the briefing session today. The school is impressive. Although there are only 4 teachers at this moment , I believe they have the heart to do it well. The only thing I'm not too satisfied is Mr Mason that he is definitely a heavy smoker. Hope he can quit smoking some days which will be good to his health......Mandarine Teacher, Miss Cheung is particularly profession. I think she is HK-local but she intentionally restricted herself to speak in Mandarin, even talking to Principal and other teacher. I have submitted application today
Live in TKO , very far away

66#
發表於 06-11-5 00:12 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

67#
發表於 06-11-5 00:26 |只看該作者

i also like this school, but as i live at Tsuen Wan line and no school bus indeed.  very far away and cannot solve the transportation problem as the school bus didn't have the line the kln side.

FYI, the outside mini bus have one line for Kln side at Kwun Tong, they said they charge over $2000/per month.

68#
發表於 06-11-5 00:44 |只看該作者

Re: HKUGA & HONWAH

Dear fellow interested mummy,
It was so good that we can meet here and at the same time at HONWAH.
The world is so small, I believe.
I met a friend who graduated from HONWAH secondary in the past and just graduated fromHKUST with the overall outstanding award there.
She said that teachers at HW were really caring......
They really have the heart in teaching.
And the students really did well there.
I think after 6 years, a part of the S.1 students will be from the primary, standard should not be a problem anyway.

By the way, every lived far away mummy,
won't u let your child to register now?
Or still waiting for the lucky draw?
What do u think?
Will there be too many applicants after JUNE this year?

69#
發表於 06-11-5 01:02 |只看該作者

70#
發表於 06-11-5 01:20 |只看該作者

Dear ckwliu,
That will be the same case as me for the travelling distance. I am quite near KY in Sai Wan.
If u want to send your son to overseas, that would be good in international school or IB course.
Actually I am not really familiarize with IB course, but I am quite sure that for 津小, they will be either too easy or too focused on public exam. I applied a津小for my daughter in southern district, I am going to teach there and I knew although the school is among the best 3 in the district, but they cannot provide such language and free learning environment to my daughter.
They have a lot to do, but not on discussing how to teach in a better & effective way.
e.g.They focused on Extra-curriclar Act, each day after school have activities, but not meaningful , right.
I thought that students can learn 一生一體藝 at school time like HW is really good and enough.
I let my daughter learning ART& CRAFT and scout now at weekend.
I think she won't have time to learn after school.

I really agreed that reading is essential for students.
If they find a right way, they can learn a lot of Vocab & grammar from books rather than from teachers actually.
By the way, U know, actually my family seem not supporting me.
I go there by myself, if my husband go with me like the other couple, I will be very happy and at least I can let him know why I like a school so far away.
He complained about the distination of HW.
I think that's not too far actually.

71#
發表於 06-11-5 01:27 |只看該作者

Dear ckwliu,
By the way, CKY means which school?

I am thinking of changing to select my choice in the lucky draw.
置富始南 ﹐我姪女在那兒讀,課程程度足夠,有聯課,好多課外活動。
但功課頗多,聽說三年級有十樣功課,為了系統性評估。
有精英班,學校將好老師都放在那裡。
家人說服我改選,我在兩難當中。
應否放棄大抽獎?
漢華現口碑有提升嗎?

72#
發表於 06-11-5 01:42 |只看該作者

73#
發表於 06-11-5 01:46 |只看該作者

74#
發表於 06-11-5 01:55 |只看該作者

Dear ckwliu,
I heard of 保良局蔡繼有學校. Yes, the tuition fee is very expensive. much more expensive than studying local university.
Of course, then the school can do IB course.
But may I ask, I think they can insist on IB course, because of the income of the tuition fee. PLK kindergarten cannot provide so much resources as a private K like cannan.
partly should be from parents actually.
Why don't u choose St.margaret as it is an EMB with cheaper fee?
it has more than ten net teacher at the school.
I applied but waiting for result.
For me the total fee of about 4000 is too much.
I think that's school is great as it provide third language learning in P3.

75#
發表於 06-11-5 02:13 |只看該作者

76#
發表於 06-11-5 08:15 |只看該作者

ckwliu,
agreed with your points that U rated CKY higher. For those financial sounding family, it is good to choose CKY. I do have several friend's kid stuying in CKY and they all give me very excellent feedback. But , competition is also great. I really don't have confidence to get into 2nd interview stage.
I did interview for St. Margaret too and waiting for result.
For Hon Wah, another concern , as U mention b4, the secondary school seem not mixing too well with primary session. Although I believe Principal Ng has the heart to carry out her cirriculum, I wonder if secondary school can match or not. Like, the Eng days and PTH days, it is for primary session only.  If it is worth for students, why not carrying to whole school campus ?
Anyway, I also live in TKO and believe distance is one of the big concern. :

77#
發表於 06-11-5 09:19 |只看該作者

78#
發表於 06-11-5 10:14 |只看該作者

I tried the bus from Lam Tin to school , it took one hour.....If school bus from TKO, I think pick up time probably b4 0645 :

79#
發表於 06-11-5 10:58 |只看該作者

I also went to the briefing session yesterday.....
the only concern for me is the standard of the teacher.... I know that the existing teachers (only 4) are good enough to carry out the spirit of the school, but as i know, the school will increase the # of class from 2 now to 9 next year, which means that the school needs to recuit more than 10 teachers in order to reach its CS ratio (which is 1.6-2) . Therefore will all new teachers can maintain the standard ?
BTW, is there any parents knows that will there be any school bus service for Happy Valley district? And how long will it takes to school?

80#
發表於 06-11-5 11:28 |只看該作者

‹ 上一主題|下一主題