發表於 05-12-9 18:01 |只看該作者

Re: KTS vs Good Hope

Dear莎朗,

Pls pm me.  Thanks.     

cd

63#
發表於 05-12-10 01:03 |只看該作者

Our taxes are paid to them, even their housing allowance, education allowance, etc.  

They believe that education allowance is compulsory for them.

critor 寫道:
I have no idea whether civil servants feel bad about the little tax they pay for their education allowance. One thing I am sure is that their remunerations are paid out of the public coffer. In this way, they live on tax payers' mercy.  

Anyway, allowances are part of civil servant's salary package. I have no reason to object.

[quote]
WYmom 寫道:

We have to pay tax to subsidize civil govt's education allowance and also need to pay the high school fees as well for choosing DSS/ private schools.  Why civil servants still feel bad about just paying a bit tax on those subsidies????
[/quote]

64#
發表於 05-12-10 01:05 |只看該作者

2girlsmom,

I have same feelings as you.  But there are not all parents can follow and work under this rule.

2girlsmom 寫道:
I think I can provide my own experience with both schools - KTS and GHS.

My elder daughter had her primary education in KTS, it was definitely a good experience for her and myself.  It is a well organised school.  The teachers are keen and thoughtful.  They are really interested in the good up-bringing for the kids.  The school work is not less but reasonable.  Focus is not solely on acadamic.  The headmistress is really kind and helpful.  My daughter graduated last year from KTS and now she has started her secondary school life in GHS.  Comparing two schools...GHS is definely more "closed door" and conservative.  Last year KTS students got good results and accepted to many good secondary schools.  

To be honest, choosing the right school for your kids is not according to the "brand" of the schools but should rather the kid's character and what kind of environment would bring out the best of your kid.

65#
發表於 05-12-17 01:34 |只看該作者

To all,

I received many pms to ask the opinions on GHS and KTS.  

My personal email is [email protected]

We can discuss via email or contact me directly.

66#
發表於 05-12-19 11:17 |只看該作者

can you also pm your opionion to me as my daugher accepted by kts and gh is waiting list.  So, I also need opionin to choose.  

67#
發表於 05-12-19 21:18 |只看該作者

to 莎朗
I have sent a mail to you, please check

68#
發表於 05-12-20 10:16 |只看該作者

Please send E-mail to me [email protected] about the option.  My daughter is accepted by KTS and GH is waiting list.

Thanks.

69#
發表於 05-12-21 14:59 |只看該作者

莎朗,
      我都很想知道,麻煩pm給我.多謝

chloeha

70#
發表於 05-12-21 17:57 |只看該作者

TO: 莎朗

MY DAUGHTER IS ACCEPTED BY:-