教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Comments on KBCK!
樓主: ramami
go

Comments on KBCK! [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 05-11-22 12:14 |只看該作者

Re: Comments on KBCK!

Happybb3,

YES my daughter told me last Friday about you joining their class. She told me every day about who and whose parents went to help.  It's great being there, isn't it?  All I know about my daughter is she's very quiet in class and she doesn't participate in the singing at all.  The teacher was surprised to hear that she could sing the songs at home because she never sang in class.  I worry what she'll do on stage in the Christmas concert.

62#
發表於 05-11-22 13:14 |只看該作者

Sandrine,
Don't worry about your daughter couldn't sing in the Christmas concert, because the teacher always sang the song in the class.  

63#
發表於 05-11-22 13:40 |只看該作者

-

64#
發表於 05-11-22 13:41 |只看該作者

-

65#
發表於 05-11-22 13:42 |只看該作者

happybb3,

What bothers me is she knows how to sing but she won't sing because she's shy (she told me) .  

At home, she always sings "Jingle bell rock", "If I were a butterfly", "ut your right foot in..." and a lot more songs although I'm not sure which ones are for the concert.

66#
發表於 05-11-22 20:42 |只看該作者

hi all, what will your kids pretend to be on 09/12?
my son will pretend to be a fox!!

67#
發表於 05-11-23 08:27 |只看該作者

Hi,

My son will act as a rabbit and I need to prepare an adult-sized T-shirt which is white in color for him. I guess KBCK will tailor-make the costume for him.

Minggrace

68#
發表於 05-11-23 10:31 |只看該作者

KBCK momies,

Do you have any info in hand which primary school that most of the KBCK students will go or being accepted ?

Many thanks.

69#
發表於 05-11-23 14:58 |只看該作者

chuchuma,

When I visited the school, the acting principal told me that most children went to ESF and other international schools after K2.  I've seen 6 mommies in the BK forum whose kids moved on to ESF primary (KJS, BHS, SJS) after completing K2 at KBCK this year.  Not sure if the school has such statistics if you mean the acceptance rate of a particular school, e.g. ESF because it's also individual parents' decision which school to send their kids to. For example, I met a mommy who let her son go to K3 of a local school after K2 at KBCK.

70#
發表於 05-11-23 15:34 |只看該作者

Hi Sandrine,

Thanks for the info.

I understand that your daughter is studying in KBCK, do you know their selection criterias for K1 students ?  They already reiterated in their website that English standard (both listening an speaking) is very important.  Except this, do you know what other factors will also play an important role in the selection process.

By the way, do you still remember their process of interview for K1 ?

71#
發表於 05-11-23 19:15 |只看該作者

Hi Chuchuma,

Does KBCK have a website? Please tell me! Thanks

72#
發表於 05-11-23 22:34 |只看該作者

chuchuma,

According to the General Info sheet that they sent you along with the application form, it says that first preference is given to those who speak English only.  Foreign children who can't speak Cantonese but who speak English are given second preference and the remaining places are given to other English speaking children who may not attend local Chinese schools.  So I think as long as your child can show that he or she can communciate fluently in English, it should be ok.

The interview process is rather simple.  We met the acting principal in a room where my daughter played with the toys on the table.  While she was playing, the interviewer would talk to her and chat with us (my husband and I).  When she's satisfied that my child could speak English, she took my daughter to the classroom where she introduced her to the students there.  She let her play and again, asked her more questions.  I don't know what she asked as I wasn't with my daughter then.

HarryPotter,

The website of KBCK is here.  

73#
發表於 05-12-7 18:58 |只看該作者

Hello All,

My son will be an Angel on Friday.  Will you be there?
I was a class helper last week, their xmas themed crafts are impressive too.
salami

74#
發表於 05-12-8 19:40 |只看該作者

Hi salami,

I will be Christmas concert tomorrow,
Look forward to see you then.

Cheers !!!

75#
發表於 05-12-8 23:59 |只看該作者

Sandrine,

Thank you for your info......I didn't realize that they have a website before!

Can you confirm that neither Chinese nor Mandarin will be taught in KBCK? I have sent the application for Sep 2006 K1 in May but still have not yet rec'd the interview schedule as of today.......

Sandrine 寫道:
HarryPotter,

The website of KBCK is here.  

76#
發表於 05-12-9 10:42 |只看該作者

Dear all,
I'll be there today.

Hi jm03,
No Mandarin or Cantonese will be taught in school although some teachers look Chinese.  The teachers only speak English in class and the children learn thru play.

The children are free to move around and play with whatever they like, e.g. sand and water, blocks, trains, dinosaurs, dress-up & reading corner…whatever is available in the classroom. The teachers (sometimes parent helpers) would spend time with each individual child to work on some project together, e.g. art & craft.  For example, when they introduced the colour blue, children were asked to bring something blue to school everyday for show-and-tell. The children would be doing arts & crafts related to blue. The teachers would paint, glue and cut with each child and at the end of two weeks, the children would bring home their project blue.  At first, I wondered why they would spend 2 weeks, then I realized that they would talk about the ocean, dolphins, whales, jellyfish, starfish, etc. during the two weeks. Other than arts & crafts & free play, children also have music lessons twice a week, chapel, P.E. and library time once a week.  Like other kindies, they have snack & bathroom time every day.  However there're no assessment reports or daily communication diary.  But as the school sends us a monthly newsletter and the teacher would send us notes from time to time, I have a rough idea what's happening in class.

Did you receive an acknowledgement of your application?  If you haven't, you'd better call the school.  They should send you an invitation for interview early next year.

77#
發表於 05-12-9 13:29 |只看該作者

Hi Sandrine,

Thank you very much for your detailed description about their school life in KBCK! I think it is pretty much similar to the school life in ESF kindergarten, right?

However, I still have some more questions:
1) How about the usage of text books during class or for homework? Any written homework?

2) I understand that children who go to KBCK are targeting to get into ESF or other international primaries.  However, do you have any concern about the fact that chinese /mandarin are not taught to them orally or written??

3) From their website, it seems that kids are not required to wear school uniforms?

4) What about the average ratio of chinese to non-chinese kids?

Yes, I did receive their acknowledgement letter. But I am just too anixous about the chance of getting into KBCK as I also submitted the application for ESF TY.....

Thank you for your patience!

Sandrine 寫道:

Hi jm03,
No Mandarin or Cantonese will be taught in school although some teachers look Chinese.  The teachers only speak English in class and the children learn thru play.

78#
發表於 05-12-9 18:11 |只看該作者

Dear all,

The concert was great! I almost cried when I saw the children singing and dancing on the stage. They are really wonderful!

jm03,

1) No textbooks nor homework.  But there's story time and children check out one cassette tape (K1) / book (K2) from the library once a week to listen/read at home.  No writing is taught and so no homework.

2) My child can speak Cantonese, although not very fluently. I would like her to learn reading/writing too when she reaches primary.

3) No uniform.  The school expects children to wear something washable as the clothes get dirty very easily, from painting.

4) Not sure about the percentage of Non-Chinese in the school but in my child's class, one-third has non-Chinese last names.  There are Korean, Indian, American, African, etc.

79#
發表於 05-12-10 19:44 |只看該作者

Thanks Sardine!

80#
發表於 05-12-19 20:30 |只看該作者

The Xmas Crafts surprise me again!
Teachers did spend lots of time with them on themed crafts.

I really like the stocking!    
salami
‹ 上一主題|下一主題