搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 協恩VS德望,煩!
樓主: cherrylemon
go

協恩VS德望,煩! [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 04-7-1 03:10 |只看該作者

Re: 協恩VS德望,煩!

眼見她可以坐定定一個小時去做一張嘖翏圖畫,個多小時去看完一本她自選的課外書,這不是很好的專注練習嗎!

我想像我女第時都係咁,我都好開心,真的.
越睇自己就越覺得自己比街市買餸講價的師奶更煩,起碼佢地到價都會放手,但我重係咁諗自己有冇揀錯....

還是開開心心地為乖女做好轉小學前的心理準備吧!!不要左稱右稱了

其實我再稱落去,我唔煩,人地都會話我喇!希望下次同你分享係女女入學的趣事. see you, Eva.

62#
發表於 04-7-8 00:36 |只看該作者

i guess there're no schools with no mischievous students.  whether dating and shouting in mk only depends on individuals.  if ghs aint a good school it wouldnt hv sent reps to the unicef leadership and hkimun camps. plus its choir and athletic team are very outstanding.  but it seems no one gives a darn to mention that.

63#
發表於 04-7-8 14:10 |只看該作者

唔駛慶呀, 間間學校都有人話好,有人話唔好, 好多時人會以偏蓋全去評論, 自己都會啦..

咁老實啦德望同協恩都係好出色的學校.. 但兩間都有曳學生.. 都有係旺角玩.. 咁DGS 同MCS都有.. 唔通咁就話間學校唔好咩.. 呢D個別問題嗟!

再者, 德望有家長養馬? 咁女拔有特首爺爺, 瑪利曼有賭王DADDY, 唔通有有錢家長的學校一定唔好咩!

小朋友係去讀書嗟..又唔系家長去晒身家, 人地有$$人地事嗟!
Msma

64#
發表於 04-7-8 14:58 |只看該作者

Well, GHS, HYS, DGS, Marymount... all are good schools.  HYS doesn't give the students a lot of homework and the students enjoy school life a lot.  I remeber during the SARS period in which school was suspended, the principal of HYS just tell the students to read and rest more.

On the contrary the work load and pressure of Good Hopers are pretty high.  Homework is seldom about supplementary exercises but essays and reports.  But if you can prove herself capable and worthy, the school will offer a lot of opprtunities like making you the editor-in-chief, organizer of the school show, conductor of the choir or orchestra, represititive to HKIMUN... even if you're underage.

DGS and Marymount... I think GHS tops it in terms of work load... For Marymount there're some sorta continuous assessments once every three four days tho, so that's quite hard too.

Btw I'm sorry, I've been talking abt secondary schools all the way.  I know this is a primary school board.
野橄欖。碎渣兒
http://lamnazarite.wordpress.com/

65#
發表於 04-7-8 20:05 |只看該作者

首先,恭喜你有決定。HY絕對係好學校,有百年歷史,我姊姊亦是HY畢業(中學)。
請容我加少少個人對GH之意見。
1)我絕不覺得GH多功課, 我天只係幾種功課。3測3考, 每次考完剛好是長假期,學生可以輕鬆一下。
2)GH之1st interview 收生極少,而大部份均是於2nd Interview收的。
3)我就覺得學校不但冇比學生壓力,而且於手冊內亦註明不要給小朋友太多課外活動。避免增加學生之壓力。
4)GH慨英文係深人半級的,但學生學得happy就得啦
5)德望新校據說好靚, 非常特別, 重好貴
6)最重要係GH中學近年成績斷標升,進步非凡

小小個人對GH之感覺與各位分享

66#
發表於 04-7-10 00:03 |只看該作者

msma, sry if i sounded rude of sth, but i never meant so.  i just think comparing schools is futile sometimes. it mostly depends on the student his-/herself right.
btw i think ur a fair person. may i ask how old is ur eldest daughter

67#
發表於 04-7-11 00:04 |只看該作者

[size=large]較肉柱:我要同你講聲SORRY! 我真係睇唔到你之前寫

德望自從成立左家長教師會之後已經冇咁多功課啦,
事實上我識得5位女士今年都已年過40,
2位協恩畢業3位係德望畢業,
論工作能力同英語水平大不相同,
德望畢業既女士都有一個共同點.................英語能力極佳...............其中一個仲嫁埋畀鬼佬...........另一個就上明珠台做節目..............工作方面亦極主動進取,簡直連男同事都要彈開...............
相反協恩畢業個2位同我都係同事...............唔想講人閒話..............你地自己諗啦!

同之後O個段都冇睇到,真係好對唔住呀!我真心的,因為我自己一時大意而誤會你行過入黎鬧人,所以我真係粗魯左,好多謝你比資料我參考,我需然已經揀左協恩,我諗我信協恩英文唔差,但我仍然為阿女四處搵好的英文(補習)學校,而家搵搵埋埋都要成3000蚊一個月(重有其他課外活動),同德望學費其實差唔多,所以請你語好誤會,我唔係淨為錢,我真係有考慮過其他理由,只係可能我係心度諗完,冇post出黎....sorry,我真係以為你只係post過一段,請原諒!

多謝你曾經為我諗過我的問題,我最終的選擇與你意見不同,只是因為我有我的為難的原因. !

亦都同大家講聲sorry. 因為我大意,令到大家都咁氣憤!

68#
發表於 04-7-11 00:43 |只看該作者

msma, 好多謝你之比意見我,我直頭feel到你好代入而諗過.其實間間學校都有有錢人,有錢唔代表乜,唔係話有錢家長的學校一定唔好,其實我唔應該咁諗,我屋企人都有話我呢個諗法唔正確,我屋企重好精景咁話:越多有錢佬的仔女讀,你就應該覺得越好,因為佢地選擇多d,(有$ma),咁都揀,即係話間學校好law..... 我唔係話有有錢家長的學校唔好,我只係驚自己女女唔識諗會同人比較,一間攪到自我形象低落就慘!.....

69#
發表於 04-7-11 13:26 |只看該作者

kpw, your quote  re :6)最重要係GH中學近年成績斷標升,進步非凡
May i know if you have any evidence to support this? Coz i never heard about such statement regarding the academic result of GHS.... I always have the impression that GHS academic result is only average, although it tops in the music competition.

I think this topic, 協恩VS德望 is really quite difficult to choose, since i think both in kowloon side and are about the same in standard. Academically not the most outstanding levels eg DGS/Maryknoll but both excel in the extra-curricular activities eg music and sports.

It's always nice to see improvement of schools, since quality of overall education is dropping over the years.
please can kpw give us some evidence! thanks!

kpw 寫道:
首先,恭喜你有決定。HY絕對係好學校,有百年歷史,我姊姊亦是HY畢業(中學)。
請容我加少少個人對GH之意見。
1)我絕不覺得GH多功課, 我天只係幾種功課。3測3考, 每次考完剛好是長假期,學生可以輕鬆一下。
2)GH之1st interview 收生極少,而大部份均是於2nd Interview收的。
3)我就覺得學校不但冇比學生壓力,而且於手冊內亦註明不要給小朋友太多課外活動。避免增加學生之壓力。
4)GH慨英文係深人半級的,但學生學得happy就得啦
5)德望新校據說好靚, 非常特別, 重好貴
6)最重要係GH中學近年成績斷標升,進步非凡

小小個人對GH之感覺與各位分享

70#
發表於 04-7-11 15:46 |只看該作者

No offense, but I think GHS is more than average.  Last year a F.5 student, who got 10 As in the HKCEE, was admitted to Princeton University.  Another two won the HK Outstanding Students Award 2003.  This year, so far as I know, a F.6 student is admitted to Beijing University and 4 others are prematurely taken in by HKU or CU.

野橄欖。碎渣兒
http://lamnazarite.wordpress.com/

71#
發表於 05-4-8 23:36 |只看該作者

I don't agree.  Do you have any opinion about Maryknoll Convent School? Maryknoll Convent School also is 政府派位, 唔使交學費.

較肉柱 寫道:
協恩同德望兩間揀邊間?
揀協恩既家長原因絕大部份係因為佢唔使交學費.(今時今日慳得就慳啦喂!)

協恩小學係津小所以一定要接受政府派位,收到咩人天曉得!
相反德望係私校收生全部由校方控制,
咁兩間邊間好呢?道理一字咁淺啦!

72#
發表於 05-4-9 01:15 |只看該作者

Cherrylemon,
I support your choice.  If I were you, I also choose HY.  I'm not just talking but I done.  In fact, GH Secondary accepted my daughter in this February but I gave up.  It's not the reason of money and not the reason because GH is too tough, because my daugther is a very tough girl & could accept quite high pressure.  However, if there is a similar standard school like HY, I prefer Gov't school instead of Private school.  因我希望小女能有機會接觸到多d不同階層的人.  I believe most of the students in GH are rich or upper-middle class, but I'm not.

73#
發表於 05-4-9 11:44 |只看該作者

德望這幾年来之會考成績並不十分標青,可能不比協恩好很多,這是事實。但選校時,應留意兩校教法之分別,留意師生比例、留意有文科(特别是英文)有沒有分程度、分小组教學等。也即是說,看看德望那35000一年值唔值。

至於是不是要睇學生家長是否有錢,我睇就無所謂,校风好的,學生自然是攀比成績、互相幫助。校风差的,自然是攀比家底、比衣著,要攀比的,幾平民之學校都可攀比。

我的孩子就讀一所學費很cheap的私校,以我觀察,坐Bens上學的有之、坐貨Van上學的有之,行路上學的有之。但從未聽見學生攀比家底。

74#
發表於 05-4-10 14:52 |只看該作者

Cherrylemon,

Actually you are very lucky to have such brilliant daughter who knows how to share, love, give-and-take with kids at her age.  I am really jealous on you because my daughter is not that type. I need to use many words and body lanuage to show her how to be polite and explain her how to be nice to everyone.

However, when I read your article, I know you are not bad gal but it seems you were too 火爆 and you gave too high pressure on yourself, your husband and your daughter.  Luckily, you know how to analyse and find out the best for yourself eventually.

May I remind you that "harmony" is very important to a family?  In fact, I am the same type of person as you (I guess..sorry to group you inside) in the past.   However, I changed a lot after being a mother.  I want to show how to be good and maintain the best in front of my daughter.  

If your daughter is so understandable as you mentioned before, you should praise her instead of buying another gift to cheer her up.  

I was the only daughter too.  My mother did very good model on me.  She always treated the best and bought the best for my cousins.  In the past, I was doubt why she always treated the others better than me.  Certainly I was confused when I was young.  However, I started to understand her real meaning when I grew up.   She did many things to let me know the "value" of life.

Why you think that your daughter was treated unfairly or lost something just because her auntie didn't buy her a gift or the other kid got her seat???
In fact, she is clever than you.  She knows the real value of everything. (sorry for my honesty)

Please don't teach your daughter to have the same thought as you...too materistic!!!  I can tell that she earns double or triple than the other kids if she is doing in this way.  She loses that means she gains.  I am soooooooooo jealous on you to have such wonderful girl indeed.

My daughter is the opposite.  She is clever and knows everything very fast.  However, she doesn't have such good heart and clear mind as your lovely daughter.  Just like this morning, she told me that she didn't like to play with the kids.  Then, I had to explain her ....  Yesterday she told me she would push the younger brother because she got her seat, then I had to explain her....  Few days ago, she asked my maid to go away and shouted at my maid, I had to insist her say "sorry" and then she needs to comfort my maid..  She stepped on insects and she laughed, I had to explain how painful of little ants...  You know...even though saying "good morning" to downstair security guards, I did the same in front of her everyday since she was an infant, she still refused to say "good morning"...I didn't give up but I insisted to keep standing the lobby until she said "good morning" spontaneously.

I typed such a long message because I would change your mind.  Entering which school is part of children's life only, the most important thing is your thought and your training to her.  Again, (1) sometimes "lose" is better than "gain" indeed.  Only if you have the heart and power to lose, you have the way to gain. (2) HK people, take it easy, don't give yourself and your family too much pressure.  It is unhealthy.

Thank you for sharing.   Have a nice day!!  Wish your daughter growing up happily!!!

75#
發表於 05-4-10 22:13 |只看該作者

Chingyu,
I agree with you.  My younger daughter is the same type of Cherrylemon's daughter.  She can give all her things/food to others even she likes it very much.  One day, I asked her why you do so, she said only father & mother & sister cannot give others.  I proud of her.  She has ever asked me to give her money, then she gave to an old begger, she gave to her hand but not in her bowl, and she asked her go back to home because it was cold in the street.  My elder daughter was jealous her before because many people love her much.  Recently, she seems understand and changed her attitude.  

""My daughter is the opposite. She is clever and knows everything very fast. However, she doesn't have such good heart and clear mind as your lovely daughter.""
My elder daughter, a clever & tough girl, is same as your daughter, but she changed after so many years 被妹妹無私的愛感染了.  She knows sharing now.

I never think she is suffer, in fact she gains a lots.  這個無形的得著, 比起物質的還來得持久, 呢個力量可以改變很多事情的結局.  I never beat her, but beat my elder daughter sometimes.  She apologize to me no matter she is right or wrong if I'm angry, therefore 我點忍心打佢.  That's why I say she earns a lot.

But, I believe this is 天性. 只要家長不克意去改變, 不怕吃虧的人, 日後有更大的得著.

76#
發表於 05-4-10 22:29 |只看該作者

I am sorry.  I have to disagree with appleapple (who probably thinks that MCS is a "sure win" example where people who agree that standards are still very high.   It IS correct that MCS sandards have declined.    I know a lot of Maryknollers who have decided not to send their girls back to MCS for exactly this reason, i.e. dilution of standards.  There is a parent on this forum, I think, who expressed this view round about Christmas time last year (or earlier).  The same applies for a lot of my friends who are old girls of Sacred Heart and St Mary's, and old boys of La Salle, Wah Yan and St. Joseph's.  They all send their kids to DSS or private schools now   A lot of people criticise these parents as being snobbish, but I do not think that they are.  They send their kids to DSS or private schools NOT because they want to mix with rich people, but because they want their kids to learn with people with the same wavelength.  

appleapple 寫道:
I don't agree.  Do you have any opinion about Maryknoll Convent School? Maryknoll Convent School also is 政府派位, 唔使交學費.

[quote]
較肉柱 寫道:
協恩同德望兩間揀邊間?

相反德望係私校收生全部由校方控制,
咁兩間邊間好呢?道理一字咁淺啦!
[/quote]

77#
發表於 05-4-12 11:15 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

78#
發表於 05-4-12 17:13 |只看該作者

I agree with anxiousparent's comment.
I am also an old girl fr one of those famous school.  I wld choose a 實力 one rather than a famous one.

anxiousparent 寫道:
I am sorry.  I have to disagree with appleapple (who probably thinks that MCS is a "sure win" example where people who agree that standards are still very high.   It IS correct that MCS sandards have declined.    I know a lot of Maryknollers who have decided not to send their girls back to MCS for exactly this reason, i.e. dilution of standards.  There is a parent on this forum, I think, who expressed this view round about Christmas time last year (or earlier).  The same applies for a lot of my friends who are old girls of Sacred Heart and St Mary's, and old boys of La Salle, Wah Yan and St. Joseph's.  They all send their kids to DSS or private schools now   A lot of people criticise these parents as being snobbish, but I do not think that they are.  They send their kids to DSS or private schools NOT because they want to mix with rich people, but because they want their kids to learn with people with the same wavelength.  

[quote]
appleapple 寫道:

[quote]
較肉柱 寫道:
協恩同德望兩間揀邊間?

相反德望係私校收生全部由校方控制,
咁兩間邊間好呢?道理一字咁淺啦!
[/quote][/quote]

79#
發表於 05-4-12 17:41 |只看該作者

so after reading the message from different moms, seems those private school and DSS will be favoured by most parents if money is not the first concern.

So those famous and changed into DSS will be much more preferred by parents such as DGS, SPC,

Anyone think that it is good to try new DSS school such as TSL, HKUGA (in chaiwan) than going into traditional famous gov't school?

80#
發表於 05-4-12 23:19 |只看該作者

lady_marmalade 寫道:
No offense, but I think GHS is more than average.  Last year a F.5 student, who got 10 As in the HKCEE, was admitted to Princeton University.  Another two won the HK Outstanding Students Award 2003.  This year, so far as I know, a F.6 student is admitted to Beijing University and 4 others are prematurely taken in by HKU or CU.

so that means your daughter could do the same???   
‹ 上一主題|下一主題