搜索
教育王國 討論區 教育講場 請問在那裡可以認識蒙特梭利教學法?
樓主: 火星人
go

請問在那裡可以認識蒙特梭利教學法? [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 07-7-3 23:32 |只看該作者
Jointhony

this is a very good sharing as I always suspect the authenticity of the montressori materials and training courses in Hong Kong.

As Montressori hasn't got any copyright on her learning materials, I think it is okay to buy those which are manufactured by the non-AMI-authorized company. (since they are100% copied)

However, I will not take any courses in Hong Kong because I don't know whether the teachers are really AMI trained.

42#
發表於 07-8-22 13:14 |只看該作者
thanks for sharing

where did you get this piece of info.?

原文章由 joanthony 於 07-7-2 00:30 發表
quote from Geobaby

As a Montessorian, I am absolutely disappointed by the lack of knowledge and understanding about Montessori in the Hong Kong community. For a phenomenal city with m ...
笑一笑世界更美妙

43#
發表於 07-9-21 05:08 |只看該作者
Jointhony's article is cropped from Geobaby.   The author of that article is Joanna, the directress of Casa dei Bambini.   Jointhony  did not post  the response of that article.  I am posting it below.  Should you be interested to follow up, here is the link: http://www.geobaby.com/forum/thread121044.html   
===========================================
I absolutely agree with you in so many of your points. And I trulyunderstand your frustration. It is of no doubt that Casa dei Bambiniupholds one of the highest Montessori standard.

But, image what the world would be like if there is only AMI in theworld? How far do you think the Montessori community could go?

Dr. Montessori sought to do so much. Aside from her continual work andstudy in pedagogy, she never cease to communicate with the world,building a better Montessori community.

Could AMI alone fulfill Dr. Montessori's vision? Less than 8% of allMontessori school in the US are AMI affiliated, while only 16% of theschool are AMS affiliated. Even together, that is not a big marketshare.

Let us not forget the common denomination of Montessorian: Bambini("children"). Children holds us together. Without the children, what isthe use of any 3 letter organization."

"Whether AMI teacher is better than AMS teacher?" This was the questionI constantly asked myself before I took the Montessori training. I evenasked each of my trainer where they were trained and wanted to draw myown objective conclusion after my personal observation and experience.Some trainers were better than the others, but is it really because oftheir training or is it their personalities and their teaching skills?I was stuck on this question for a long time.

On my recent trip to further my Montessori training, I believed I foundthe answer. A few trainers transformed me. What inspired me was theirknowledge, passion, dedication and actions, not their affiliations. Ifound out so many of them had taken ALL three training courses fromAMI, AMS and St Nicholas in their lives. They have seen so much andthey have been through training in different countries and they arestill there wanting to learn and share. What amazed me more were myclassmates. Some were in their 20s and some were in their 60s. Some ofthem were already AMS and AMI trained and they are back for are-training. THAT's what I called the best teachers.

There are so many misunderstandings about Montessori. There is a lot tobe done out there. In the world of Montessori, the sky is the limit.

===============================================

原文章由 yuetmother 於 07-7-3 23:32 硐表
Jointhony

this is a very good sharing as I always suspect the authenticity of the montressori materials and training courses in Hong Kong.

As Montressori hasn't got any copyright on her learning ma ...

44#
發表於 07-9-21 06:20 |只看該作者
Hi Yuemother,

If you suspect the authencity of the Montessori training in Hong Kong.  You could take the proper international licesned course in the US just like I did.   When I was pregnant with my 2nd son, I took the distance learning course at the YMCA.   I loved it, but I realized that it is far from enough.  It only opened a door to the Motnessori world.    I felt like a self-studied doctor with no practicum expereince at operation bed.  I knew I want to pursue proper training abroad.   

Going back to the US wasn't difficult, I grew up there.  But my parents were in shocks.    They thought I was insane to  give up a well-paid job in HK.    Why would an MBA want to quit at the peak and go be a "teacher"?   They even suspected that I was undergoing some kind of marital problems.

But let me tell you, even you are done with the course in the US, you still need to go through 9 months of practicum.  Becuase my sons are in schools in Hong Kong, I couldn't bear to be separated with them for too long.  I decided to return to HK for my practicum.   Qualified supervising teachers with International license in Hong Kong is very limited.    Casa dei Bambini, Infinifty Children, IMS, Best Concept were about all the sites I know with international licensed AMI or AMS teachers.     (There must be more out there only I don't know at the moments)

As for your question on authencity of the Montssori training program....    Let's take Taiwan for example.  They have both the Interantional certification course as well as a local Taiwan certification course.   You see, the internataion certicifation course is around USD $4500, how can the teachers from local kindergarten afford this?  So they have 2 license.  The International certification course are trained by foreign trainers while the local certification course are trained by local teachers.   Now does that mean that the local license is not as good?   On the contraray, the local teacher understand more about the culture of their own children.   For example,  some of my American trainers have never experience living with domestic helpers, but local teaching will understand how life is like.   

Again, as I have said, the best teachers never stop learning.      They are eager to visit every Montessori Program to see whether there are any new ideas.

Why should we limit ourselves?  It's time for us to step out!  =)  When there is a will, there is a way!

run4fun

原文章由 joanthony 於 07-7-2 00:30 硐表
quote from Geobaby

As a Montessorian, I am absolutely disappointed by the lack of knowledge and understanding about Montessori in the Hong Kong community. For a phenomenal city with many paren ...

45#
發表於 07-9-24 15:30 |只看該作者
Hi Run4fun,

My baby boy is now 10 months old.  I am very interested in Montessori teaching method.

I have searched for the courses, and quite disappointed that there is no formal, international certified training centre in Hong Kong.

I really appreciate and admire your "heart" plus your "action" for going aboard to study the certified training course.

For me, though I want to study the course like you, it is difficult to bear the separation with my baby for so long.

I found myself getting tired with my existing work, I want to explore any possibility to do sth related with education.
I am now taking the 40 hours + 20 hours (practium) courses offered by IC.  It seems not enough.

Any suggestion?

原文章由 run4fun 於 07-9-21 06:20 硐表
Hi Yuemother,

If you suspect the authencity of the Montessori training in Hong Kong.  You could take the proper international licesned course in the US just like I did.   When I was pregnant with my  ...

46#
發表於 07-9-30 23:26 |只看該作者
Happy小米

請問於港島區有冇montessori playgroup?

原文章由 Happy小米 於 07-6-5 23:11 硐表
elizatyy,
also see my post in another thread:

教室位于住宅大厦里, 二樓(行兩層), 冇lift  (bb車我打算放喺入了大閘之后既地下)

-1.5-3 yr 果part我估計500幾呎 ...

47#
發表於 07-10-2 11:52 |只看該作者
gcywong

Montessori playgroup>>>>

Woodland Pre-schoolds:
http://www.woodlandschools.com/Landing.php

IMS (Wanchai):
http://www.montessori.com.hk/
http://www.montessori.com.hk/Summer_Break_Program07.html

MSHK (堅道)
http://www.montessori-edu.com/
http://www.montessori-edu.com/MSHK4.htm

Children's Own Workshop
http://www.montessorihouse.com.hk/eng/index.php?page=contact_us_send

48#
發表於 07-10-3 16:46 |只看該作者
Hi run4fun,

I am interested in the ymca course.  I know you think that it's not enough, but is it still worth taking.  I don't think I am brave enough to be like you to go to the States for a in-depth course.   You are really a devoted mother, my salutes!!!

AnpanBaby

原文章由 run4fun 於 07-9-21 06:20 硐表
Hi Yuemother,

If you suspect the authencity of the Montessori training in Hong Kong.  You could take the proper international licesned course in the US just like I did.   When I was pregnant with my  ...

49#
發表於 07-10-15 15:24 |只看該作者
Dear Anpan Baby,

Oh..you make me blush.   And look at you, you are doing your best for your little one too.   The YMCA course is not sufficient for teachers, but it's a perfect place for moms to start and learn about Montessori.   

Hats off to you too!   

原文章由 AnpanBaby 於 07-10-3 16:46 硐表
Hi run4fun,

I am interested in the ymca course.  I know you think that it's not enough, but is it still worth taking.  I don't think I am brave enough to be like you to go to the States for a in-dep ...

50#
發表於 07-10-15 15:50 |只看該作者
Dear bb@wonderland,

It's a pity that there is no international licensed Montessori course in Hong Kong.    The one that you are taking at Infinity Children is probably the closest you can get in Hong Kong right now.    I cannot find any other course that offers the training and the practicum.  

If you cannot wait, you could also look into Taipei and Shanghai for AMS teaching training.    There will also be an AMI teacher training in Hangzhou.  It will be across two summers.   I didn't  look into those becuase I prefer to go back to the states.

BUT, if you can wait, I know Infinity Children is also working closely with several overseas training centers.   They will offer international license training in the near future in Hong Kong!!!  (Finally, someone is willing to do it in HK) Why don't you ask them since you are already taking their course?   

Cheers,
R you in 4 fun.

原文章由 bb@wonderland 於 07-9-24 15:30 硐表
Hi Run4fun,

My baby boy is now 10 months old.  I am very interested in Montessori teaching method.

I have searched for the courses, and quite disappointed that there is no formal, international cer ...

51#
發表於 07-10-20 23:34 |只看該作者
原文章由 Happy小米 於 07-6-19 22:45 硐表
我報左, 遲一些夠半岁就返.

Happy小米 :  how is the school?  Does your boy enjoy the class?  I have applied for PM class (2008).

52#
發表於 07-10-23 15:28 |只看該作者
Hi Run4fun,

I have checked the one in Hangzhou before. At this stage, I still prefer not leaving Hong Kong and be with my boy more.

I know that Infinity Children is working very closely with CMI for offering licensed training. The existing problem is to how to carry out the practium.  

Anyway, I know more after attending the course offered
by IC, I hope I can better prepare myself in teaching my kid.

Thanks again for your reply.

原文章由 run4fun 於 07-10-15 15:50 硐表
Dear bb@wonderland,

It's a pity that there is no international licensed Montessori course in Hong Kong.    The one that you are taking at Infinity Children is probably the closest you can get in Hong ...

53#
發表於 07-11-21 17:46 |只看該作者
heard that the TST centre will move to Kln Tong centre later soon

and their Mandarian Teachers are not acquired Monte Ed.

is it correct?

原文章由 elizatyy 於 07-10-20 23:34 硐表

Happy小米 :  how is the school?  Does your boy enjoy the class?  I have applied for PM class (2008).

54#
發表於 07-11-21 22:30 |只看該作者
You mean the Chinese teachers have not got the certification yet from US?  then what is the qualification???
‹ 上一主題|下一主題