用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 根德園,st catherine ,兩間都收,唔知讀邊間! ...
樓主: ansonmom
go

根德園,st catherine ,兩間都收,唔知讀邊間! [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 04-7-27 15:32 |只看該作者

Re: 根德園,st catherine ,兩間都收,唔知讀邊間!

可否由家長陪同INTERVIEW

42#
發表於 04-7-27 15:33 |只看該作者

可由家長陪同INTERVIEW

43#
發表於 04-7-27 15:36 |只看該作者

MY SON IS SAME AS YOUR CHILD, HE ALSO CAN'T SPEAK EVERYTHING, BUT HE CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN.  HE CAN SPEAK "MA MA", "BA BA".... I'M VERY AFRAID THAT HIS INTERVIEW.  I BROUGHT HIM TO SEE THE DOCTOR.  THE DOCTOR SAID EVERY CHILD IS ALWAYS SPEAK SLOWLY....... HOW CAN I DO NOW?INTERVIEW

44#
發表於 04-7-27 18:59 |只看該作者

Dear PYJENNYHO,

I really hope that every mum here in Baby Kingdom can get what they want for their kid as I was once in such situations.

Concerning the interview in Kentville, two teachers will be asking questions at the same time during the interview. One will be talking with the parent while the other one will be asking the kid.  For parents, you have to prepare well as you have to answer questions about your kid, for instances, when did he start walking?  what was his first word? when did he stop using diapers?...etc.

As for the kid, there are things like colour matching, wooden puzzles, something smaller than lego to be put together and description of a picture,e.g. a zoo or a family.  I remember that my kid was asked to sing a song near the end of the interview.  Before you leave the room, there is a senior teacher giving out candy to each child.  Don't forget to say "thank you" as marks will be given as well.

You may also try St. Catherine's as there are two types of interview rooms you can choose when filling out the application form, either English or Cantonese.  As in my case, I , of course, chose to be interviewed in an English interview room. Native English speakers are the interviewers and all of them are very nice.  The setting there is a little different from the one in Kentville.  Only one teacher will be asking questions to both the kid and parent.  Parents have to prepare to answer questions like what is your expection on your kid? Why do you choose this kindergarten?

For kids, they have to match things according to the given place, for example, things that they can find in the supermarket. They have to choose a toy among some things and tell what it is to the interviewer.  There are also questions about colour.  All in all, my advice is to expose your kid more to the outside world.

Hope the above can ease your worries!

45#
發表於 04-7-27 23:52 |只看該作者

Hi Babybo,

Thank you very much for your long comments and sharing your experience.  If my daughter is in right mood, I think she can take care most of the challenge.   But the problem is that she can only understand and communicate in English.    I believe all of the famous kinder in Kowloon Tong use Chinese language during interview.   Am I right?   Do you think that I have other choices?    It is great if you can give me some advice.   Tks!!!

Can I translate the questions to English if only
babybo 寫道:
Dear PYJENNYHO,

I really hope that every mum here in Baby Kingdom can get what they want for their kid as I was once in such situations.

Concerning the interview in Kentville, two teachers will be asking questions at the same time during the interview. One will be talking with the parent while the other one will be asking the kid.  For parents, you have to prepare well as you have to answer questions about your kid, for instances, when did he start walking?  what was his first word? when did he stop using diapers?...etc.

As for the kid, there are things like colour matching, wooden puzzles, something smaller than lego to be put together and description of a picture,e.g. a zoo or a family.  I remember that my kid was asked to sing a song near the end of the interview.  Before you leave the room, there is a senior teacher giving out candy to each child.  Don't forget to say "thank you" as marks will be given as well.

You may also try St. Catherine's as there are two types of interview rooms you can choose when filling out the application form, either English or Cantonese.  As in my case, I , of course, chose to be interviewed in an English interview room. Native English speakers are the interviewers and all of them are very nice.  The setting there is a little different from the one in Kentville.  Only one teacher will be asking questions to both the kid and parent.  Parents have to prepare to answer questions like what is your expection on your kid? Why do you choose this kindergarten?

For kids, they have to match things according to the given place, for example, things that they can find in the supermarket. They have to choose a toy among some things and tell what it is to the interviewer.  There are also questions about colour.  All in all, my advice is to expose your kid more to the outside world.

Hope the above can ease your worries!

46#
發表於 04-7-28 09:33 |只看該作者

Dear PYJENNYHO,

You can apply St.Catherine's International Kindergarten for your daughter as your daughter can use English during the interview if you opt to use the language when filling out the application form.  This kindergarten is one of the best and it is a very good stepping stone to CCKG (Christ Church Kindergarten) whereas CCKG is itself sort of a through train to DGJS (Diocesan Girl's Junior School).

Concerning your daughter's personalities, I've found her quite like my son.  What I did was I took him to many different kinds of interviews before the one I targetted.  It is far cheaper than enrolling him to the interview training school, right? Virtually, all the teachers can conduct the interview in English if you tell them in the first place. It is definitely not a problem at all.  You may also discover that Kentville is Kentville, St. Catherine's is St. Catherine's and why some schools can never be the top ones.  Good luck to your kid.

47#
發表於 04-7-29 00:14 |只看該作者

Hi Babybo,   Thank you so much for your information and it helps me a lot!!!  Hopefully I can post my experience here after the interview.

48#
發表於 04-8-2 20:03 |只看該作者

hi JJ1122,

完全應同你的講法,因我都係一個極懶的媽咪,最好就係無家長參與既野。

九月囝囝將入讀下就班,都唔知點算,所以現在很擔心囝囝的睡覺時間,怕會比老師投訴。

想請教平日你會怎樣安排小朋友的時間呢?而我又住得比較遠,搭校車都會好內,所以現在很擔心,可否分享一下呢?

49#
發表於 04-8-2 23:19 |只看該作者

ACHOI,
我都住得遠架, 住荃灣.  如果下晝班呢, 我個女就12:50上車, 佢地放學唔知點解成5點幾先放人, 所以都要成5:45先番到黎... 番到屋企就食奶, 做功課, 7點食飯, 我8點番到屋企就驗查功課, 有錯就改.  最遲10點要佢上床訓.  第2日就9點起身, 玩下d樣個樣.  12:00食飯, 12:30換衫囉.. 中間無訓覺o家拿.   其實我鐘意佢番下晝班多d.  K1番上晝就慘囉... 每朝7:15比奶佢, 7:30換衫, 7:50上車..  朝朝要喝先起身, 要打要殺先擦牙洗面, 大字咁訓向地到等你同佢換校服.. 叫佢食d野, 又話食唔落...放學番黎食完飯就要即訓... 但係訓左夜晚又唔會早訓o咼...好麻煩.    下晝班就好好多, 起碼知佢食飽先番學oY.  星期日同佢去街夜左都唔驚第日番唔到學.   但係K3我都係揀番上晝, 因為想佢習慣小學番得早啦, 同埋學課外活動就真係上晝班d時間好用d.   d課外活動好似唔預人地讀下晝班咁, 好鬼衰.   
我跟過佢地坐保母車, 好多小朋友都會坐坐下訓著左..   
--- 2J 作品

50#
發表於 04-8-3 09:39 |只看該作者

Hi,JJ1122,

請教為什麼 "佢地放學唔知點解成5點幾先放人, 所以都要成5:45先番到黎" , 因為我個女9月插班K2下午, 謝謝

51#
發表於 04-8-3 22:07 |只看該作者

sell2japan,
我久不久就去接個女放學, 次次都成5點1, 2學校先開門放家長入去接佢地.  連保母車叔叔都話唔知點解放學越黎越遲囉.  最慘架保母車入面有St. Cat學生, 佢地要等埋根德放學先有得番屋企.  
--- 2J 作品

52#
發表於 04-11-11 00:12 |只看該作者

babybo

I have selected Chinese when I filled in the application form for my daughter.  Is it possible for me to change it to English for interview? Do you think St. Catherine will accept my request on the day of interview.  My daughter is arranged to take interview on coming Sat.

Appreciate your advise.

53#
發表於 04-11-24 18:45 |只看該作者

delete

54#
發表於 04-11-24 22:23 |只看該作者

ansonmom,

對不起題外話問一句,想請問妳何時收到通知?st catherine好似話要12月先知道,根德園都話可能要下個星期初先知,如果未收到是否唔收?

thanks

55#
發表於 04-11-24 22:36 |只看該作者

KY,

ansonmom 是在04年7月17日發表的, 即在本年9月入學的!

56#
發表於 04-11-24 22:37 |只看該作者

Dear KY

The teacher of Kentville said all applicants will receive result on or before this Friday even pass or fail.  Don't worry.  I am still waiting for good news.

57#
發表於 04-11-24 23:04 |只看該作者

Oh I see!
咁都無咁擔心。
thanks a lot

58#
發表於 04-11-24 23:34 |只看該作者

很棒...請問你個女幾多歲?

59#
發表於 04-11-25 22:07 |只看該作者

Dear JJ1122,
I received acceptance letter of Kentville today.  I lived in Tsuen Wan as well.  Could you please tell me is your baby taking the private light bus (  not school bus ) ? Why ? How much ? For am class, would my baby able to get on the bus a bit later if use the private light bus instead of the school bus?  Would the school bus add new stop along the Tsuen Wan route?
May I know is there difference between the 2 campus.  
And if possible, please share why you choose Kentville rather than St Catherine.
Thank You very much.
:wave:
‹ 上一主題|下一主題