用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 in完聖瑪加利..好擔心阿仔表現唔好唔收..... ...
樓主: 支那人
go

in完聖瑪加利..好擔心阿仔表現唔好唔收..... [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 05-10-26 22:51 |只看該作者

Re: in完聖瑪加利..好擔心阿仔表現唔好唔收.....

Dear birdbird,

sorry for the late reply.  My son is going to study in P.1 next year. Since he got interview in september, he was accepted by St. margaret earlier than you guys.  Anyway, I did not register eventually for him.  Please see my comments on reply to SA+GA for the details.  

My estimation on St. Margaret is they are looking for children with good communication skills both in cantonese and english since the school emphasize much on language development.  I hope that it can give you more idea when you consider which kindergarten is suitable.  Anyway, during the interview, I don't think that the interviewers really count much on the background of the kids(which kindergarten he/she is studying)Whether the kid is got accepted depends mainly on the performance during interview.

22#
發表於 05-10-26 23:15 |只看該作者

hinyanma,

I have similar situation as you. My daughter got the seat in the first batch too. After consideration, we signed the letter and pay the deposit on the OCt 15.

I also noticed that from their website, the home work and the notice to existing student parent, it seems the admin and process is good in thsi school. I also find out that the home work for the P1 to P3 every day and can tell the amount and who are the teachers. Native speaker for English class etc.

But my only concern is location as I live in Ma On Shan ...it's too far away and I asked the company that running school bus service for St. MArgreat now, there is nto service to MA On Shan. Only for Shatine and Tai Wei..

By the way, where do you live and which school is your first priority?

Hope you got the seat in your 1st priority school soon.
Good Luck!

23#
發表於 05-10-27 15:38 |只看該作者

HI hinyanma,

Thank you very much for yr reply.

Would you mind telling which is yr 1st priority.

Tks a lot.
SA+GA

hinyanma 寫道:
Hi, SA+GA,

sorry for the late reply.

Actually, my situation is the same like u, my son is going to P.1 in 2006 and therefore I have no actual experience in this primary school.  however, as far as I know, there are no tailor-made class for talented kids but the school does teach in small groups based on the standards of the kids.  My friend's daughter is studying there but in secondary three.  She told me that the school teachers are very patient and friendly and the daughter loves the school but she did not know much about the primary section.

In my opinion, I think you have to consider very carefully because you have to give up your chance for central allocation if you accept the place in st. Margaret.  For me, since St. margaret is not my first priority, despite that I love the school environment and the medium of instruction(English), I did not register eventually for my son on 15 Oct.(My son was accepted in the first batch)  I think you can analysize your son's character as well before you decide whether he will love the school or whether he will be happy under such learning environment.

[/quote]

24#
發表於 05-10-27 23:18 |只看該作者

hi, SA+GA & Monte vista,

I live in Kowloon Tong but the primary school net was not 41(the best one)  Therefore, I did not count very much on the central allocation of school places by EMB.  I also aim at private/direct subsidy school for my son.  As a result, I have applied St. Margaret.  Anyway, I now got offers from ICQM (國際音小)and Chan's Creative School (啟基) and I personally prefer ICQM since my son loves music much and I believe he is quite talented in this aspect.  On the other hand, I love the school environment and facilitities as well as the teachers who are patient and with mission.  I believe my son will be happy studying there.  

Anyway, I do believe whichever school is OK as long as it suits your child's personalities and strength.  I guess you all share the same view?  Wish u guys and your kids happy with primary school life.  :

25#
發表於 05-10-27 23:59 |只看該作者

Dear SA+GA & other mummies,

I also get big headache.  I like this school as blw:

1) English main teaching with around 8 native english
    teachers and p3 will be taught Madarian.  

2) good environment, althought it is not big, but
     new.

3) samll class

But it is too far for me,  since i live in hung hom.
so i decide not go to register.   And my son also got
牧愛小學  which school is English School and result is o.k. for get good Secondary School.  But i really don't like this school environment.  Actually, i hope get good luch to get gov't draw of CSK but it is not my net.   

26#
發表於 05-10-28 00:20 |只看該作者

Hi Masaka,

Hung Hom actually is not too far from St. Margaret's, in fact if you take the bus at the Hung Hom KCRC station, you can take 118 all the way to the final stop which is just opposit to St. Margaret's and just take around 20-25 mins can get there.

School should have school bus to Hung Hom.

27#
發表於 05-10-28 14:06 |只看該作者

Hi hinyanma,

Oh, it's very good your son got seat in ICQM,  the school facilities is very high standard & as far as I know they are also English teaching & through train school, is it correct ?? May I ask how's the interview for this school.  Since at the beginning , I didn't try this school as I don't know too much info from this one.  and recently I just heard this school is very good ,and I hope to try it perhaps at the last round.  Have you any idea if the chance is high that it may have vacancy withdraw from other parents.    Sorry to bother you again

SA+GA

hinyanma 寫道:
hi, SA+GA & Monte vista,

I live in Kowloon Tong but the primary school net was not 41(the best one)  Therefore, I did not count very much on the central allocation of school places by EMB.  I also aim at private/direct subsidy school for my son.  As a result, I have applied St. Margaret.  Anyway, I now got offers from ICQM (國際音小)and Chan's Creative School (啟基) and I personally prefer ICQM since my son loves music much and I believe he is quite talented in this aspect.  On the other hand, I love the school environment and facilitities as well as the teachers who are patient and with mission.  I believe my son will be happy studying there.  

Anyway, I do believe whichever school is OK as long as it suits your child's personalities and strength.  I guess you all share the same view?  Wish u guys and your kids happy with primary school life.  : [/quote]

28#
發表於 05-10-28 15:21 |只看該作者

Dear Masaka,
Me too. I'm living in hung hom but not near KCRC station. It's too far for me. But I like the school environment and English teaching.
Masaka 寫道:
Dear SA+GA & other mummies,

I also get big headache.  I like this school as blw:

1) English main teaching with around 8 native english
    teachers and p3 will be taught Madarian.  

2) good environment, althought it is not big, but
     new.

3) samll class

But it is too far for me,  since i live in hung hom.
so i decide not go to register.   And my son also got
牧愛小學  which school is English School and result is o.k. for get good Secondary School.  But i really don't like this school environment.  Actually, i hope get good luch to get gov't draw of CSK but it is not my net.   
Have a Nice Day !

29#
發表於 05-10-28 15:30 |只看該作者

I gonna decided to register for this school and give up the central draw....  Believe, believe that my daughter will get good guidances and being well educated in new way of learning; believe the school is trying every effort to build up their images and reputation like the other did..

30#
發表於 05-10-28 22:10 |只看該作者

Don't waste your chance. Register it!
You may go to the school and talk to some of their student there and the parent to understand it mor ebefore you register it. I registered it on Sat about noon time, so I hav echance to meet with the students that attend the activities on SAt morning and see how's the discipant and are they reeally enoy the school life etc. Then you can go to the place that near the food store of the school to talk to some of the parent that waiting for thier kids.
This is my 2nd choice as I lived in Ma On Shan and no school bus service, if Pui Kui College in Tai Wei offer my daughter a seat, then I may consider Pui Kui due to location issue. Actually both school are similar but Pui Kui more focus in Mandarin and newer than St.Margret.
Let God choose it for my daughter....

31#
發表於 05-10-28 22:43 |只看該作者

Dear WChan,

Thank you your information.  
Why i said this school is far to us.  My husband will take in & off my son to kindergarden from hunghom to kowloon tong which it takes 15mins.  But on interview day we drive car to go this school around use 35 to 45mins and also with little bit transport jam on bridge.  I afriad my son have some activities after school & sat. which it take more time.

If pupils with activities on sat or after school, how to arrange on school bus??  or they must go home by themselves???  Do you know how much fee of school bus from hung hom???   sorry so many question.  Acctually, i afraid regret to give up this school.  

Many thanks !!!

32#
發表於 05-10-28 22:49 |只看該作者

Dear Jesse,

Note you live in Hunghom and like this school.
Do you mind tell me your first proity and what your first place at Gov't lucky draw??

I also live not near kcr station.  And my husband like to drive car pick up & off my son.  But think about the time of transport which is so much time!

33#
發表於 05-10-28 22:54 |只看該作者

dear  MaMaMeiya,

Noted you decide to register this school.  
Please kindly give me some your comments on this school.  Many thanks.  

Since i might have points to discuss with my husband.

34#
發表於 05-10-28 22:54 |只看該作者

我家在聖瑪加利旁邊.我知道有綠van10A從又一城去到南昌站,15分鐘.由南昌站行去用5分左右就到的了..還有在黃"布"附近有18號bus 也是去南昌站..你們看看有沒有用啦.

35#
發表於 05-10-28 22:57 |只看該作者

dear  MonteVista,

I want to know more more about your comments on this school as you said you had reviewed on that saturday day.  
Many thanks.

36#
發表於 05-10-28 23:03 |只看該作者

dear  支那人,

Thank you so much your information.
my home go to bus stop around use 10-15mins which is not convience.  We take 212 bus which almost take 25mins.  But return home, it almost takes 45 mins.  trouble

37#
發表於 05-10-28 23:26 |只看該作者

Hi Masaka,

As I know no school bus in Sat, if you want to join the activities on Sat then parents may need to bring and pick up the kids.

My friend said the school bus from Tsim Sha Tsui to St. Margaret's is $770/month.  I think Hung Hum is more or less the same.

Hope it can help.

Masaka 寫道:
Dear WChan,

Thank you your information.  
Why i said this school is far to us.  My husband will take in & off my son to kindergarden from hunghom to kowloon tong which it takes 15mins.  But on interview day we drive car to go this school around use 35 to 45mins and also with little bit transport jam on bridge.  I afriad my son have some activities after school & sat. which it take more time.

If pupils with activities on sat or after school, how to arrange on school bus??  or they must go home by themselves???  Do you know how much fee of school bus from hung hom???   sorry so many question.  Acctually, i afraid regret to give up this school.  

Many thanks !!!

38#
發表於 05-10-29 00:47 |只看該作者

Dear WChan,

Thank you so much for your information.
該用戶已被刪除

39#
發表於 05-10-29 01:33 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

40#
發表於 05-10-29 12:09 |只看該作者

Me too, even 1st interview not yet be noticed

Fatherofdaughter 寫道:
I still havn't received their interview notice!   
‹ 上一主題|下一主題