教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Shanghai Mommies Club
樓主: critic
go

Shanghai Mommies Club [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 04-12-17 20:20 |只看該作者

Re: Shanghai Mommies Club

Dear Shanghai mommies,

I would like your advice on buying children ski wear in Shanghai.  I am looking for a snow romper for my 2 year old boy and ski pants for his six year old brother.  I will come to Shanghai on the 25th.  Any good place I can shop around?

Many thanks.

Ada

22#
發表於 04-12-18 18:20 |只看該作者

Dear All Shanghai Mommies,

Just to link up the topics that we've discussd before for easy reference:

International School in Shanghai

23#
發表於 04-12-18 19:43 |只看該作者

Dear all,

I am very happy to find this topic and nice to meet you all here....... My husband will do his business in SH sometime next year.... and I am still struggling whether we have all together to move there or not... because my son is only 1-year-old....... as we think that not only HK education is better than SH because the tution fee is very expensive in SH... but also HK medical system is better than SH... any commont about that????     Thanks in advance!!!!
Abraham was a hundred years old when his son Isaac was born to him. Sarah said, "God has brought me laughter and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me." - Genesis 21:5-6

24#
發表於 04-12-18 21:39 |只看該作者

I'm glad that we have finally gathered yesterday.  Please remember to refer your ayi to me.

CWong :

Re education, I don't really think HK is better than Shanghai. It depends on what school you will chose. Why don't you refer our old discussion about international school.

Medical is an issue, we still have no way to solve it, don't know where & how to find a good doctor. Just wish everyone can stay healthy....

25#
發表於 04-12-18 23:42 |只看該作者

Critic,

I will let you know the contact once I have found my friend.  Nice to meet and talk to you yesterday.  Hope we can meet regularly.

CWong,

You still have enough time to do research before you decide to move to shanghai.  You can make trips to SH to visit school and hospital here.   But if your husband decides to run his own business in SH and will stay at SH for the most of time, it is better for you to move SH also.

Agreed with Critic, medical is a big issue to us here.  For adult, we can adapt it.  But for kids........  every time when my daughter is sick, I still hesitate to bring her to see doctor as I have bad experience about this.   

26#
發表於 04-12-19 16:34 |只看該作者

Dear All
I am glad that there will be more and more HK mommies move to SH.
Actually I have spent some time in SH before, the medical system in SH is still far beyond standard as compar to HK. I also have some bad experience before
However, i believe much improvement will be made in the future.

27#
發表於 04-12-20 18:02 |只看該作者

Hi all interested in SH moms

Medical is a big problem in SH.  If you want to come even just a short trip, better bring your own drugs especially for children.  As we all know this is a real issue but can't be solved.  Don't hold hope on it in short of period of time.  I always say, "在上海我地病唔起".  

A clinic named World Link is expenesive.  For example, if you go there for Infu., you will have panadol and some local medicines.  It costs over RMB1,000 per visit.  

Local hospitial for VIP normally RMB250-300 or above per visit.  Offer you local medicines and senior doctors.  Say officer grade of the hospital.

Critic & Little Wing
Hope we will meet again when the weather is good.  Take good care!!

28#
發表於 04-12-20 18:13 |只看該作者

Hi Alam,

If you want to buy cheap down clothing.  I suggest you to go to 襄陽市場.  For good quality & brands, you better prepare from HK.  BTW, SH is cold recently (today 6C-12C).  I think you will need your own thick coat when you arrive SH.

Alam 寫道:
Dear Shanghai mommies,

I would like your advice on buying children ski wear in Shanghai.  I am looking for a snow romper for my 2 year old boy and ski pants for his six year old brother.  I will come to Shanghai on the 25th.  Any good place I can shop around?

Many thanks.

Ada

29#
發表於 04-12-20 22:00 |只看該作者

Hi,  11月媽咪,

I have visited 襄陽市場 two weeks before.  It just like "ei Ho Street" or "Women Street" in Hong Kong.  I found many gweilos go there for shopping.  I also know from friends that we have to bargain for the price. If the sellers know that you are visitors, they will usually mark up the price.  Do you know how many discount that people can usually bargain for?   I didn't buy from there because I was scare being cheated.

How's your lovely daughter?  Weather is getting cold today.  Do take care of yourself and your daughter.

Hope to see you soonest and wish you a merry christmas and happy new year.

30#
發表於 04-12-21 18:43 |只看該作者

Hello LittleWing,

About that market, normally you can bargain for 50%.  It depends on the quality.  Just bargain the price below your decided price, they should ask for more.  Some of the shops are selling export bb clothings.  I found a chicco pajama for fatty, only RMB45.  It's not fake.  

If you want to buy for children only, 襄陽is too crowd.  You can go to 普安路咩咩咩兒童市場.(龍門路下一條就係普安路)  Sorry I don't know the exact name of it.  You may have lunch at 新旺茶餐廳.  It is the opposite of Times Square.  The add. is 准海中路138號近龍門路.  You will see a McDonalds, the茶餐廳 is in the same building.  

Just voice out if any info you guys want to know.  Even I have lack of it...let's share loh  

31#
發表於 04-12-21 19:53 |只看該作者

I went to 襄陽 market with my HK friend last 2 weeks, I found most of their baby clothes are fake (e.g. Polo & Gap) However, the manufacturers do spend time & money to invest, including the hanging tags, price tags....  I found the good quality baby clothes in Shanghai are expensive, always over Rmb 150.  I was looking for down (or cotton padding) pants for my son, as his school is very cold.  I finally bought one from Mickey, approx. Rmb150.

During my last business trip in Hangzhou,  I bought him a 'silk cotton padding' jeans from the "Antique One Street", it costs only Rmb 48 and very good quality and warm.  

Interested in Cheongsam or custom-made clothes? My staff took me to an area with many fabric shops & tailors.  I made one, pick up next week. Will let you know if it is good.

32#
發表於 04-12-21 19:54 |只看該作者

33#
發表於 04-12-21 20:50 |只看該作者

I know the exact name of that shopping center for kidswear just opposite Times Square. It's name is " Hung Ngan Fashsion center. I also buy cloths for my son there. Really good quality . The exact address is no 10 Pui On St .

34#
發表於 04-12-22 13:14 |只看該作者

Actually 襄陽 is a fake stuff market.  In my experience, you have to check the thing you want to buy very clearly.  As I mentioned the chicco pajama, they mixed real & fake together.  Marked price is same.  Hence shopping there is quite tired.  

For me, because of  'Kam Lau Kum', I didn't buy that for fatty in SH.

35#
發表於 04-12-22 15:43 |只看該作者

Thank you to all of you for experience sharing.  

I am interested to visit the Fashion Center that was mentioned by 11月媽咪 and Angelachan although I have already bought quite enough clothes to my daughter after I came to Shanghai.  If the weather is fine during holiday, I will go there to have a look.

36#
發表於 04-12-22 16:26 |只看該作者

Hi Little wing
you may go to the shop C03 to have a look.I think the cloths in that shop are samples of exported stuff.So quite good quality and style.
But make sure there is no defect .     

37#
發表於 04-12-22 16:35 |只看該作者

I went to my son's school X'mas party, had lots of fun. They were dressing in Santa Claus costume, wearing deer horns on their little heads. Singing and dancing on the stage. They are so lovely and not afraid of the audiences. I guess more than 100 audiences.

He has coughed for a few days, I did not let him go to school on Monday, but he kept asking to go to school.  My mom said, if a little kid is asking for school, we - as parents should let him go, so I took him to school.  His teachers are really good, she called me twice to update on what has happened to him in the school.

I've found a new office/warehouse, signed the contract and will move in by end of the month!  It's near Heng Shan Road, not far from my son's school.  In case, my parents are not coming back, I will ask the schoolbus driver to send him to my office after school. Better than having ayi to take care of him.  I will setup a small bedroom for him and there's kitchen in the unit.

The property agent has introduced a house to me (near Heng Shan Road), it's G/F with front & back garden.  It's brand new.  The owner is asking for 18,000 /month. 3 bedrooms, about 140 sq meter (not including gardens).  I've seen the outside but worry that people can climb in..... not very safe to live on G/F, what you people think?  But it's good to have a garden for kid, they can play water during summer.

38#
發表於 04-12-22 17:54 |只看該作者

Hello both Karens,

just drop in to say Merry Christmas to you all and your little kids.  long time no chat!   i am still in HK and the issue of relocation is still on the table, so i guess i don't  exactly know when we will move ...

anyway, good to know that you are doing okay there.  hope to meet you guys again either in HK or SH.

39#
發表於 04-12-22 21:28 |只看該作者

Dear 11月媽媽,

Thanks for your advice.  I will go to 襄陽市場 to have a look.  I couldn't find any snow romper for 2 year old in HK.

Cheers,
Ada

40#
發表於 04-12-22 21:55 |只看該作者

Dear Critic,

I would like to buy a snow romper for my 2 year old boy for snow play in Japan in Feb, but I could not find a suitable one in HK.  I will come to Shanghai this weekend.  The clothes around HKD200 is fine to me.  Please suggest some good place.  Many thanks.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題