用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 St Mary & Logos, which one will you choose?
樓主: Roberta2000
go

St Mary & Logos, which one will you choose? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 04-11-16 11:07 |只看該作者

Re: St Mary & Logos, which one will you choose?

Actually I quite like a comment reported in the newspapers today (attributed to a principal of a primary school) - parents nowadays seem to be rather "poisoned" - they think that you can learn things by walking in the park (or something like that).  The point seems to be that parents nowadays all say that they want their kids to be "happy" but if you want your kids to be happy you might as well send them to a play group.  

22#
發表於 04-11-16 11:10 |只看該作者

which newspaper?
anxiousparent 寫道:
Actually I quite like a comment reported in the newspapers today (attributed to a principal of a primary school) - parents nowadays seem to be rather "poisoned" - they think that you can learn things by walking in the park (or something like that).  The point seems to be that parents nowadays all say that they want their kids to be "happy" but if you want your kids to be happy you might as well send them to a play group.  
[img align=right]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Bruceleehk.jpg[/img]

23#
發表於 04-11-16 11:14 |只看該作者

Roberta,
No body can change your third concern (girl school or co-ed school) but I can give you some comments for others.
My girl is in P2 now.  I don't think their homework is too much. If you really concentrate, 1-1.5 hour should be sufficient.  But you know, kids can't do it by themselves.   They have changed to active learning, more discussion, more group work.  They are happy, but frankly speaking, I don't feel the benefits when compare to traditional learning yet.  Most kids are always happy.
Their competition is really very great because most parents arrange additional tutor course for their kids.  But from next year, since they will be straight through to SMCC, I think pressure will be less.
One more good point, their test are not calculated to the exam, so you will know your weakness during the test and work harder during the exam.
My younger daughter will be going in 2006!!

24#
發表於 04-11-16 11:17 |只看該作者

Hong Kong Economic Times  "Ging Jai Yud Bo"

Enchante 寫道:
which newspaper? [quote]
anxiousparent 寫道:
[/quote]

25#
發表於 04-11-16 11:34 |只看該作者

anxiousparent,
I totally agree with you.
I always teach my kid that nothing is simple. However, the satisfaction will be double if you can achieve a non-simple objective.

26#
發表於 04-11-16 11:38 |只看該作者

St. Mary 今年開始係一條龍!

27#
發表於 04-11-16 11:43 |只看該作者

parents nowadays seem to be rather "poisoned" - they think that you can learn things by walking in the park (or something like that)

Why Not ???
But please don't walk at 大潭郊野公園

28#
發表於 04-11-16 12:20 |只看該作者

Well, I think the point of the writer (I have checked - he actually said "walking on the street" ("Harng gai")) is that parents nowdays seem obsessed with "O I want my kids to study happily without pressure"  "O they will have to suffer the pressure of life in their later years, why give them pressure when they are so young?"    So anyone who want their kids to work hard etc are branded as "high flyers" (in a perjorative way) or as placing unnecessary pressure on their kids.  

But the product of keeping kids away from pressure is that they do not know how to handle pressure.  It has been reported that students at HKU broke down in tears when they were told off by their lecturers or professors.  Parents run around looking for schools for their kids even at FORM 5  level.  No pressure on kids.  Want them to be happy.  

cow 寫道:
[quote]parents nowadays seem to be rather "poisoned" - they think that you can learn things by walking in the park (or something like that)

Why Not ???
But please don't walk at 大潭郊野公園[/quote]

29#
發表於 04-11-16 13:11 |只看該作者

I just have one thing to point out.  Studying in a traditional local/elite primary school DOES NOT necessary mean a unhappy childhood.  

My son and most of his classmates like to go to school and are all having fun in their traditional P.1 school lives.     

I do admit that kindergarten might be a different story.  

30#
發表於 04-11-16 13:56 |只看該作者

Is it a lot of homework or projects need to be done at St.Mary? If study in St.Mary right now e.g. P4 & P5, would it be also included in striaght through to SMCC ?

31#
發表於 04-11-16 14:22 |只看該作者

Thank you all moms. Your opinions are very valuable to me. I would carefully consider all pros and cons. Ai, it is difficult to be a parent in HK ....

32#
發表於 04-11-16 16:28 |只看該作者

wow, we can learn more more in 大潭郊野公園 rather than 'park' lah. right.
[img align=right]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Bruceleehk.jpg[/img]

33#
發表於 04-11-16 17:55 |只看該作者

What is the Chinese Name of LOGOS.......?
Please....

34#
發表於 04-11-17 00:03 |只看該作者

I will choose St. Mary even my kid is studying in Logos.

Hi Enchante,
為何自己孩子就讀真道,卻不選真道?
是否真道有些地方使妳失望?

多多指教!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題