密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 保良局蔡繼有學校 or 保良局陳守仁小學
樓主: sasayip
go

保良局蔡繼有學校 or 保良局陳守仁小學 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-10-27 16:31 |只看該作者
You made it sound like CKY parents can be worry-free about their children's study all the way to year 12.  Good for you if it is really the case.  

原帖由 kyliema2006 於 09-10-27 15:02 發表
這個理論我都是第一次聽到,很有趣。現時的教育制度,小三、小五的TSA,考中學又帶來一大堆煩惱,未必個個家長喜歡。您喜歡,我可恭喜你,因你可省回不少金錢。否則,就不會有那麼多的家長把子女送進收費高昂的私校又或者是國際學 ...

22#
發表於 09-10-27 16:46 |只看該作者
噢!教育孩子那會不費勁的,我教導孩子都嘔了很多桶血呢!要教導他減少文法錯漏、寫中文字的竅門、要求他做數學時頭腦要轉快些,要改善的地方真不少呢!祇不過是不需要為分數而嘔多兩桶血啫。

原帖由 gingerale 於 09-10-27 16:31 發表
You made it sound like CKY parents can be worry-free about their children's study all the way to year 12.  Good for you if it is really the case.  

23#
發表於 09-10-27 17:35 |只看該作者
嘩~呢邊好熱鬧啊~~~!

首先申報利益,我是CKY小六學生家長,來自「中中地」的中產,每年交$73480 x 7 = 總共$514,360IB中學學費),夫妻都不是公務員,故此是真金白銀交學費,負擔都幾重。

有關CKYTL的討論,經常都見到,今次都算幾激烈喎~~

其實,兩間學校所行的制度不同,誰優誰次,worth it or not?真是見人見智,很視乎家長的preference,也視乎學生的本質,適合那一類的學校。任何學校都有出色的學生,也有成績不好的學生,實在難以比較,也沒有必要比較。

CKY的家長,相信大多和我一樣,年少時身受傳統教學之苦,又對現時政府教育制度投以不信任的一票,但又不想孩子進了國際學校而失去母語,卻又想孩子學好普遍話,而CKY正好是一個niche,符合我們的需要。

我曾在兩個暑假帶孩子去美加遊學(當時是升四年和升六年級),基本上,我孩子英語能力和社交能力良好,和彼岸的「竹升」契女、姪兒姪女、甚至「三唔識七」餐廳鄰座的人都可以有講有笑;又在四年和五年級時跟CKY去北京和台灣遊學,他和所有同學的普通話流利非常,個個都有份在台上做presentation,和對方學生即興做drama,絕對一讚!

既見成效,我自然覺得值啦~~

當然,如果我當日把孩子放入TSL,也有可能得到相同成績
正如,如果把TSL學生放入CKY,亦都有可能,他/她的成績會差左
因為CKY的教學模式,又未必適合所有小朋友
每年都有CKY學生退學,也不是沒有理由的

CKY六年級升七年級,是轉校的高峰期
很多家長安排小朋友報考政府中學 (省錢),因為中英文良好,都得到不錯的選擇
而我,卻打算繼續「供會」
因為,「讀得好地地,為乜要冒險?」

[ 本帖最後由 kunggi201 於 09-10-28 09:26 編輯 ]

24#
發表於 09-10-27 17:56 |只看該作者
原帖由 kyliema2006 於 09-10-27 12:34 發表
That's good!  我不敢評論哪間學校的學生較有優勢,因為每種學校或每種教育制度都能培養出尖子,問題是你適合哪種,或你有選擇權嗎!

我祇知道蔡繼有適合我及小兒,因我不喜歡香港的教育制度,甚麼334, TXX好像很惱人的,而孩子喜 ...

[ 本帖最後由 sweetyboy 於 09-10-27 17:57 編輯 ]

25#
發表於 09-10-27 23:16 |只看該作者
原帖由 gingerale 於 09-10-27 12:15 發表
"但是我換來是孩子的語文能力,英文可能没有國際學校養成的特別口音,但中文可媲美本地學校,普通話更是心服口服,又會自動自覺閱讀"

By the way, as a TSL parent, I also find the same qualities which you described ab ...

I don't mean to compare two schools, but I have a question - many TSL students can speak fluent PTH?  

How many PTH lessons per week? do students use PTH to communicate in school? Is it limited to those students coming from native PTH families?

Someone in the thread said the TSL also teaches Japanes and French, so every kid can speak multi-language very fluently? or these are just "interested group lessons"?

BTW, other than English and Cantonese, what language your kid can speak, I mean "fluently"?

26#
發表於 09-10-28 00:35 |只看該作者
原帖由 flostangraphy 於 09-10-27 11:49 發表
i'm however not sure that TSL only concern english environment within their curriculum...
i find that they are well balanced between Creative, Cultural, Sports and Communication activities. and if yo ...

Hi flostangraphy,

I didn't even notice your reply until just now.  

Let me be frank with you.  TSL was on top of my priority list to begin with.  But I was really disappointed with what I heard at the briefing session and the interview.

I personally know a graduate from TSL.  I also have gone through a lot of threads about TSL, and am really grateful for all the parents' info.

I have my reasons for applying for TSL.  But in the end, I will choose another school instead, which I think would be more suitable for my daughter.  No matter how good a school is, it's the suitable one for our children that counts.

So I guess our children won't be classmates.  Somehow I have the feeling that your son will go to TSL.  After all, you are the e-Professor!

27#
發表於 09-10-28 03:25 |只看該作者
原帖由 kyliema2006 於 09-10-27 16:46 發表
噢!教育孩子那會不費勁的,我教導孩子都嘔了很多桶血呢!要教導他減少文法錯漏、寫中文字的竅門、要求他做數學時頭腦要轉快些,要改善的地方真不少呢!祇不過是不需要為分數而嘔多兩桶血啫。

The world is beautiful if no pressure in school.  And parent have more quality moment with their kid during weekend..:idea:

28#
發表於 09-10-28 04:51 |只看該作者
Eery year, parents compare the two. One is IB private with own curriculum. TSL is DSS with totally local curriculum . How can you compare ? Yes, I am  TSL parents. Yes, it uses very traditional way to teach just like other many schools. It is fine with me.

The most kids speak Pth as all Chinese are PTH. And when I send her to the USA every summuar. I did not find any different. She just play and play everythin adn watch Niconodleon

quote]原帖由 kunggi201 於 09-10-27 17:35 發表
嘩~呢邊好熱鬧啊~~~!

首先申報利益,我是CKY小六學生家長,來自「中中地」的中產,每年交$73480 x 7年 = 總共$514,360(IB中學學費),夫妻都不是公務員,故此是真金白銀交學費,負擔都幾重。

有關CKY和TSA的討論,經常都見到,今次都算幾 ... [/quote]

29#
發表於 09-10-28 08:30 |只看該作者
I don't know about most TSL students, but my children and their friends are very proficient in both PTH and English for their ages.
FYI,  starting from P2, all chinese lessons are taught in PTH. Also, Japanese and French are taught in regular classes.  Non-chinese students take French as a major language subject.  For Chinese students, I have to admit that they don't master French or Japanese proficiently, but the training is definitely more than one would expect for interest classes.  
As to what languages students use to talk to each other outside the classrooms, it is impossible to force them not to use Cantonese.  Is it possible at CKY?  It has to occur naturally.  TSL students are "forced" to speak English all the time to students who don't speak Chinese.  Actually our kids were complained by teachers that they chatted too much during class with some non-chinese students when they were in P1.
Anyhow, I would not be surprised if it is really true that CKY students have better language abilities than TSL students in general, otherwise, why paying 4 times more school fee?

原帖由 jojoma2009 於 09-10-27 23:16 發表

I don't mean to compare two schools, but I have a question - many TSL students can speak fluent PTH?  

How many PTH lessons per week? do students use PTH to communicate in school? Is it limited to  ...

[ 本帖最後由 gingerale 於 09-10-28 09:57 編輯 ]

30#
發表於 09-10-28 10:23 |只看該作者
dear rachncurtsmom,
good luck to your daughter for whichever school she will be in!!
i personally didn't attend the briefing session, we have being to the open these 2 years to chat with the teachers and parents instead.
still, i'm happy for your sharing even our children won't be classmate.
did your daughter get an offer from a school already?
bon courage!!

原帖由 rachncurtsmom 於 28/10/2009 00:35 發表

Hi flostangraphy,

I didn't even notice your reply until just now.  

Let me be frank with you.  TSL was on top of my priority list to begin with.  But I was really disappointed with what I ...
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

31#
發表於 09-10-28 10:26 |只看該作者
學習語言最有效的方法就是語境,而TSL的優勢就是夠國際化,這比其它的本地學校已經較優了,加上其學費吸引,所以都不失為一間語文較佳的學校。

至於蔡繼有的高昂學費,除了支付其校舍的開支、學制的支出、其師資的費用也不輕,大多數的老師要能掌流利(native)PTH或英語,其支出實在不輕。供股人仕要花數十萬元教育費,若發現貨不對辦,相信不需等到熟回期,大多數股民已經退股了,消費者不是盲目的。

P.S. 其實我數年前都為孩子考過TSL,當時老師以英語向家長解說面試流程,當時的感覺是怪怪的,發覺這未必是我杯茶,這純粹個人感受,亦未必代表教師質素有問題,祇是一種感覺而矣。

原帖由 gingerale 於 09-10-28 08:30 發表
I don't know about most TSL students, but my children and their friends are very proficient in both PTH and English for their ages.
FYI,  starting from P2, all chinese lessons are taught in PTH. Also ...

32#
發表於 09-10-28 10:51 |只看該作者
Wow, 真是精彩的一輪Debate, 我只是路過, 對這標題實在有興趣, 因 為 my son will have 2nd interview in CKY this Saturday, and am waiting for TSL 2nd interview notice, actually both schools are good.

Thanks for all parents' opinion! :loveliness:

33#
發表於 09-10-28 10:58 |只看該作者
uh??? i thought 蔡繼有should take one year earlier?
your son should apply last year cky or this year tsl, correct me if i am wrong.

原帖由 heison 於 28/10/2009 10:51 發表
Wow, 真是精彩的一輪Debate, 我只是路過, 對這標題實在有興趣, 因 為 my son will have 2nd interview in CKY this Saturday, and am waiting for TSL 2nd interview notice, actually both schools are good.

Than ...
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

醒目開學勳章

34#
發表於 09-10-28 11:53 |只看該作者
原帖由 flostangraphy 於 09-10-28 10:58 發表
uh??? i thought 蔡繼有should take one year earlier?
your son should apply last year cky or this year tsl, correct me if i am wrong.

No, both schools start at age 6

35#
發表於 09-10-28 12:46 |只看該作者
oh, i see. thanks for clarify!

原帖由 googoo 於 28/10/2009 11:53 發表

No, both schools start at age 6
    -Steve Jobs-

36#
發表於 09-10-28 22:50 |只看該作者
Hi Kunggi,
請問知否六年級後, 通常會轉去那類型本地中學, 能夠涵接嗎?

CKY六年級升七年級,是轉校的高峰期
很多家長安排小朋友報考政府中學 (省錢),因為中英文良好,都得到不錯的選擇
而我,卻打算繼續「供會」
因為,「讀得好地地,為乜要冒險?」

原帖由 kunggi201 於 09-10-27 17:35 發表
嘩~呢邊好熱鬧啊~~~!

首先申報利益,我是CKY小六學生家長,來自「中中地」的中產,每年交$73480 x 7年 = 總共$514,360(IB中學學費),夫妻都不是公務員,故此是真金白銀交學費,負擔都幾重。

有關CKY和TL的討論,經常都見到,今次都算幾激 ...

37#
發表於 09-10-29 11:41 |只看該作者
原帖由 TszYingMama 於 09-10-28 22:50 發表
Hi Kunggi,
請問知否六年級後, 通常會轉去那類型本地中學, 能夠涵接嗎?..

我是在最近遇到一位七年級家長,閒談時得知
照她所說,她兒子在六年升七年級時,大約兩、三成同學轉回政府中學
而她的exact wordings是:「佢地都考得幾好架!」
要知道,CKY家長都是中產,對學校的要求也頗高
如果不是好學校,也不會為了省錢而轉校吧

由於我無意為孩子轉校,也沒有細問是那類型本地中學
就算問,也只局限於該家長圈子而矣
至於能否涵接,我相信是沒有問題
保良局所有學校,以至不少政府學校、私校,國際學校都有參加International Assessment for SchoolsCKY學生的成績是絕對可以肯定
語言能力好,吸收能力強,相信他們很快便會適應

其實,說來說去,報讀本地學校或IB學校
是視乎大家信任那一項教育制度
中間又泛及金錢問題

簡單來說,如果本地直資學校和IB學校的學費相同
你又會選蔡繼有,還是陳守仁?

像我夫妻,因為我們的背景、過往曾在不同教育制度下求學過
是比較接受IB,覺得孩子比較適合IB,故此為孩子朝這方向鋪路
既然有了心儀學校,為了孩子,即使付出四倍學費,也覺得值得

本地學校有本地學校的好處
香港有不少揚威海外的名人、科學家等
有些是土生土長在香港學校受教育
也有些是在香港讀書不成,到了外國才知「非池中物」
選甚麼學校,真是要視乎孩子的本質

38#
發表於 09-10-29 14:50 |只看該作者
兩、三同學,數目不少喎!我認識有一位讀完Yr 6後轉到沙官。

原帖由 kunggi201 於 09-10-29 11:41 發表

我是在最近遇到一位七年級家長,閒談時得知
照她所說,她兒子在六年升七年級時,大約兩、三成同學轉回政府中學
而她的exact wordings是:「佢地都考得幾好架!」
要知道,CKY家長都是中產,對學校的要求也頗高
如果不是好學校,也 ...

39#
發表於 09-10-29 15:06 |只看該作者
真熱鬧,又是保良內訌

相信看這個主題的都是這兩所學校的家長或希望入這兩所學校的家長.試問從前你們的首選是否它呢?我就不是,我的首選是DXX或者是一間大抽獎中的名校,後者是又唔駛錢又有相信是好教育...有好選擇邊個想俾錢讀啊.

說到邊間好些,年年不同,從前可能話TSL好,我好相信,魚池少,當多了一些私校或直資,它們有新的理念,好多小朋友/家長就被吸引到那邊,自然魚就游去好住的地方.有學校做得更好,自然以後冇人提TSL/CKY.當一群好的小朋友集在一起,自然引發學習氣氛,再加上資源上的好供應(老師/或家中無限的$...課外學習),一間好學校就由此來.試想想,是否你們的小朋友比DXX差呢?或者DXX老師教得好些呢?(當然可能是)但當一班精英集在一起,自然跟不上就要走,或者拼命地追.(感染)

CKY現在還可以,但當學校忘掉堅持的信念,或者理行持續現行的政策,那就...當環境跟不上其它學校,魚自然會游走...所有學校包括TSL/CKY都會或者已experience過.

點解有些TSL/CKY's top student 要走去聖la拔,有些CKY中學生要轉校呢?有更適合的選擇.可能學夠中文/學費問題....

不如數吓有咩唔好的地方,叫自己學校改善更有好處啦.

[ 本帖最後由 15分 於 09-10-29 15:25 編輯 ]
[img align=left]http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/4_17_10.gif[/img][/img][/quote]

40#
發表於 09-10-29 17:23 |只看該作者
"叫自己學校改善更有好處啦",
自己學校.... 你意思是現在讀緊的kindergarten??!!

原帖由 15分 於 29/10/2009 15:06 發表
真熱鬧,又是保良內訌

相信看這個主題的都是這兩所學校的家長或希望入這兩所學校的家長.試問從前你們的首選是否它呢?我就不是,我的首選是DXX或者是一間大抽獎中的名校,後者是又唔駛錢又有相信是好教育...有好選擇邊 ...
    -Steve Jobs-
‹ 上一主題|下一主題