搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 HKUGA & HONWAH
查看: 32844|回覆: 245
go

HKUGA & HONWAH [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-10-22 18:50 |只看該作者

HKUGA & HONWAH

My daughter had interview At HKUGA on Sat.
She said :for the story part, teacher told the story and said they don't need to put up hands.
Everyone had the chance to answer question.
Every group was not the same?

My daughter played football as she said other toys were taken and there's no choice. She said she put the toys back. She did read the English & Chinese book.
She said some words she didn't know and that not important...she continued herself.She also read chinese book.
But actually she had another interview at 漢華小學, she said "the teachers seem to be so friendly."
But she didn't say anything after the interview at HKUGA.
If there are more applicants at HON WAH, I'll choose that school. It seems that the school is quite good.
and at least the competition is fewer. Now , over 1000, How can my daughter be selected?
Very well language environment(Eng & PTH)
Phonics in the curriculum,
well trained on MATHS.
小班教學

But ...........it seems that very few parents are interested , why?

2#
發表於 06-10-22 20:19 |只看該作者

Re: HKUGA & HONWAH

HKUGA IS A FAMOUS SCHOOL, AND HON WAH I THING IF U APPLY CAN GET THE SEAT, HON WAH IS GOOD BILI LANGUAGE ENVIRONMENT ,CHEAP SCHOOL FEE,PRINICIPAL IS VICTORIA PRIMARY SCHOOL HEAD TEACHER SWAB TO BE A PRINCIPAL ,I THINK IT'S GOOD CAN APPLY IB PROGRAM .BUT THE SECONDARY SCHOOL MAY BE NOT GOOD ENOUGH

3#
發表於 06-10-22 20:51 |只看該作者

I THINK IT'S GOOD CAN APPLY IB PROGRAM

Do u mena that hon wah has IB PROGRAM?
I'm also thinking of .....
but actually the school curriculum is very ok.
Only problem is not too popular, but if we didn't do the first one , no  one will change their mind.

Didu go to Hon Wah?

4#
發表於 06-10-22 22:30 |只看該作者

no they just impact the IB spirit,but EMB

5#
發表於 06-10-23 11:06 |只看該作者

the environment is good ,facilit well also,
u can guess little student can use most facility and area and staff concern them more, fees are low,
so quite good gar, but i move already from IR and I find the good school for my son already

6#
發表於 06-10-23 11:22 |只看該作者

感覺左派背景太重!, but just my comment only.

7#
發表於 06-10-23 12:04 |只看該作者

在港島區的直資學校,除了三間聖保羅外,就有 2002 年創校的 HKUGA ,所以近年競爭很大!不過今年的校長宣布辭職,現由副校長出任,認識同大

8#
發表於 06-10-23 14:27 |只看該作者

我的小朋友在星期六面試後好開心,說老師稱讚她。
說老師們好似好好人,我好suprised小朋友會自己這樣說。
但我憂心學校太小小朋友︿老師會否投入教學,現況如何?
我住在南區,擔心車程太遠,小朋友坐校車時間怎樣?
學校中英普文現在學些什麼?
有否額外活動?
希望知道更多實際情況。

謝謝   

9#
發表於 06-10-23 15:30 |只看該作者

家住上環,上校車是 7:25 am〔由於小學新辦,上環區祇有我家小朋友〕,如果跟小學車,要很早上車,所以小朋友跟中學車,上車時間可以遲些!每日都有中〔普通話〕、英〔外藉老師〕、數,另有通識〔三堂中、三堂英〕,音樂、體育和普通話…。課外活動有樂器和跆拳道,合唱團!

10#
發表於 06-10-23 22:09 |只看該作者

Dear Macrofung

小朋友上學學了什麼?最重要是小朋友開心嗎?
學校有否多元化的學習活動?
語言環境能否適應,會否談學校的事,家校/溝通合作有沒有?
我都希望小朋友可以學好language,我知一般津小很難,你對在honwah就讀有何意見?

MarcoFung 寫道:
家住上環,上校車是 7:25 am〔由於小學新辦,上環區祇有我家小朋友〕,如果跟小學車,要很早上車,所以小朋友跟中學車,上車時間可以遲些!每日都有中〔普通話〕、英〔外藉老師〕、數,另有通識〔三堂中、三堂英〕,音樂、體育和普通話…。課外活動有樂器和跆拳道,合唱團!

11#
發表於 06-10-23 23:16 |只看該作者

Dear MarcoFung,
Does Hon Wan use English in Math or Chinese?
Thanks

MarcoFung 寫道:
愛一個人的優點而誠心接納他全部的缺點,就是婚姻最偉大的地方。

12#
發表於 06-10-24 09:41 |只看該作者

Chinese—普通話

Maths—暫時見是中文

英文、通識〔一星期六節、三節英文〕

最初得知是學校是以英文和普通話教授,可能小一生末能全用普通話,例如:小兒在幼稚園時,沒有正式學普通話,祇參加過普通話唱遊,所以九月份上中文課不大開心,我有些擔心,怕他追不上,曾經想找一位普通話老師在星期六專人教授,於是向班主任查詢,因為我和老公都不會說普通話,老師說小朋友是明白上課時的指示,祇是不大願意主動說話,遲些可以上網聽普通話課文,所以決定遲些再考慮,但到了現在,小兒開始主動用普通話唸課文,這點是最明顯,在上星期普通話讀課文評估,得 14/15 ,評語是叫小朋友需要自然些,真的感到有點安慰!

13#
發表於 06-10-24 10:20 |只看該作者

10 月份開始明顯主動用普通話讀課文,由於學校沒有默書,我自己要求他每一課中文學完,都要唸熟,現在暫時自己主動完成第四、五課〔第一至三課是我和他一起唸的〕,不過第四、五課,我都識唸,在平時,我會在談話時問下他!小朋友比 9 月份開心和適應,學校逢星期二〔樂器〕和星期四〔跆拳道〕下午有全方位學習,小朋友選了學單黃管,另外,還有音樂堂、音樂〔唱歌〕、體育堂和上圖書館堂〔分中、英文〕,在 10 月份開始,有閱讀計劃紀錄。
我有朋友有小朋友今年亦讀了中西區著名津貼小學,眼見最明顯是由九月尾開始,已經每星期中、英文都要默書,英文堂一星期祇有兩、三堂外藉老師,其餘是其他老師,小朋友末能適應全用英文上堂,無心機上堂,唔鍾意上英文堂,時時被罰企出課室外!暫時漢華,小兒日日見 Mr. Mason,喜歡上英文堂!有會開,遲些再談!

14#
發表於 06-10-24 11:40 |只看該作者

Hi Macro,

她說的'正面'是甚麼意思呢? 你覺得現在漢華又如何? 是不覺有左派氣氛, 還是覺得有左派氣氛更好呢? 其實本人覺得愛國教育當然值得推行, 但'左派'又好像自動認同了共產黨, 會不會少了獨立思考呢?

曾詢問另一朋友,她的小朋友現就讀沙田培僑書院小三,這個左派氣氛問題,她的意見正面!
:-D

15#
發表於 06-10-24 12:46 |只看該作者

正面意思是我朋友的女兒讀大圍培僑書院,感受沒有左派氣氛,似國際學校!我最初選校面試到現在,不覺有左派氣氛,在課程上,中、英,數有書本作業,日常有 worksheet做,通識課程是學校老師 tailor made做的工作紙,沒有死讀、死唸,需要小朋友思考!其實我是有些擔心,因為我見讀其他學校的小朋友,已經默書,考試,漢華祇要求小朋友每天都要閱讀,沒有默書和考試,小一祇有持續性評估!是否很矛盾?

16#
發表於 06-10-24 13:22 |只看該作者

Hi Marco Fung

I also apply Honwah.  Have you think about the secondary school?  I have asked the secondary vice principal.  He said the school has no plan to change to English secondary.  I worry that  the school has less competitive advantage in public examination.  

I just want to know more opinion as the interview result will be announed within these two days.

Thanks.

Grace Lee

17#
發表於 06-10-24 14:04 |只看該作者

我有考慮中學問題,週圍問人,曾經聽過資料有:-  青蓮台Hon Wah Secondary 成績不大好,但校風好、中文水准相當高,學生多入中文大學…!同時在中西區日常都留意漢華學生〔自從有了小朋友後,就時常留意各學生的行為…〕,我亦考慮現在漢華教育機構決定籌建新校舍,Hon Wah College 資源較以前豐富,由小一開始用普通話和英語教學,這一批小學生的水准理應較好,加上我開始接觸舊中學的老師和現在新小學老師,和新校舍落成,覺得 ok !不過我會留意學校的情況和小朋友的進度,覺得需要補底就補低,現在在小一不需要默書和考試,我會著重教育小朋友的學習態度、獨立開心!希望兒子自動自覺做事讀書!小學六年,香港教育變數大,祇可以隨機變化,隨心自在,隨緣生活,我唯有兩手準備,貯備銀兩,以便兒子較多選擇!

18#
發表於 06-10-24 18:03 |只看該作者

Hi! MacroFung,

Many thanks for your information. The school said that Mon, Wed & Fri are English Days.  Tue & Thur are Mandarin Days.  Do you know that this can carry out smothly?

In fact, we like Hon Wah.  However, we have the concern if Hon Wah Primary School can survive under the circumstance of few applicants and the quality of Secondary School.

Please keep us informed of anything regarding Hon Wah.

19#
發表於 06-10-24 22:49 |只看該作者

Hi every mummy,
First of all, thanks Macrofung for sharing.
I also feel good about HonWah.
It is so good that , although this year's applicants are not too many, we can still share things here.

The principal said that next year, other eng teacher will cooperate with mr.mason in teaching english.
Is that right?
Will the school employ native speaking in English & Putonghua? I think that is very important.
Today I phoned to HonWah, and ask about the result,the miss said that they posted the letter yesterday night. so we must wait a few days more.
Every mummy, Please keep contact.
Grace

20#
發表於 06-10-25 09:07 |只看該作者

我知道全校每星期有普通話和英文日,因小兒是一個有性格的小朋友,他通常沒說什麼,要技巧查詢,不過他在家自己多說了普通話,喜歡上英文堂!遲些聽講座,我會打聽!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題