該用戶已被刪除

1#
發表於 06-6-12 10:08 |只看該作者

保良局蔡繼有 vs 優才

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

2#
發表於 06-6-12 10:19 |只看該作者

Re: 保良局蔡繼有 vs 優才

CKY - system more like international school and will take IGCSE and IB in future, more suitable for preparing to study aboard

GTS - system more similar to local school and expect to fit into local exam and universities

Depends what you like.

3#
發表於 06-6-12 14:25 |只看該作者

Dear M&Mmother,

I didn't apply for GT for my daughter so cannot give any idea. I can share my experience in choosing PKC, Wong Kam Fai and CKY. All of them are of same style(as they claim, Mandarin and English).

PKC- much cheaper, no record, Mandarin good, English still need observe, Admin. very strong since they put lots of material on web well before they start the school. Very likely they will not take IB since it is a very expensive system(if they branch out a stream taking IB, student not in that class will be labelled). In conclusion, student will enter back to traditional system when they are in P4 onwards, I guess.

Wong Kam Fai- Support by HKBU, will not take IB(very likely since student will need to path to HKBU). English should not be problem but don't expect all are NET. Mandarin I expect middle. School fee in between. No pass record and admin. seems not well prepared since their recruitment still going on. Hardware almost finished. Also will back to traditional system from P4 onwards (I guess) in order to have brand name.

CKY - Operate for several years, Mandarin and English(by NET) at least I satisfied (but don't expect all student will speak English during recess). Student will not afraid of foreigners. Will need to move out and in the existing campus for two years duration. School fee most expensive among them and even more on grade 6 onwards. They will and must take IBD in future(student will not enter F1 allocation process and no HKCEE). Admin still need to improve.

That my comments and you can choose by yourself as depending on individual background and the character of your child.

Thanks

4#
發表於 06-6-12 14:59 |只看該作者

father_ho,

You have talked about those new schools with similar approach.  How about the new Creative secondary school?  They are one-dragon with Creative primary and will implement MYP and IBD in secondary, fee is lower than CKY and they have new campus as well.  Do you think CKY is better than Creative?

Thanks.

5#
發表於 06-6-12 15:17 |只看該作者

Dear WYmom,

As refer to EMB's primary web, Creative already charged $59,950 per year for primary which still higher than 4200*11= $46200 of CKY in primary and they only employed 6 NET. I will not say that CKY is better than Creative since I didn't study this school.

Also, I want to say taking IB (no matter MYP or just IBD) does not ensure students to be smart, it just the assessment scheme is different and I buy that kind of evaulation on top of their language skill. For those parent considering these kind of schools, please be awared.

Thanks,

6#
發表於 06-6-12 15:35 |只看該作者

father_ho,

Thanks for your advice.  Though Creative primary is more expensive than CKY, but Creative secondary is DSS and will charge only $45000 per year while CKY is private and will charge $63800 per year.  Creative secondary in fact get more resources as they get subsidies from govt.

Of course IB won't guarantee smart kids, and IB may even be more difficult for local kids if their English is not good enough.  So has to consider a lot before joining IB schools.  Creative offers an exit to HK local exam system at F.3, but CKY's exit is IGCSE at F.5, and no way back to the local system.  So this is something worth to be considered.  I am also  

7#
發表於 06-6-12 15:56 |只看該作者

Dear WY,

I just check through Creative secondary from web. If I were you, I will not feel difficult to choose. Although Creative has an exit point at the end of F3, I doubt how many student will take it since the training is different from traditional one and that student taking this way out will find it very difficult to race back and compete with the local  examination machine in two year's time. That's why as I said before once you play this game, it is no or very difficult way back until U level. I also doubt if all the student in Creative F4 choose IB, how can they report to EMB as an DSS.

If evaluate from school fee, it is of course an advantage for Creative secondary, may be you can take CKY primary and switch to Creative secondary.

Thanks,

8#
發表於 06-6-12 22:19 |只看該作者

Hi father_ho,
Do u know the school fee of F.6/7 of CKY? I've heard that IBD is an expensive programme!
桐桐於9月20日出世 歡迎參觀桐桐的網頁

9#
發表於 06-6-12 22:36 |只看該作者

Dear Father Ho,

Really thanks for your details explanation,
Are you child study at CKY ?

By the way, what is the chinese school for Creative secondary ?

Moreover, since CKY can't confirm that school fee
for secondary School, even this is a quite good school, I'm worry that the school fee will over 7k per month or more, to be honest, it's quite expensive, do you think so ?

10#
發表於 06-6-12 22:49 |只看該作者

Dear Heimother,

My son is studying in the school and my daughter will enter it in the coming Sept.. As from last sat.'s school briefing, secondary school will charge at $5800 per month for 11 instalment and still no information on the two years of IBD. You can expect either the same price or more, I think their price will consider many factors before setting it.

Thanks,

該用戶已被刪除

11#
發表於 06-6-12 23:21 |只看該作者

12#
發表於 06-6-12 23:40 |只看該作者

Dear M&M,

I cannot answer you whether his english had improved a lot or not, what I can say is he still has the interest to read the reader and their (both my kids) pronunication is much better than me that I didn't come across in local school's student. But don't expect their writing(grammer) too much on P3 or below.

Thanks,

13#
發表於 06-6-13 06:59 |只看該作者

father_ho,

I understand how English is taught in CKY.
May I know how CKY primary teach Chinese and Maths?  Do they use text books like local schools?  Do the students write a lot in Chinese and practise a lot in Maths?

Many thanks.
該用戶已被刪除

14#
發表於 06-6-13 10:00 |只看該作者

15#
發表於 06-6-13 10:23 |只看該作者

Can you tell me what is the full name of "KC"? LUI LUI
該用戶已被刪除

16#
發表於 06-6-13 10:33 |只看該作者

該用戶已被刪除

17#
發表於 06-6-13 10:35 |只看該作者

18#
發表於 06-6-13 11:07 |只看該作者

明天要帶小女考保良局王錦輝小二插班試.  有冇家長知道考D甚麼?

19#
發表於 06-6-13 11:15 |只看該作者

There is a topic for this school, you can go there
for details.

20#
發表於 06-6-13 12:03 |只看該作者

Dear M&M,

Here is a description on DSS from EMB and that's why I said Creative will have problem when all the student opt. for IB. Creative Primary = 啟思小學

http://www.emb.gov.hk/index.aspx?nodeid=1475&langno=1

Dear WYmom,

CKY still use textbook for Chinese and English math. For Chinese, they emphasis on dismantle of Chinese character and origin of character in P1-2. P3 onwards just reading, understanding and writing. P1 they use Cantonese to teach Chinese, only Mandarin class use Mandarin(that's I don't like). From P2 onwards, all use Mandarin except moral education. For Math., the school is not pushing the student to cal. fast but rather emphasis on the understanding of physical meaning.
You will not feel they push your kids to practise mechanically. Just an example, now they are taking exam.(assessment), my son last night still watching cartoon and practise Chinese song(Yam Kam Fai song) until eleven pm.
Hope this clarify your concern.
Thanks,
‹ 上一主題|下一主題