搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 unexpected results in SC?
查看: 6014|回覆: 52
go

unexpected results in SC? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-11-28 22:06 |只看該作者

unexpected results in SC?

It seems that this year results are more unexpeted than last year...

many cases are:
kids can answer all questions and have happy interviews, finally got waiting list.. including my son..

many cases also are :
good family background .. kids can answer questions but waiting lists.

many cases are :
the kids didn't perform very well, but accepted.
even though the didn't say a word, or cry..

i really don't understand why... it is really a secret !

2#
發表於 05-11-28 22:12 |只看該作者

Re: unexpected results in SC?

haha..... maybe sc uses "random" method... ,Really, I feel very downnnnnnn in this two days after I knew my gal got waiting list.    .... she really did very well ! Maybe my background is not good enough that make this result.   
monmantong 寫道:
It seems that this year results are more unexpeted than last year...

many cases are:
kids can answer all questions and have happy interviews, finally got waiting list.. including my son..

many cases also are :
good family background .. kids can answer questions but waiting lists.

many cases are :
the kids didn't perform very well, but accepted.
even though the didn't say a word, or cry..

i really don't understand why... it is really a secret !
;-) :-o 8-) :-? :-P :-x

3#
發表於 05-11-28 23:41 |只看該作者

Dears

there is no secret, Assume you were running SC. how you decide to select your student. ?

Filtering good student from interview.

then next what do you do?  SC has it's coach bus. K3 will be gone , K1 will join, if you pay attention, SC application form did ask you whether you join and which route you choose.

so , if your child did well and still in waiting list, that means the bus route in your selection is full in the next coming year.  

i think that explain what you call [secret]...

so chance are there, if you know your neighbour give up on SC, you chance will be bigger.

cheers.

4#
發表於 05-11-28 23:46 |只看該作者

i don't think it is relative to School bus..
i did full in the school bus.

Dearsthere is no secret, Assume you were running SC. how you decide to select your student. ?

then next what do you do? SC has it's coach bus. K3 will be gone , K1 will join, if you pay attention, SC application form did ask you whether you join and which route you choose.

so , if your child did well and still in waiting list, that means the bus route in your selection is full in the next coming year.

so chance are there, if you know your neighbour give up on SC, you chance will be bigger.

cheers.

5#
發表於 05-11-28 23:48 |只看該作者

related to school bus???/   
eslife 寫道:
Dears

there is no secret, Assume you were running SC. how you decide to select your student. ?

then next what do you do?  SC has it's coach bus. K3 will be gone , K1 will join, if you pay attention, SC application form did ask you whether you join and which route you choose.

cheers.

6#
發表於 05-11-28 23:57 |只看該作者

我填form時係寫自己私家車接送, 不過1st choice - am & 雅息士道 (有車位), 但一樣 waiting, 阿囡表現都好好, 全部做哂, 仲唱歌比老師聽, 不過就細聲, 你估係咪細聲, 怕羞, 所以waiting...

我想問你

7#
發表於 05-11-29 00:03 |只看該作者

Hi, eslife

You tell the secret.  I share the same views.  School bus service is also a way of profit- making.

eslife 寫道:
Dears

cheers.

醒目開學勳章

8#
發表於 05-11-29 00:06 |只看該作者

monmantong,

果日Matthew做到所有佢的要求,而本人及老公背景又不是好好,結果是收左佢am class我都覺得有d意外因為相信有好多人好過佢.

9#
發表於 05-11-29 00:20 |只看該作者

bbmummmy,
我封信都係pm waiting list,我諗全部waiting都會係pm,咁多pm都想轉am,如果am有位輪到pm先都未俾到我哋啦。
仲有出面咁多褓姆車,唔駛一定搭校車架,如果用這個嚟做收生準則,咁就對我哋實在太唔公平喇!白費晒我哋d家長同小朋友嘅努力:evil:  :evil:

[quote]
bbmummmy 寫道:
我填form時係寫自己私家車接送, 不過1st choice - am & 雅息士道 (有車位), 但一樣 waiting, 阿囡表現都好好, 全部做哂, 仲唱歌比老師聽, 不過就細聲, 你估係咪細聲, 怕羞, 所以waiting...

我想問你

10#
發表於 05-11-29 01:04 |只看該作者

Dears

con't

well,  Child performance does matter and it generate the sequence to class   > am .. .> pm..  

bus route is just a logical guess. if taking one student that can make even a bus route, why  bother to let you [drive in] ??

in view of this forum, quite alot of kids have both KV & SC accepted, if you know what coach number they selected, it will give you some hints , how likely your waiting list will be...

11#
發表於 05-11-29 01:09 |只看該作者

eslife,

so, you mean better students are selected to be in am and others in pm?

12#
發表於 05-11-29 01:23 |只看該作者

wow, if school bus route is one of the selection factors, what a stupid school it is.

To me, no big deal that SC don't accept my kid (as she's on waiting list). Anyway I got a bad impression of it after the interview as I wrote it before in other forum topic about SC. Also, i really have a great question mark in my mind that are all 600+ kids they accepted can be taught well. Though its kids may have a better chance to those famous primary schools, does it mean all 600 students can be guaranteed for a good offer? Remember those advertisements of tutorial classes given to you outside SC on interview day? Does it mean SC students are their major clients as they know SC parents want their kids to be more competitive in school & thus give them extra tutorials???

Hey, SC is not the only good school. Besides, "Famous" not necessarily means "good & right for your kid"

Dear Parents, be rational to choose the right school for your kids!  It's not the end of the world being rejected by SC.

13#
發表於 05-11-29 12:25 |只看該作者

My baby is also accepted. But I don't think it's that big a deal as I also agree there are other good schools too and there is one that I liek much better than SC. Also, I think the results of both Kentville and SC are quite ridiculous as I know children who did quite poorly are accepted by both schools, am classes too.  I believe a lot of it is luck so if your kids can't get into Kentville or SC, it means absolutely nothing.

14#
發表於 05-11-29 15:05 |只看該作者

anybody will send letter or call school to ask the details ??

15#
發表於 05-11-29 15:41 |只看該作者

suddenly, I feel one interesting thing , these two top kinders don't like to accept good performance applicants during the interview this year.    

16#
發表於 05-11-29 16:01 |只看該作者

I would like to tell my story. May be all of you can judge.... by yourself

My son born in Dec 2002.  Last year he was a small boy to attend SC interview. He answered all the questions and I thought his performance was quite good for a small boy, but the result was waiting list.  

This year he try again as a big boy, he did very well in the interview,mature and presentable,  even the teacher say so when we left the room.  SC  accepted him this year.

We do not have any background , our address is in Wong Tai Sin.   We put the same address and background information for both years, but we can see my boy performance has a big difference in both years even through he answer all questions.  

17#
發表於 05-11-29 16:15 |只看該作者

Prema,

your case is normal.. of course there are over 600 acceptance which most of them are normal, but i just want to say the acceptance standard of Sc is different to other kindergartens, maybe it is a famous school.

18#
發表於 05-11-29 16:27 |只看該作者

hi monmantong pls check pm
該用戶已被刪除

19#
發表於 05-11-29 16:29 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

20#
發表於 05-11-29 16:49 |只看該作者

Prema 寫道:
I would like to tell my story. May be all of you can judge.... by yourself

My son born in Dec 2002.  Last year he was a small boy to attend SC interview. He answered all the questions and I thought his performance was quite good for a small boy, but the result was waiting list.  

This year he try again as a big boy, he did very well in the interview,mature and presentable,  even the teacher say so when we left the room.  SC  accepted him this year.

We do not have any background , our address is in Wong Tai Sin.   We put the same address and background information for both years, but we can see my boy performance has a big difference in both years even through he answer all questions.  

照妳咁講, 出年都會叫阿女再試0下 (雖然已經升 K2) ......

噚晚收倒 SC 0既 waiting list 信, 真係好激氣, 亦都好似有 D 媽咪一樣, 心裡面問自己, 夠竟阿女有邊方面遜色, 抑或我同太太0既條件有咩比唔上呢 ?? 所以都想0係度同大家分享一0下 :

我姪仔0係單親家庭長大, 嘛嘛話佢 interview 眾多幼稚園各方面都尚算 o.k.; 結果 7 年前, 最後只得 啟思 同埋 SC 收佢; 佢係 2 月出世, SC 畢業後讀 油麻地天主教小學, 成績尚算滿意 !!

囡囡 10 月中出世, 見 SC 當日早上要 interview 三間幼稚園, 9:00 in KV, 10:00 in SC, 11:30 in York, 太太話囡囡三間都 in 得唔錯, 可能要 warm up 0既關係, 一間比一間好, 再加上太太有提過囡囡有位堂阿哥以前0係 SC 畢業, 讀得好開心, 所以對考入 SC 都好有信心, 結果反而事與願違 !!

囡囡暫時 in 0左 8 間幼稚園, 順序取錄0既係 迦南、金巴倫、劍鳴、約克、根德園 (all am class), 未有 result 0既係 協恩、創價, 淨係 SC waiting list, 唉 !! 雖然暫時叫做考倒了一間心儀0既幼稚園(根德園), 不過太太話仲會 in 多 4-5 間 !!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題