發表於 05-11-7 22:51 |只看該作者

喇沙小學

喇沙小學學生水準是否很不平均?聽說有精英班和垃圾班分?

是否因為政府派位的原因?
:-D

2#
發表於 05-11-8 10:38 |只看該作者

Re: 喇沙小學

我唔係喇沙小學發言人, 唔可以代表學校講, 但校長話俾家長知P1-P6都無分精英班的, 當然學校亦心中有數邊個叻D, 但無將佢地編埋一齊. 學校既宗旨仍然係有教無類, 邊度會有小朋友係垃圾黎架! 學校反而會抽出在學習上有問題既小朋友幫佢地補習, 了解問題, 再加上家長既輔助, 希望小朋友可跟回大隊. 據我認為學校SET既要求算高, 可跟大隊既小朋友都叻架啦. 校長及老師都有D方法既. :wink:

3#
發表於 05-11-8 11:10 |只看該作者

Bambi 寫道:
我唔係喇沙小學發言人, 唔可以代表學校講, 但校長話俾家長知P1-P6都無分精英班的, 當然學校亦心中有數邊個叻D, 但無將佢地編埋一齊. 學校既宗旨仍然係有教無類, 邊度會有小朋友係垃圾黎架! 學校反而會抽出在學習上有問題既小朋友幫佢地補習, 了解問題, 再加上家長既輔助, 希望小朋友可跟回大隊. 據我認為學校SET既要求算高, 可跟大隊既小朋友都叻架啦. 校長及老師都有D方法既. :wink:

有學生是派位入的,所以總會有跟唔上的情況,這個在任何程度較高的官津校都會出現,不必大驚少怪。某些實施精英班制的官校內,「貧富懸殊」的情況更嚴重。

Bambi講得岩,學校都已經算有教無類,但要達到學校的目標,家長都要出一分力,不要指意學校做晒。咁好彩入到好學校,家長就好應該同仔仔一同努力。鮑太經常講的「錯配」,就是某些家長不和學校共同努力教仔,學校想他們有高水準也無計。

4#
發表於 05-11-8 21:58 |只看該作者

agree with Bambi and BillyM.
校長亦話有d家長不但唔盡量協助, 還希望學校減公課, 減測驗, 減低程度去就d 學生,  咁 overall 既水準便會下降. 其實揀學校亦應專重學校宗旨.
說句實話, 喇沙真算有教無類.記得早一,兩年, 分班應以全級排名計算. 全級考第一去A班, 第二B 班,第三C班,如此類推.(當然是家長猜測--
一般家長與學生無法知道自己仔仔全級排名,但因為全級頭幾名會有頒獎典禮,這樣推算下家長猜測亦算準確)咁每班成績非常平均. 但今年似乎不是這樣騙班.  
但亦有課外輔助班比成績不太理想同學,成績比較好的就有課外研習組,咁樣便可以平均編班之餘,亦對所有學生心理都照顧到.
[img align=left]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p093b2f8d9a326f07fec7160770ffeec4/fc28be39.jpg.thumb[/img]

5#
發表於 05-11-9 01:07 |只看該作者

多謝大家意見!

我只是聽有一位已為人父的喇沙畢業生說有分精英和比較差的....再者本人去報名時,聽到職員投訴交表的女士為什麼申請人現讀的長兄的成積那麼差還要為弟弟報名....?  所以認為喇沙收生沒有象其他學校如 ST PAUL 可以挑選起碼水準平均 D 的學生,會影響老師和學生的進度。

ANYWAY,   那喇沙是否如 DBSPD 般的好學校?

6#
發表於 05-11-9 10:14 |只看該作者

DBSPD有咩好? 講黎聽o下!
TINBA 寫道:

7#
發表於 05-11-9 10:29 |只看該作者

Bambi 寫道:
DBSPD有咩好? 講黎聽o下!
[quote]
TINBA 寫道:

[/quote]

DBSPD只是「新校」,為何會有人問「喇沙是否如 DBSPD 般的好學校」,問題是否應該調轉次序呢?

8#
發表於 05-11-9 10:39 |只看該作者

DBSPD的中文名是什麼?

9#
發表於 05-11-9 10:42 |只看該作者

pmamylee 寫道:
DBSPD的中文名是什麼?

Diocesan Boys' School Primary Division

10#
發表於 05-11-9 10:44 |只看該作者

TINBA 寫道:
多謝大家意見!

我只是聽有一位已為人父的喇沙畢業生說有分精英和比較差的....再者本人去報名時,聽到職員投訴交表的女士為什麼申請人現讀的長兄的成積那麼差還要為弟弟報名....?  所以認為喇沙收生沒有象其他學校如 ST PAUL 可以挑選起碼水準平均 D 的學生,會影響老師和學生的進度。

戥喇沙 慘

11#
發表於 05-11-9 10:56 |只看該作者

請問喇沙係咪唔只一間架?係咪有一間叫陳瑞祺喇沙, 有乜唔同?

Thanks!

12#
發表於 05-11-9 11:04 |只看該作者

chanwyf 寫道:
請問喇沙係咪唔只一間架?係咪有一間叫陳瑞祺喇沙, 有乜唔同?

Thanks!

同一辦學機構,但陳瑞祺完全唔係喇沙個班波喎,無人會比較這兩間學校,因為無得比。

13#
發表於 05-11-9 22:01 |只看該作者

都好奇怪點解有老師這樣說話. 會這無麼巧合收表的老師又聽過&知道這孩子哥哥成績這樣差? 我估應該是孩子的品行比較差--要見家長或訓導主任 & 校長而比較有知名度把!
亦可能已有聽聞家長的管教方式所以衝口而出.
我覺得老師&學校對成積比較差的同學亦相當鼓勵.  老師會左在工課上貼上"繼續努力" 的貼紙, 學校亦會在頒獎典禮上頒"最佳進步獎"來鼓勵同學.

唯獨是對品行比較差的會嚴厲點. 有時老師也鬧到扯火. 咁又難怪, 一班40個仔, 有d 仔又的確比縱懷. 其實班主任和
訓導主任亦有每天打電話比d "活躍學生" 家長跟進學生程況(同事個仔), 我覺得這樣已是好有教學理念.

其實每間學校都有d活躍學生, dbspd & dps 亦是. dbspd 不但仔叻, 屋企重好有米, 我同事話開"check"開都手軟. dps 似乎名 勁過實---friend話學效都無乜 system --  教active/passive voice都唔知點教. 無notes, 又無書..(當然好可能是個別老師吧!) 連佢仔補習老師都話喇沙好--有晒notes & paper& worksheets 去教.

至於”ST PAUL 可以挑選起碼水準平均 D 的學生” -- 挑選只是 initial screening -- 有誰可以 guarantee d 學生一定全掂?喇沙以前都係自己挑選學生,咪亦有唔平均.現時我仔個級,全級考第一至3平均分 98 ,分別 只不過差0.2 /0.3 分. 每班考十名內90 分或以上.考11-15  87分以上. 16-20 85到.21-29 大約 80. 上次 friend 個仔79分考30. 亦試過75分後考37. 咁你話75分係未好差? 我覺得唔係. (These are just rough figures based on results of friends' kids  from different classes)

亦有人退學,但真係成績唔好係好少,好少.頂癃 2至3個. 但每年d 勁人插班生多都唔少. 軒尼詩官立又有, 最勁係 St. Teresa's School --都話佢勁架啦!其實 雖然喇沙現在無得直接揀學生, 但我現今大部份家長多都盡可能去栽培d仔,additional classes, KLNTong kindergartens, activities, other talents & skills etc -- ”仔能力應該唔係差咁遠.成績分別應會在於 ”working mom" or "housewife mom", 家庭管教方法,and 仔 d ”脾性” 

Afterall, I'm definite that each school must have its own pros and cons. So far, my son feels great about his school and most of all---- he is happy, really enjoying school life a lot. I feel blessed that my son has the opportunity to attend this school. I hope that all of your wishes will come true as well. Good Luck!!

TINBA 寫道:
多謝大家意見!

[img align=left]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p093b2f8d9a326f07fec7160770ffeec4/fc28be39.jpg.thumb[/img]

14#
發表於 05-11-10 00:47 |只看該作者

Happymama,

Well note your opinion and share. I got a new and good impression of La Salle School. I believe it's a brilliant school as it always is.

:

15#
發表於 05-11-10 01:58 |只看該作者

Hello.  I just pass by and see how is the students going in La Salle. My son is still K1.  Actually I am a lost mother.  I want my son to be happy, I like the teaching style of Pui Kui.  But according to the "popular" and "name" of it, I am quite worry.  I was told the Pui Kui is band 5..  On the same time, I believe children have to get some pressure to be tough.  But they only have 'one time childhood' in their lifetime.  What should I do?  Give him pressure?  Give him happiness??
I myself want to let him go in La Salle, can he afford it?  Is it really difficult?  I have a few questions so please kindly give me a reply if possible.
1.  Is it really easier to get in brand name primary school if we study in the kindergarten of Kowloon Tong?  We live in New Territories.
2.  Is KM can help even a little bit for us to get in La Salle?
3.  If we are going to send by the government, why should we spend so many to go in the kindergarten in Kowloon Tong area?  I mean spent more $$ and time.
4.  How many percentage for the children to go in primary school for the first choice?
5.  Are the children in La Salle happy?  I mean most of the students in La Salle?
6.  Is La Salle as good as before?  Since the school can't choose the students themself.
Thank you

16#
發表於 05-11-10 08:36 |只看該作者

vtypoco,

La Salle is still taking students through Govt allocation system, so do you have enough points in first round?  Or are you living in Kowloon Tong to be eligible in 2nd round lucky draw?
Entering LS is more by luck.

Don't understand your logic in your point 3.  So are you thinking that if your son cannot enter LS, you don't need to spend more $$ and time for his kinder? In fact, for LS, it does not matter which kinder your son studies.  For DBSPD, it do matters.  I believe if you love your son, you will spend $$ and time to develop him as much as you can, no matter which primary school he can enter.

Besides, you also seems to say that having pressure = unhappy???  What logic is this?  Every kid has different character and talent, and parents have to find a school suitable for the kid.  Branded schools do not mean unhappy school life.  I also see many kids studying in non-branded schools have very heavy workload and feel unhappy. In any schools, some kids feel very happy even under high pressure and heavy work. It really depends how parents help the kids to face challenges, overcome barriers and lead a happy life.  

Kids are usually a mirror of parents, they are very affected by parents. So it is better to understand your own view and your kid's character first.  

17#
發表於 05-11-10 09:14 |只看該作者

Dear all,

I have a chance to look at the handbook for P1 La Salle.  I feel very scared - over 10 homeworks for each day. How terrible it is!!  How much time for a boy to finish the homework???   This is what I feel.

18#
發表於 05-11-10 10:22 |只看該作者

WYmom &  Happymama
How about St. Joseph (Wanchai) vs La Salle?

19#
發表於 05-11-10 10:49 |只看該作者

sixcats 寫道:
Dear all,

I have a chance to look at the handbook for P1 La Salle.  I feel very scared - over 10 homeworks for each day. How terrible it is!!  How much time for a boy to finish the homework???   This is what I feel.

If that's what you think, don't choose La Salle for your kid.

20#
發表於 05-11-10 11:07 |只看該作者

WYmom >> agree with you !

vtycoco >> I don' t think that pressure = unhappy, I was so happy with my school life since I am a former Maryknoller, competitions made us to get improvement unwittingly. All of us embellished ourselves by the extra curricular activities !! Teachers, sisters, schoolmates are so nice & friendly in my school so don' t even think that kids in these kinds of branded schools would spoil their childhood, it' s just depends on what is in your head ! One of a BK mom told me that Keen Mind has the connection to La Salle but I' m not that sure whether it' s true or not. I do believe that "points" & "relations" will be the key factors of entering such branded schools. Of course it could be an advantage if you could show that your kid was studying a famous kinder in Kowloon Tong when you knock their doors !

sixcats >> Relax........."Over 10 homeworks" is very normal nowadays even in those estate schools !          Poor kids
‹ 上一主題|下一主題