搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 St.Paul Co Ed and DGJS
查看: 11721|回覆: 83
go

St.Paul Co Ed and DGJS [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-9-21 21:56 |只看該作者

St.Paul Co Ed and DGJS

How will you compare the two primary schools ?  Which will you place you daughter if they both accept you ?

2#
發表於 05-9-21 22:10 |只看該作者

Re: St.Paul Co Ed and DGJS

gogochurch 寫道:
How will you compare the two primary schools ?  Which will you place you daughter if they both accept you ?

My neighbourhood's daughter (she studied in CCKG)is accepted by both schools last year. She finally choose DGJS. I agree it's a right decision because DGJS is better than St. Paul Coed both in academic and non-academic fields such as sports.

3#
發表於 05-9-21 22:16 |只看該作者

當然ST. PAULCO-ED啦! 質素高幾班! 
Msma

4#
發表於 05-9-21 22:17 |只看該作者

agree
Msma 寫道:
當然ST. PAULCO-ED啦! 質素高幾班! 

5#
發表於 05-9-21 22:21 |只看該作者

DGJS is better than St. Paul Coed in academic results and other activities like sports competitions. It is no doubt the best school and best girls school in HK.
However, St Paul Co-ed does provide something DGS can't. It is a co-ed school with both sex and hence a healthier environment for kids growth (some experts said). Secondly it will have a super campus and with the generous donation from its past students and the Lee family, it will surely have the best facilities and support.

6#
發表於 05-9-21 22:48 |只看該作者

Agree.

So, if our daughters are lucky enough to be accepted by both schools, it's a headache...  

In fact I am worried that DGJS / St Paul Co-ed parents will have a lot of hard work to do.  All sorts of tests/exams may also put a strain on our relationship with the kids  

However, so far all if not most "elite" schools are  traditional schools.  While I admire the beliefs of many new DSS schools, I do not have the complete faith on them....

It is so stressful in these few weeks that like other mama I have to get the application forms, prepare profile, etc etc but I am yet to figure out what kind of education I want for my daughter.

I wish all the good luck for the BK papa /mama.

Chole

7#
發表於 05-9-22 00:59 |只看該作者

One of the strategy could be St. Paul Co-ed for primary education and DGS for secondary education, to get the best out of both schools

8#
發表於 05-9-22 10:13 |只看該作者

My neighbourhood's daughter (she studied in CCKG)is accepted by both schools last year.

Dear mission,

May I know what kind of girl is your neighbour's daughter ?
http://bb5.babyhome.com.tw/UPLOAD7/123340/129075.10908320.72074.jpg

9#
發表於 05-9-22 10:28 |只看該作者

I don't think I will have the luck or luxury of having the sweet opportunity of choosing between these two schools.

However, given the purely hypocritical situation of having these two to choose from, I would prefer DGJS.  I have an impression (may be wrong) that St Paul Co-ed stresses too much on academic performance.  I've heard about a case where the parents of a student of St. Paul Co-ed had been advised by a teacher of a particular subject to supervise the kid to work much harder or else the kid could not proceed to an upper class.   The horrible thing was, the kid's performance wasn't bad at all.  The kid scored 80+ marks in that subject.
http://bb5.babyhome.com.tw/UPLOAD7/123340/129075.10908320.72074.jpg

10#
發表於 05-9-22 10:34 |只看該作者

乜你真以為 另一間唔谷 ? 人地小二 21個生詞,每個五次,聽日交,重有明天有第二科默書,仲有其他家課 。咁你話使唔使work hard 呢 ?

讀邊間都要workhard,呢個世界無不勞而獲架!

天材要打造,唔打變傭材,庸材唔打造就變儘材架啦! 
Msma

11#
發表於 05-9-22 10:35 |只看該作者

sorry typo

庸材唔打造變蠢材 ! 
Msma

12#
發表於 05-9-22 10:49 |只看該作者

兩間都是好學校, 這點相信沒有人會質疑.
一間在港島, 一間在九龍, 若有幸兩間都收, 便要考慮居住地區, 揀間不用過海的. 若每天要小朋友長途跋涉地上學, 身為家長, 又於心何忍呢?

13#
發表於 05-9-22 13:30 |只看該作者

Msma 寫道:
當然ST. PAULCO-ED啦! 質素高幾班! 

Dear Msma,

Why do you say so? Any elaboration? I do not mean to challenge you. But I just want to understand more and know more viewpoints.

Gordon_No_4

14#
發表於 05-9-22 15:35 |只看該作者

Why you do not think so ?

I do appreciate St. Paul Co-ed's join function with 鮮魚小學 !氣質高幾班啦 !
Msma

15#
發表於 05-9-22 16:21 |只看該作者

勞媽媽 寫道:
Dear mission,

May I know what kind of girl is your neighbour's daughter ?

She's the aggressive and outgoing type with good command of spoken English.

16#
發表於 05-9-22 18:53 |只看該作者

I tend to agree that St. Paul Co Ed is a bit better than DGS.
As shown in the 升中booklet from Mingpao, the average no. of "A" of St. Paul Co Ed is a little bit higher than La Salle College.
According to last year's stat. LS got 4xx "A" (shown in school web), while DGS got 2xx "A" (told by parent of my child's classmate whose elder daughter is studying in DGS)

17#
發表於 05-9-22 19:40 |只看該作者

I can't comment on DGJS but my son is now studying in SPCC so I'll voice out my own views based on what I knew and experienced.

Teaching medium in SPCC primary is Chinese and although the school will put more emphasis in senior grade, I believe the English standard of DGJS is much higher unless the parents are native speakers themselves.  On the contrary, Chinese proficiency of the students in SPCC will be better than DGJS.

To be continued.

18#
發表於 05-9-22 21:26 |只看該作者

DSS,

Could you also share with us whether there is a lot of pressure on the kid and the parents please?

Many thanks.

Chole

19#
發表於 05-9-22 22:15 |只看該作者

One good thing is about the small size of the class in SPCC, only 28 in both P.1 and P.2 and that really helps the teachers and headmistress to know more about their students.  

Homework in P.1 and P.2 is minimal and only less than 1 page writing in English or half to one page writing in Chinese plus other standard workbook for Chinese, General Knowledge and few questions in Maths. Most of the students in lower grade don't seem to have much pressure but a lof of my son's classmates were fully booked on extra-curricular activities. However I was warned by other parents that once you move on to P.3, the workload will become very demanding.  

The school is also trying to build up a reading habbit for their students and will give out 3 to 4 Chinese/English books every week.  They don't need you to write any book report and it's up to you but of course you'd better finish them for your own good.

So far I haven't received any advice from the teacher and the school will have 4 full subjects test throughout the year and two exams.  There will not be any position other than the top three and I presume the average score for the class is over 90.

If you really want to have a look on the school, you may go and have a visit of the school this coming Saturday and Sunday as they are having their 90th annivesary open day.

:  :
SPCC 90th Anniversary

20#
發表於 05-9-22 22:44 |只看該作者

DSS,

Thank you for sharing.

Chole
‹ 上一主題|下一主題