3#
發表於 05-6-5 12:25 |只看該作者

Re: 41區拔萃小學

所以想聽一點意見
謝謝

4#
發表於 05-6-5 12:32 |只看該作者

HI my son also accepted by DPS, and I also accepted by KTS, my husband said last year half of the teachers resigned from DPS, any one have more info on that ?

is DPS teached the class by all English ? any one can confirm me on this, by the way, is the school using traditional approach and with many homeworks ?

tks !

5#
發表於 05-6-5 14:29 |只看該作者

bee 寫道:
HI my son also accepted by DPS, and I also accepted by KTS, my husband said last year half of the teachers resigned from DPS, any one have more info on that ?

is DPS teached the class by all English ? any one can confirm me on this, by the way, is the school using traditional approach and with many homeworks ?

tks !

To my knowledge it is a traditional school with certain amount of homework,  nevertheless it is no longer having something to do with DBS from this year. Any mistake, please correct.

6#
發表於 05-6-5 16:52 |只看該作者

Elmomo 寫道:

To my knowledge it is a traditional school with certain amount of homework,  nevertheless it is no longer having something to do with DBS from this year. Any mistake, please correct.

說的對,男拔已經有自己直屬小學(中、小學皆是直資),與 41區拔萃小學沒任何掛鉤,也沒有任何聯系位給予這小學。再者,以前的校長和超過一半老師已走了(報章也報導了)。換言之,現在41區拔萃小學已不是以前的「小拔」,只是津小一間。

7#
發表於 05-6-5 17:42 |只看該作者

Without the linkage with DBS and the change of many DPS teachers, no one would know its future allocation result of secondary school.

It's quite a pity that DPS would have any competitive edge as before!

8#
發表於 05-6-5 23:51 |只看該作者

I disagree.  DPS is still a very good primary school and the standard is high, even though many teachers were left and joined DBS.

In EMB web it is still linked to  拔萃男書院.  They have the same church and and the same governing bodies.  There is still a lot of chance of getting into the DB secondary.  So pls don't hesitate to put yr child in DPS if he has already secured a place there.

`

9#
發表於 05-6-5 23:55 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

10#
發表於 05-6-6 04:03 |只看該作者

bee 寫道:

tks !
yes, all subjects teach by english (includes p.e. music....) they using traditional approach but not much homework, about 2-4 everyday in p1.

11#
發表於 05-6-6 08:08 |只看該作者

Ted 寫道:
I disagree.  DPS is still a very good primary school and the standard is high, even though many teachers were left and joined DBS.

In EMB web it is still linked to  拔萃男書院.  They have the same church and and the same governing bodies.  There is still a lot of chance of getting into the DB secondary.  So pls don't hesitate to put yr child in DPS if he has already secured a place there.

`

Sorry I hold different view to certain extent for
i) I doubt whether the information of EMB website is updated enough ? very often the government would seldom check and update its information on its own unless and until there is a complaint or enquiry from public; &
ii) it is indisputable that DPS has delinked from DBS and that there is no guarantee of entry from DPS student to DBS unless the student is few of the cream of the class. therefore I have reservation as to "a lot of chance getting into DB secondary". In addition, "same church and same governing body" does mean anything (正如同一間屋出入

12#
發表於 05-6-6 08:18 |只看該作者

Agreed with Elmomo.  DPS has no more linkage with DBS.  From this year onwards, they also accept girls into P.1.  Just wonder how many girls they have taken and how this will impact the school as girls usually perform better than boys in a traditional primary.

13#
發表於 05-6-6 09:17 |只看該作者

恭喜孫佑甜  

My son is studing DPS P.1 now. Although DPS is delinked with DBS (Secondary school), they are still maintance all of things including teacher.

DPS is a English school and all of subjects are using English to teach. (Except Chinese, 国語).

For my opinion that many primary school is individual and doesn't line with the secondary school.  However, they can maintance the quality.
[管教]必須建立在母子間信任,關懷, 溫柔的基礎上, 至能達到良好的效果. 親情的溫暖比嚴格的管教更為重要.

"在人生道路上面對種種不同的困境時, 最困難不是要面對那個問題, 而是堅持一個信念: 向前看. 就算問題有多複雜都好, 只要你肯正面地面對, 一定可以克服. 當事情過去後, 回望整件事都是不外如是........................"

14#
發表於 05-6-8 07:40 |只看該作者

can anyone know that if there are any western / expatriate teachers teaching in DPS, tks !

15#
發表於 05-6-8 07:42 |只看該作者

by the way, I go to register yesterday, only one concerned is the campus look very small and there are re-construction project is going, any one know that when will it ccompleted and how big of the compus, as I am not sure if the 球場 also belong to DPS, tks !

16#
發表於 05-6-8 09:19 |只看該作者

bee,

Yes, DPS compus is small.  However, they have 2 classes of each level only. So, This is enough for their. The 球場 is belong to DPS. They will go there to PE lesson. The new compus is processing. Because they are excepted the girl on next year and they will expend more facility.  The DPS was doing the donation request a months before. The aim is buying a good quility facility to the student.

bee 寫道:
by the way, I go to register yesterday, only one concerned is the campus look very small and there are re-construction project is going, any one know that when will it ccompleted and how big of the compus, as I am not sure if the 球場 also belong to DPS, tks !

"在人生道路上面對種種不同的困境時, 最困難不是要面對那個問題, 而是堅持一個信念: 向前看. 就算問題有多複雜都好, 只要你肯正面地面對, 一定可以克服. 當事情過去後, 回望整件事都是不外如是........................"

17#
發表於 05-6-8 09:19 |只看該作者

孫佑甜

Got you PM and I will get back to you once I am available. Thanks.

18#
發表於 05-6-8 09:48 |只看該作者

請問小拔是否今年開始收女生?

19#
發表於 05-6-8 09:49 |只看該作者

I still disagree!!

Yr comment regarding (正如同一間屋出入

20#
發表於 05-6-8 10:07 |只看該作者

咁係咪DPS都係一間好學校呀, 有無家長d小朋友讀緊架, 可唔可以分享一下實際情況呀.
等我地可以清楚一d麻     

煩請多多指教   
‹ 上一主題|下一主題