發表於 08-4-18 21:34 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
協恩中小學是我心儀的學校 ,但協幼上協小的機會只得 20-30% ,令我非常擔心 ,但很多朋友說這已是一個難得的機會 。
st paul 是一條龍學校 ,有 90 %上小學比較安心 ,這應是理智的選擇 。
心儀與理智已在我心中鬥爭了很久 ,請各位有經驗的家長可否分享選校心得

thanks
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-4-18 22:29 |只看該作者
My girl got offers from Heep Yunn Kindergarten and Sacred Heart (SH). I am also in a dilemma. I like Heep Yunn and it is close my home. SH is far away from home but my girl has a good chance to go to SH primary and secondary school. Since I don't want to take the risk of lucky draw later, I may choose SH.

原文章由 DabyHou 於 08-4-18 21:34 發表
協恩中小學是我心儀的學校 ,但協幼上協小的機會只得 20-30% ,令我非常擔心 ,但很多朋友說這已是一個難得的機會 。
st paul 是一條龍學校 ,有 90 %上小學比較安心 ,這應是理智的選擇 。
心儀與理智已在我心中鬥爭了很久 , ...

3#
發表於 08-4-18 22:43 |只看該作者
我和妳的case好相似 ,妳囡囡也是讀德寶嗎 ?

4#
發表於 08-4-18 23:02 |只看該作者
Absolutely will choose SPK / SH and give up Heep Yunn. Because SPK / SH have high % to go to the same primary and secondary school, the most important is the Secondary public examination result of SPK / SH are much better than Heep Yunn.

5#
發表於 08-4-19 14:46 |只看該作者
I think the three girl schools are very good. Their langauge standard is very high. The most updated public exam results can be found on the web. According to the recent reports, Heep Yunn's results are a bit better than SH, more or less the same as SP.

原文章由 Sammy2007 於 08-4-18 23:02 發表
Absolutely will choose SPK / SH and give up Heep Yunn. Because SPK / SH have high % to go to the same primary and secondary school, the most important is the Secondary public examination result of SPK ...

[ 本文章最後由 wianlee 於 08-4-19 14:48 編輯 ]

6#
發表於 08-4-19 14:54 |只看該作者
Wianlee:
Can you tell me which web-site I can compare the public exam result ? THANKS.
原文章由 wianlee 於 08-4-19 14:46 發表
I think the three girl schools are very good. Their langauge standard is very high. The most updated public exam results can be found on the web. According to the recent reports, Heep Yunn's results a ...

7#
發表於 08-4-20 00:43 |只看該作者
原文章由 Sammy2007 於 08-4-18 23:02 發表
Absolutely will choose SPK / SH and give up Heep Yunn. Because SPK / SH have high % to go to the same primary and secondary school, the most important is the Secondary public examination result of SPK ...

I am afraid u are wrong. In a scientific sense, good public exam can be defined differently. 1. average score 2. average no. of "A"s or value-addedness. In fact, one can have moer definitions. For band 1 schools, they tend to mention average score or average no. of "A"s. For band 2 or band 3 schools, they tend to mention value-addedness. St. Pual Convert (SPC), Sacred Heart(SH) and Heep Yunn(HY) are band 1 secondary school. (Sorry! SPK has no HKCEE result, as it is a kindergarten) In fact they are traditional elite schools. It would be appropriate to discuss their HKCEE average score or average no. of "A"s. If u know some HKEAA or EDB people, they all know that Heep Yunn is not bad. In fact some HKCEE result has been published. According to a website, there are the HKCEE ranking:

Average score:
HY (rank 19 and the score is 65)
SPC (rank 23 and the score is 64)
SH (ranks 87 and the score is 53)

Average no. of "A"s
SPC (rank 10 and the score is 20)
SH (ranks 20 and the score is 18)
HY (rank 29 and score is 15)

So HY is not bad! In fact HY got the best average score in 2007 HKCEE. 65 means 65/100*30=19.5 HKCEE score. It means on average HY girls got about 5 "C"s and 1 "B". (remember 6 "A"s is the highest score, ie. 30)

Here is one of the website:
http://www.pupil.com.hk/school/
http://www.pupil.com.hk/pls/school_display?p_type=1
http://www.pupil.com.hk/pls/school_display?p_type=2

[ 本文章最後由 psychologist 於 08-4-20 00:45 編輯 ]

8#
發表於 08-4-20 00:56 |只看該作者
Thanks Pcychologist for your information. I read the website few months ago and forgot the accuracy ranking of the schools. Your interpretation of the figures is very good.
In fact, public exam results is one of the criteria to assess a school. other criteria include the students' performance in interschool sports competition, music and speech festivals, debate competitions etc. I know Heep Yunn girls' performances in sports are excellent. HY, SP and SH perform well in music and speech festivals.

9#
發表於 08-4-21 16:15 |只看該作者
Thank you for your information.

10#
發表於 08-4-21 16:50 |只看該作者
I'll choose SP Convent if it really picked you up. It is difficult to enter.

11#
發表於 08-4-21 18:16 |只看該作者
thanks all

12#
發表於 08-4-21 21:28 |只看該作者
Hi Psychologist,

本來好開心有個website 可話俾我地知邊間學校成績好.看後我覺得可信性好低.只要有會員不斷入好成績,間學校自然排得前.會員係唔係個個都俾真實成績呢?網站唔會巧究.看學校既排名根本就很難令人相信.

原文章由 psychologist 於 08-4-20 00:43 發表

I am afraid u are wrong. In a scientific sense, good public exam can be defined differently. 1. average score 2. average no. of "A"s or value-addedness. In fact, one can have moer definitions. For b ...

13#
發表於 08-4-21 22:56 |只看該作者
根本唔會有一個有公信力既學校排位表...........要審核成績都已經有相當困難

14#
發表於 08-4-21 23:19 |只看該作者

Heep Yunn/SH

Hi Wianlee,
I am the same case with U,HY & SH also accepted my daughter,HP near my home,but SH 100% promote to P1,HY cannot,now I don't Know how to choose,and what will u choose?

原文章由 wianlee 於 08-4-18 22:29 發表
My girl got offers from Heep Yunn Kindergarten and Sacred Heart (SH). I am also in a dilemma. I like Heep Yunn and it is close my home. SH is far away from home but my girl has a good chance to go to  ...

15#
發表於 08-4-22 01:15 |只看該作者
Take SP then 小一大抽獎 Heep Yun 唔得讀返SP

16#
發表於 08-4-22 09:34 |只看該作者
Hi yuyumom,
I haven't made the final decision, but I think I may choose SH and my husband also likes SH because of easy promotion to SH primary and secondary sections. What about you?

原文章由 yuyumom 於 08-4-21 23:19 發表
Hi Wianlee,
I am the same case with U,HY & SH also accepted my daughter,HP near my home,but SH 100% promote to P1,HY cannot,now I don't Know how to choose,and what will u choose?

17#
發表於 08-4-22 16:04 |只看該作者
Hi!Waianlee,
my case same of u,my husband also prefer SH because of this reason.But i live in kln. side ,I think HK Side are too far to me,Where U live?
原文章由 wianlee 於 08-4-22 09:34 發表
Hi yuyumom,
I haven't made the final decision, but I think I may choose SH and my husband also likes SH because of easy promotion to SH primary and secondary sections. What about you?

18#
發表於 08-4-22 17:53 |只看該作者
For ECA, more easy to compare... take the top award among top schools for reference - BOCHK Bauhinia Bowl Award:

http://www.hkssf-hk.org.hk/hk/sec/bauhinia-bowl.htm#Past%20Results

原文章由 Sindy 於 08-4-21 22:56 發表
根本唔會有一個有公信力既學校排位表...........要審核成績都已經有相當困難

[ 本文章最後由 andykwan 於 08-4-22 17:55 編輯 ]

19#
發表於 08-4-22 23:12 |只看該作者
Hi yuyumom,
I live in Tseung Kwan O. if my girl studies at SH, she has to take the school bus. The traveling time is rather long and the fee is very expensive. I may consider moving to Hong Kong side.

原文章由 yuyumom 於 08-4-22 16:04 發表
Hi!Waianlee,
my case same of u,my husband also prefer SH because of this reason.But i live in kln. side ,I think HK Side are too far to me,Where U live?

20#
發表於 08-4-23 00:02 |只看該作者
原文章由 frenchfries 於 08-4-21 21:28 發表
Hi Psychologist,

本來好開心有個website 可話俾我地知邊間學校成績好.看後我覺得可信性好低.只要有會員不斷入好成績,間學校自然排得前.會員係唔係個個都俾真實成績呢?網站唔會巧究.看學校既排名根本就很難令人相信 ...

Hi Frenchfires,

u raise a good question that the data provided by the website may not reliable. So I ask u a question. Do u believe the message posted by the website, “
Pupil.com.hk 庫,再 析,整 名,供 考。”, is true?
For a famous website like Yahoo, I guess there is about 30-40% of Internet users use Yahoo’s e-mail. As the website is definitely less famous than Yahoo, it is reasonable to guess that much less percentage of F5 students are the member of the website. May be less than 10%. So the data must be unreliable!

Due to my job nature, I know some EDB (Education Bureau) people, professors of CUHK’s faculty of education and some secondary school teachers. The data provided by the website is uncommonly accurate. At least 5 schools data are accurate. Try to think about, not many current F5 students are their members and even they are member, they can still tell lies! If u know some basic statistics, this is practically impossible to have 5 accurate data points. That’s why I used the term “uncommonly accurate”. I reckon the most unreliable point is “
Pupil.com.hk 庫,再 析,整 名,供 考。”! This is kind of cover up. I think the data is being disclosed from some insider.

To most people, they are familiar with those traditional elite schools (
傳統名校), say DBS, DGS, King’s, QC, Maryknoll, St Paul Co Ed, St Paul Convert, Heep Yunn, Marymount etc. The name of these schools should dominate the ranking. However, the ranking provided by the website is odd. Some school names are just unfamiliar or not famous. They are known as regional band one schools (地區Band 1學校). In the recent years, in fact some regional band one schools outsmart elite schools academically. Let’s take a most extreme example in the ranking provided by the website, 香港道教聯合會鄧顯紀念中學 (Tang Hin). Some people even may not know this school. If u know some EDB people, they can tell u that Tang Hin is the best school in HK in terms of both public exam results and value-addedness. Don’t believe? Just browse Tang Hin’s Website:

http://www.tanghin.edu.hk/en/public_exam_results
Tang Hin’s credit % and “A” % are outrageous! And even St Paul Co Ed and DGS cannot beat her!

By go through triangulation, the data provided by the website is quite reliable (At least to me). Of course, believe it or not is your own choice. U can treat the website as liar.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題