搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 good hope vs St. Mary
查看: 6694|回覆: 21
go

good hope vs St. Mary [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-1-31 15:28 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
各位家長,

請問有沒有家長知道在學術及校外活動方面, 德望好定St. mary好些?  謝謝你們!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-1-31 15:57 |只看該作者
原文章由 willy00willy 於 08-1-31 15:28 發表
各位家長,

St. Mary 一條龍英中

3#
發表於 08-1-31 16:24 |只看該作者
仲洗諗
當然係 st.mary 好啦
好多 HG 都想插班入 St. Mary 嫁
話哂一條龍英中, 又唔洗 $

各位家長,

醒目開學勳章

4#
發表於 08-1-31 17:09 |只看該作者
I THINK, St. MARY BETTER THAN GOOD HOPE :)

[ 本文章最後由 BOBO128 於 08-2-2 00:32 編輯 ]

5#
發表於 08-2-1 03:56 |只看該作者
學校的運動成績,德望是較優,而公開試的整體成績,還是聖瑪利好一點。
各位家長,

6#
發表於 08-2-1 17:55 |只看該作者
What about the English standard? Does anyone know?
Thank you!
quote]原文章由 leschelems 於 08-2-1 03:56 發表
學校的運動成績,德望是較優,而公開試的整體成績,還是聖瑪利好一點。
[/quote]

7#
發表於 08-2-2 02:58 |只看該作者
Frankly speaking, English standard is quite subjective.  You can't get a consensus on the manner of comparison.

I know some graudates/students of both schools.  My perception is that St Marians are a little better in general.  

And according to the public exam statistics posted on their respective official web sites, St Mary's English exams results are generally better than Good Hope's, with the exception of last year's HKCEE.  Sorry can't provide you actual data 'coz the past records can't be found.  

原文章由 hkufrankie 於 08-2-1 17:55 發表
What about the English standard? Does anyone know?
Thank you!
quote]原文章由 leschelems 於 08-2-1 03:56 發表
學校的運動成績,德望是較優,而公開試的整體 ...

[ 本文章最後由 leschelems 於 08-2-3 12:32 編輯 ]

8#
發表於 08-2-3 00:10 |只看該作者
I think the standard for primary section, Good Hope will be better.

However, for secondary section, St. Mary 收生 is better.  Good Hope top primary student will go to other elite school like St. Mary / Maryknoll etc. So the public exam result for St. Mary should be better than Good Hope.

9#
發表於 08-2-3 12:31 |只看該作者
Good point

原文章由 木土土 於 08-2-3 00:10 發表

However, for secondary section, St. Mary 收生 is better.  Good Hope top primary student will go to other elite school like St. Mary ...

10#
發表於 08-2-4 10:46 |只看該作者
原文章由 jazzmama 於 08-1-31 16:24 發表
仲洗諗
當然係 st.mary 好啦
好多 HG 都想插班入 St. Mary 嫁
話哂一條龍英中, 又唔洗 $

依家st. mary中學係咪唔洗$o家?
只是f.1,2,3唔洗? f.4,5,6就要?
我都唔知edb是12年free.or仲係9年呢?
334....???

11#
發表於 08-2-4 13:44 |只看該作者
Of couse ST. MARY la

Wasabb

12#
發表於 08-2-4 22:34 |只看該作者
st. mary中學係唔洗$, edb 已定12年free

原文章由 vic6 於 08-2-4 10:46 發表

依家st. mary中學係咪唔洗$o家?
只是f.1,2,3唔洗? f.4,5,6就要?
我都唔知edb是12年free.or仲係9年呢?
334....???

13#
發表於 08-2-4 22:58 |只看該作者
原文章由 木土土 於 08-2-3 00:10 發表

However, for secondary section, St. Mary 收生 is better.  Good Hope top primary student will go to other elite school like St. Mary ...

But please note that after St. Mary Primary and Holy Angel Canossian School got the through train to St. Mary Secondary from 2005, there will be much less seats to get into St. Mary Secondary from 2011 for outsiders like GHS students even though they are very top.

14#
發表於 08-2-7 23:52 |只看該作者
The above information you all mentioned is historical. In fact, the academic results of Good Hope were similar to St Mary. Anyway, we should consider their future, not just history:

St Mary Primary and St Angel Primary are subsidized schools and cannot choose P1 students but Good Hope is a DSS and can pick students of better family support.
St Mary Primary and St Angel Primary are Chinese schools. Their English standards should be dropping.
St Mary Primary and St Angel Primary are through train feeder schools to St Mary Secondary. Almost all their good and inferior students can be admitted to St Mary Secondary, I guess it will impede the internal competition in St Mary Secondary and in turn lower the general academic standard of it.

So I foresee Good Hope WILL BE better in academic performance.

15#
發表於 08-2-8 19:15 |只看該作者
Got offer from both Good Hope and St. Mary but finally chose St. Mary.

Here are my view points:

- No matter you like DGJS, Good Hope, St. Paul Co-edu, MCS, St. Mary or etc, it does not represent your daughers will like these schools. Are your daughters happy to study in these schools?

- Why do you like these schools (each has its own characteristics and strengths under different subsidy background)? Even DGJS, Good Hope and St. Paul Co-edu have its own decision to select potential/good students so that they have a greater chance to get an overall better academic performance, they still have top, average or below average students. Are you sure your daughter will become the top girl in these schools?

- As parents, I think most of you have some best friends who came from your secondary shool or even primary school. They went through most of your  good and bad time and share with you with support before you work in the society. I think you got some experience some friendship could not be maintained to the same degree if your friends were outside the common environment. So I want my elder and younger daughters to have a stable learning environment under which they can get along well with her best friends in at least 12 years' foundation, building up a solid way for their sharing and supporting each other in the future (play, work and love affaris). What will be your daughters' feeling if their good friends leave the school because their academic results are not up to the standard in each year? Will they think the school is a competitive environment?

- In fact, most of the outstanding people in the work environment may come from HKU, London U and etc but they may not all studied top secondary and primary schools because some of them developed their interests and potentials at a later stage. Who cares where Hero came from?

- If I can afford to pay the school fees, why not I save or use the money to develop her interests when my daughters realise ther potentials ? Why do I need to pay school fees to encourage my daughters to study in a competitive learning environment. What they want is a happy learning environment with someone to share, not in 1 year but throughout their lives.

In short, I believe St. Mary's through-train educational principle is suitable for my daughters and hope all parents who chose St. Mary have the same thoughts (i.e. find a happy, stable, good but not competitive learning environment). In fact, I believe St. Mary is one of the top 5 English secondary schools (Girls) in HK and have a higher change to get into universities. Why do I need to care about second time 6 years later.

The above are soley my reasons for St. Mary and I do not mean other schools are not good.   

原文章由 youma 於 08-2-7 23:52 發表
The above information you all mentioned is historical. In fact, the academic results of Good Hope were similar to St Mary. Anyway, we should consider their future, not just history:

St Mary Prima ...

16#
發表於 08-2-9 23:50 |只看該作者
I can't get the point from the message for the selection between GH and SM. All the stated view points (except 'School Fee') seems both applicable to Good Hope and St. Mary.   

原文章由 LMBB 於 08-2-8 19:15 發表
Got offer from both Good Hope and St. Mary but finally chose St. Mary.

Here are my view points:

- No matter you like DGJS, Good Hope, St. Paul Co-edu, MCS, St. Mary or etc, it does not represent you ...

17#
發表於 08-2-10 00:40 |只看該作者
Sorry to give a long-winded message. Let me make my points clearer:

- Which school's culture is more suitable for my daughters? (e.g. religion, spirit and principle of education, teaching environment and etc)

- Whether the school is through-train school or not? This is particular important as children may feel unhappy if their classmates leave the school because of their poor academic results. I also don't want my children change schools ffrequently if thier results are poor.

- If the school is not a through-train school, that school may creat a competitive learning environment such that children may become result-oriented. They may always think that only the best can stay there. In fact, I hope my children can understand a school is a mini society where they should learn how to get along with others and share with others but not a place to compete with others.

- Whether the school is a private or subsidised school? This may affect the school's principle of teaching.

- Whether the school is popular or not is irrelevant. If the children are happy to study there and they can find some real friends who can support each other in the future, that is enough.

18#
發表於 08-2-18 19:26 |只看該作者
Although GH can choose its students, but really competitive students may not choose GH.  So GH may end up with a group of above average students, but not the top ones (who may have also been accepted by DGS, co-ed, etc.)

19#
發表於 08-2-19 12:51 |只看該作者
It really depends on what your kid type, cause is the kid choose the school not you.  Think about this point.

20#
發表於 08-4-8 20:27 |只看該作者
I've got relatives' daughters now
studying at Good Hope and St Mary.
Actually these 2 schools got lots of
similarities, and thus the discussion here
is so hot.

By impression only, Good Hope English
standard is still keeping very high, but
St Mary English standard seems
dropping.

Good Hope got quite a large amount of