教育王國 討論區 國際學校 小學讀local school,中學才轉國際?
發新帖
樓主: kayan37
go

小學讀local school,中學才轉國際?   [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 17-11-10 11:03 |顯示全部帖子
Activehealth 發表於 17-11-9 21:18
我嘅意思唔係單只口音,最重要係語法,用中文諗野,講英文時要中譯英問題,英文變咗Chinglish...
There is no free lunch in this world, when someone thinks first and foremost in English, may be he/she won't speak Chinglish, but might speak Englese.
Most Hongkongers seem to mind Chinglish but not Englese, so I guess despite all the discussions about how important Chinese is, at the end of the day there is still a preference :).

2#
發表於 17-11-11 16:36 |顯示全部帖子
964000 發表於 17-11-11 15:36
ESF Cat1 (只懂英語) ...
Actually the definition of Cat 1 was not "only speak Englsh" but "do not speak Cantonese", that's why Mandarin speakers were also considered Cat 1.

3#
發表於 18-4-4 17:45 |顯示全部帖子
ACE2126 發表於 18-4-4 16:39
西方人不會覺得什麼,因為他們重視的是人與上帝的關係。為了跟耶穌,可以拋棄父母。 ...
I doubt if the Christian religion is a factor. "Honour thy father and thy mother" is Commandment number 5 in the 10 Commandments, it even comes before "Thou shalt not kill" (Commandment number 6).
It is also unfair to say Westerners will simply forsake their parents. They do care for their parents, just that they don't see it as much as a "duty" as Orientals do. The Western philosophy is, you have enjoyed the love and care your parents gave to you when you were a child, you can of course requite your parents but it is more important to love and care for your own children, so they in turn will love and care for their children and so on. Their emphasis is more on "passing on" than "passing back".

4#
發表於 18-4-4 18:37 |顯示全部帖子
ACE2126 發表於 18-4-4 18:05
I wasn't going too far to mean it "forsake"  ...
"為了跟耶穌,可以拋棄父母" <-- You probably should have used "離開" instead of "拋棄"
But even that, I don't think the Christian religion actually "teaches people to leave their home, family to pursue their dream, which is ultimately heaven" as you say, but I'll leave that to our Christian friends to answer if they wish to.

5#
發表於 18-4-4 22:38 |顯示全部帖子
shadeslayer 發表於 18-4-4 21:16
This is not value from the West.  This is value of the Bible.  You will be surprised how many peopl ...
In fact it isn't even the value preached in the Bible. For sure the Bible tells people to love God more than anyone else, which religious book doesn't? But teaching people to leave their parents and family? That is hardly a theme in the Christian faith, more like a misconception and misinterpretation drawn from fragments of the Bible.

6#
發表於 18-4-5 17:42 |顯示全部帖子
EconFather 發表於 18-4-5 16:19
香港整個教育制度,目的係幫助英國去訓練出本地精英,係殖民時代服務英國來統治香港。整個系統設計並不要 ...
I don't think it was the British who made it that way. If you look at the education systems in China and Korea and Japan you would find that they are not that different from Hongkong's, all are exam oriented systems where exam scores mean everything.

7#
發表於 18-4-8 15:38 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 FattyDaddy 於 18-4-8 15:40 編輯

Being undecided is normal and fine, these people are genuinely interested to hear other's opinions so as to help them make up their minds. They may ask further questions to clarify but usually they do not challenge other's comments.

More often than not, many have already decided but still ask, because they seek to reconfirm and strengthen their undisclosed decision. These types of threads are likely to lead to arguments.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題