關於英基的質疑(來自英基家長)   [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 14-11-11 01:11 |顯示全部帖子
保充一句:物離鄉貴。唔好問點解俾唔少錢,ESF只得 UK state schools 的質素。

2#
發表於 15-1-18 07:38 |顯示全部帖子
samsam123321 發表於 15-1-15 10:24
另外,有好多中國藉家長硬把本地學校的一套希望應用係esf學校...
This is so true, and not just in ESF but all IS. I was already staying away from applying to the localized/asian styled IS such as ISF & SIS, where parents pushed the teachers to give their kids more homework and the teachers complied. Even for the school my child is in, some parents are giving their children more 'help' then they really need.

I talked to some parents and they were so worried about their Grade 6 kids doing group projects where they need to find, research and present their own topics.They claimed that this is impossible, and that parents in higher grades too believes their kids need help in doing their projects. I was going like, what? I was doing research projects like these all by myself (no group) in grade 7 as well back home  (abroad) in a public school, and there was no help whatsoever from the parents; of course it was possible to do a group research project in grade 6 and parental involvement is not needed at all... And those parents were impress with how i was raised? They grew up in prestigious local schools here, and hence the culture shock.

I think many parents who grew up in the local system has such worries. If they are raising their kids in US, Canada, UK or Auz, they would have no problem letting go as that'd be the norm there. Given we are still on HK soil, however, sometimes i find that it is the parents that has "identity crisis" and not sure what they have signed up for. Unfortunately, it is not just their own kids they are affecting.

3#
發表於 15-1-18 10:16 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 hkparent 的帖子

According to the parents, when they studied high school in hong kong (sorry I have no exposure), it's basically memorizing and regurgitating to the teacher the syllabus that was taught. I wonder how much that would affect the way the LS bought-up parents raise their IS kids....
‹ 上一主題|下一主題