1#
發表於 12-5-3 13:47 |顯示全部帖子
我也覺得以這樣的薪水聘請如此水準的師資完全難以接受。
即使是任教對象是非華裔學生也完全不可以接受。
校方明顯失責!

2#
發表於 12-5-3 14:02 |顯示全部帖子
回復 FattyDaddy 的帖子

I cannot help but to reply to your post although it was not addressed to me.

No, I don't expect McDonald to serve up a perfect bowl of cha-siu rice, but I don't expect them to served up a "spoiled" cha-sui rice. Not very good and spoiled/rotten are two different things to me.

KGV is an educational institute and I as a parent expect them to teach all subject in a decent and acceptable standard, not substandard. Just because it is an English-Medium school, it does not mean it is allowed to teach bad Chinese to the students.When I went to University in the west, I took Japanese as a subject and the school made sure they get decent teachers for the job. Hire the right people to do the right teaching, as simple as that, no excuses.

KGV is the feeding school of my child's primary school, and that's why I feel very strongly about this.

3#
發表於 12-5-3 16:08 |顯示全部帖子
I actually think it would be a big mistake if ESFs school don't offer Chinese lessons. Mandarin is becoming a worldwide phenomena. You will only miss the boat if you don't even attempt to learn the language.

4#
發表於 12-5-3 16:22 |顯示全部帖子
I don't get your logic. My point is, there is nothing wrong for an English-medium school to offer Mandarin lessons, but please hire decent teachers to do the job.

5#
發表於 12-5-3 21:52 |顯示全部帖子
Somebody said it before, recruiting decent Mandarin teachers in HK is not rocket science and there is no need to ditch Mandarin in ESF schools over that. Better human resources management is all that is needed.

FattyDaddy, I don't really get  your point of view but you are entitle to yours and I am entitled to mine, that's that.   Over and out!

‹ 上一主題|下一主題