教育王國 討論區 小一選校 the offering letters of co-edu have been sent
發新帖
查看: 6612|回覆: 0
go

the offering letters of co-edu have been sent [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-11-24 23:49 |顯示全部帖子
Hi dear all,

Congratulations to all parents whose kids got admitted.  I can imagine how delightful it would be.

I am one of those parents whose kids got on the waiting list.  I have to admit that we didn't have high hope to start with.  We were indeed soooooooooooo surprised when we were invited to the second interview and it was only then when we started to dream about being admitted to SPCC.  Of course the two weeks of waiting was unbearable, and I believe you can imagine how disappointed we were when we received the result... it was like falling into hell from heaven... (well, a bit exaggerated... it was more like waking up from a sweet dream... back to reality, sadly).

The major reason why we didn't have high hope in the beginning and why we were so surprised to be invited to the second interview is because our son is a typical "active" type, curious, talkative and basically can't have a moment of silence.  Learning that the chance of getting admitted from the second interview is roughly 150/200, we then started our dream.

You can imagine how it was like when we had our second interview, with a boy like ours.  Well, I still think he did his very best... I mean, what can you expect from a child like him after 2 hours of waiting before the interview.  He didn't do anything drastic during the interview, but he couldn't help walking around in the room and exploring things like the glass table in the room and the electric wires and sockets...

Honestly, I still do not want to give up on the hope of being admitted... who would given this reputable school and attractive curriculum?  But I sincerely would like to seek an advice from all you parents here whose kids are admitted - "Do anyone of you have an 'active' kid like me?" or put it this way, "Do you think being weak in 'self-discipline' would be a factor indicating that my son is not a good match with this school?"

All along, I have heard that SPCC would tend to pick polite, mature and well-behaved kids.  I was still wondering whether I should try my very best to continue to show my enthusiasm towards the school, or whether I should confirm and accept the fact that I should focus on other schools that have a higher tolerance level with less disciplined ones.

Can anyone please help me with this?

Thank you very much.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題