搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 the offering letters of co-edu have been sent
發新帖
查看: 6607|回覆: 4
go

the offering letters of co-edu have been sent [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-11-23 13:02 |顯示全部帖子
My daugther was also accepted by St. Paul Co-ed. We are unrelated, not even at a famous kindergarten. Just moved to HK Island from Tinshuwai earlier on this year.

My wife and I shared shared the same vision as the headmistress - she is really passionate about education, spending half an hour to talk in details about the school.

We will give up the spot at Raimondi. Still waiting for DGJS.

2#
發表於 09-11-23 16:51 |顯示全部帖子
That would be a difficult decision if DGJS also admits my daugther. There is a theory that kids will be more balanced and complete in a co-educational school.

I also need to consider my little boy who should have a reasonably assured chance of being admitted, if my daughter is at SPCCPS.

No doubt. DGS girls are sharp, confident and brilliant. But I heard that probably because of single-gender environment, DGS girls are too independent and career-minded. Some have great difficulty in getting married.

原帖由 AC2002 於 09-11-23 13:42 發表
I'm the same as you. If your daughter also gets accepted by DGJS, which one will you choose?

3#
發表於 09-11-24 09:44 |顯示全部帖子
Many people who have been waiting for the admissiion letter probably reside in Kowloon/NT. So you have to wait for the website upload. Those live in HK Island should have received the letter last Saturday.

As for my case, at the end of the 2nd interview the headmistress already hinted that my daugther got accepted. But I have been been very anxious until it is confirmed.

I think the admission process is fair and merit-based, not in favor of rich people like other people said.

4#
發表於 09-11-24 09:56 |顯示全部帖子
I submitted my daugther's application almost on the last day as I was told that the chance of getting admitted was so slim, as we were totally unrelated. My daugther did not attend a famous kindergarten either.

It appears that top schools prefer well-educated parents and presentable kids.

I encourage all parents to try your dream school.

5#
發表於 09-11-25 00:24 |顯示全部帖子
My daughter also happens to be a very talkative, outgoing and presentable girl. But looking at the plus side, she is presentable, confident and very smart. What made me really worried during the 2nd interview was she quickly scanned all books on shelf, jumping very fast from one to another in less than 1 minute. I could even hear the noice when she was switching over books and opening pages.

Even worse, she interrupted our conversation with the headmistress asking for going out to toilet (She did the same thing during the 1st interview!). My wife and I had been so worried that what she behaved would jeopardize the chance of being admitted.

Luckily, she got admitted!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題