用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 St. Cat,根德園,劍鳴,VICTORIA,浸大附屬,朗思,約克,宣道 ...
發新帖
樓主: prosperityyan
go

St. Cat,根德園,劍鳴,VICTORIA,浸大附屬,朗思,約克,宣道,聖羅撒 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-10-6 16:29 |顯示全部帖子
KV for sure!
I heard from my friend that at KM only the students ranked top 3 in class can get a reference letter from the principal.  Maybe it sounds all right to some parents, but I simply found it unacceptable.  Isn't every child unique in his/her talent and shouldn't each one who demonstrates his/her own star quality receive in-depth reference from teachers and the principal?  KM is just a small school; this can definitely be done.  But instead they make the reference letter a piece of carrot for the parents to chase after and for the very young little students to compete for.  What kind of educational philosophy is it?

原帖由 prosperityyan 於 08-10-6 13:44 發表
你都係一個好有心既MUMMY, 如果係我個仔, KV 同KM 都收, 我都會好煩, 我依家都重煩緊報唔報KV, 因為如果IN左係唔讀既, 就唔好去搞搞陣麻, KV 出名是讀書好, 不過沒有活動, KM就可以令小朋友開心D, 不過學術上唔夠KV ...

[ 本帖最後由 猴子爸 於 08-10-6 17:27 編輯 ]

2#
發表於 08-10-8 13:06 |顯示全部帖子
An article in St Cat's latest newsletter reported that a professor conducted a test on kindergarten students to see how they perform on both Cantonese and English.  A group of randomly-sampled K2 and K3 students from St Cat performed very well.  It was quite impressive.  
Indeed, apart from the education offered by the school, I believe it also has a lot to do with the training provided by parents.  Regarding admissions, the school is obviously looking for students with parents who can give such support.

3#
發表於 08-10-10 17:06 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 # 的文章

应该不是全英语,因为学校还会教中文和普通话。好像他们是会把学生分组。
外籍老师很多学校都有,但怎样设计curriculum和教学方法,就会产生不同效果。St Cat很重视reading,家长在家里要跟小孩读书,回到学校,老师也会跟小孩读书,问问题,让小孩真的明白内容和用英语对答。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題