搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 KGV英婦教中文
發新帖
樓主: mrshoho
go

KGV英婦教中文   [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-5-3 10:35 |顯示全部帖子
Seems that the AppleDaily guys can't tell what the E in ESF means. It's an English school for Christ's sake.  What's wrong with teaching Chinese as a foreign language?

點評

manstap  100% agree  發表於 12-5-3 20:46

2#
發表於 12-5-3 16:24 |顯示全部帖子
FattyDaddy 發表於 12-5-3 15:15
I do agree ESF has made a mstake, the mistake is to offer Chinese at all. Just like it would be a mi ...
Exactly. Enrolling one's kid in ESF and expecting decent enough Chinese is like walking into McDonald's and expecting decent BBQ pork rice.

3#
發表於 12-5-3 16:32 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 tingtingting 於 12-5-3 16:35 編輯

I'm gutted by the way AppleDaily reported it: telling a small part of the story and magnifying the trivia.  The Chinese curriculum is not a 2 page document. It must be a huge document if not a collection of many documents.  There are bound to be mistakes to be found, if only one looks carefully enough.  To accuse the teachers and the Chinese Head of being unprofessional based on those mistakes is unprofessional.

BTW, ESF schools are English schools, that is.  At ESF schools, Chinese is no different from French, Latin, German or Spanish as a second language.

I am not offering excuses for the teachers.  But, who can say that the teachers are not already doing their best within all the constraints?

4#
發表於 12-5-3 20:54 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:KGV英婦教中文

本帖最後由 tingtingting 於 12-5-3 21:05 編輯

I find it amusing that those parents who send their children to ESF take Chinese so seriously. Shouldn't it be an informed decision? If they care about Chinese, why not CIS or ISF? After all, it is ENGLISH Schools Foundation.  I am not saying that it is OK to teach with poor materials. But, to rely on an English school to teach proper Chinese is kind of weird.

By the way, if people do care about Chinese, why accept 殘體字 (so called simplified Chinese) in the first place? Don't they know that ESF don't teach 正體 Chinese?

‹ 上一主題|下一主題