發新帖
查看: 1148|回覆: 2
go

有無九龍真光小學的家長呀?? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-9-4 21:45 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 有無九龍真光小學的家長呀??

Kiu Kiu Ma Ma,

My daughter has just promoted to P.1 for few days. Overall, this school is found not bad. Also, I have confidence in True Light which has over 100 years of experiences in managing schools. On the other hand, P.6 studuents have a priorty to enter to their secondary school as if 1) the examination result is good 2) they're interested in regardless it is a Chinese school.

2#
發表於 04-9-8 11:03 |顯示全部帖子

Kiu Kiu Ma Ma,

There is no special reasons that True Light has less & less students than before as the birth rate in HK is  decreasing. This year, TL has 2 classes in P1. and each class has only 30 students. I think it's good for teachers to manage a class effectively and take more care of each student.
About the syllabus, they have 2 lessons in a week for Mandarin. For English, each day carries different topic to improve the student's overall English standard, like: Composition on Monday, Phonics on Wednesday etc.
Overall reputation of True Light is very positive and the school culture is very good. School fee is also fair. Seldom of new immigrants in found in school also.
Hope this can help your consideration.

3#
發表於 04-9-12 18:07 |顯示全部帖子

Creative drawing was the interview method. Students then needed to explain the picture they have drawn. This facilitate the school to understand how the students think and have experienced. Personally, I agreed with the approach rather than doing a lot of test papers.
For English standard, I think it's already good enough. As I mentioned before, they have covered different aspects on improving the students' English standard, like phonics, composition, reading, etc.
So far, my daughter enjoyed her school life very much, at least, she always wears a big smile on her face and is happy to go to school every day. That's the most reward that I have for choosing this school.
I don't have particular comments on their secondary school which is in Chinese. I believe we can have more & better choices if her school result maintains good. After all, it's all depending on how the student perform instead of the language using by school.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題