搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 Removed
發新帖
樓主: 凱富路
go

Removed [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-11-18 20:47 |顯示全部帖子
Let' have a peaceful discussion.  樓主's view is not important.  

Most of the comments are correct.  We may miss one.  The goverment does not allow us to choose freely.  The put a lot of restriction on the admission procedure which make us feel unsecure.  Most of us don't want to wait for the lucky draw.  We want our children to study, if not in a best/most famous school, at least not a bad school.  The government did a lot, but most of them I disagree.

When I were young, my parents took me to interview.  I was accpeted by LS and a much less famous school.  My parent did not choose LS for some reason.  At least the choice was on our hand.

2#
發表於 08-11-19 15:30 |顯示全部帖子
Your personal view is not important and should be respected.  I appreceiate you create such a debate.

You are correct when it comes to local univeristy admission.  This also explains how come the pressure of the local public eximination and destory the complete educaiton system.

When it comes to overseas top top unviersities admission, there are lot of students with full mark in SAT or other public eximination, but that is not enough.  A good reference letter will help.  Also, you need to have an excellent resume including ECA, charity work.  Of course, you can achieve that even if you study in a so called standard school.  However, those 1st tier school can provide the student more opportunities in different aspect of education.

When it comes to job seeking, i do not agree with you.  there is no equal opportunities, especially for private sector.  Why most of AO ten years ago were come from HKU?  Why most of i-bank hire trainee from overseas univeristies? Are they really ALL superior to local graduates?  for myself, I would say I prefer a better looking secertary with equal ability.  I won't pick specifically the graduate from a particular seconday school, but when I interview candidate from a school which I am interested in, e.g. my formal school, my son's school, for sure I will be more willing to talk with this candidate and they will certainly have advantage.

原帖由 凱富路 於 08-11-19 13:34 發表
The topic of this thread only came up during the discussion with our friends who are also applying primary schools at the same time.  I posted the topic here merely as "debate" topic without any pre-d ...

3#
發表於 08-11-19 15:41 |顯示全部帖子
If the topic was changed to "Does famous school help?", I think we all come to same conclusion.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題