教育王國 討論區 國際學校 耀中兩歲班
發新帖
樓主: Momotat
go

耀中兩歲班 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-2-16 09:09 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 耀中兩歲班

my son will join the 2 yr old class this August.

During the 'interview', actually it's not an interview at all (just talking to the parent(s) and no test will be given to the kid (in my case)...the headmistress will tell you don't expect your son will learn phonics... in the class coz they are not 'that type' of school... she emphasises on their objective '愉快學習'...and that's the reason why I choose YC.

Yes, you have to pay a few cheaques once u finish the conversation with Ms Kam (the headmistress), one is for registration, one is for one month school fee, and also for the uniforms... (don't remember the exact items) but these cheaques will bank in to their accounts in different timing... (the staff will tell u in details)

Hope it helps and wish ur son will be my son's classmate too.

吾家三隻小豬樂融融 ;-)  ;-)  ;-)

2#
發表於 06-2-18 11:18 |顯示全部帖子

好似依家起緊...都係係Kowloon Tong 到
吾家三隻小豬樂融融 ;-)  ;-)  ;-)

3#
發表於 06-2-21 09:30 |顯示全部帖子

Momotat 寫道:
Blythe_miki,
Thanks very much for your info. I feel much comfortable to choose YC for my son now.... La Salle is also my favourable school for my son ah!  
Of course no kindergarten can guarantee a place in 津校, and I won't choose YC just because it has higher chance of entering La Salle.....just hope the education they provide can train him to be a smart child, so that his chance of getting into good schools will be increased.

That's also my view too... I hope my son can start his learning life in a pleasure environment...and can train him as a smart kid in order to increase his competibility in entering good primary school.

However, I still struggle on whether to let my son in studying K1 in YC coz entering into IS is not my target... so I may switch to local kindy after grad from 2 yr old class...
吾家三隻小豬樂融融 ;-)  ;-)  ;-)

4#
發表於 06-2-21 14:10 |顯示全部帖子

Momotat,

wish our sons will be 同班同學 lar      

我唔記得幾時要幫個細路仔做身體檢查+copy張針咭反YC...如果你記得既話please tell me lar.

My son's name is Joshua, how abt yours?     
吾家三隻小豬樂融融 ;-)  ;-)  ;-)

5#
發表於 06-2-22 09:03 |顯示全部帖子

SumSumBB 寫道:

我正考慮耀中的N1,好擔心學英文的問題,請問每日會有多少時間是外藉老師教英文呢?是否無普通話學?

For yr 2 class (as I know and any mami please correct me if I am wrong)... no 普通話學...

普通話will be organised for yr 3 and yr 4 class (International stream) only...

外藉老師教英文??? for my understanding from the conversation with Ms Kam... there'll be two teachers in one class, one speaks cantonese and one speaks English... and I have seen that those 2 yr old kids can speak 'English' to the English teacher and 'Cantonese' to the Chinese teacher.

吾家三隻小豬樂融融 ;-)  ;-)  ;-)

6#
發表於 06-2-23 14:21 |顯示全部帖子

Momotat,

I share the same view as you'其實我並不太著眼於每天有幾多小時教英語之類, 我會著重出到黎個效果多d'

and when I attended the interview on last Oct (the time when 2 yr. old kids had started their study there for 2 months), I found that they could communicate with the foreign teachers without much problem also...

吾家三隻小豬樂融融 ;-)  ;-)  ;-)

7#
發表於 06-2-24 09:28 |顯示全部帖子

SumSumBB 寫道:
Hi Joshua媽,
我個仔又係叫Joshua,係佢個聖名,我地平時多數叫佢Josh 仔。

Ha Ha.... your son is the third 'Joshua' that I know...

Both I and my hubby are Christian and we want to choose a name in the bible for our son, we both like Joshua, 佢係一個大能既勇士, 他繼承Moses係最終能帶領以色列人入Cannan...we choose this name for our baby is coz we want his also be a good servant in Lord...

Another Joshua that I know is in my Church, he is a lovely boy (although many people say he is very naughty)... he speaks English very well although both his parents are Chinese... When I attend the Sunday School on Sunday, he always sit beside me... and other mami laughs at me that I've two kids on Sunday!!!
吾家三隻小豬樂融融 ;-)  ;-)  ;-)

8#
發表於 06-2-24 09:33 |顯示全部帖子

SumSumBB,

If Josh Pa wants Josh仔 studies in a 100% English environment, maybe YC is not the best choice for you wor        As u are willing to pay the high school fee, have u considered Kingston/Tutortime --- International kindy also???

For me, yes, I've 聽左新生入學介紹會才安排interview...
吾家三隻小豬樂融融 ;-)  ;-)  ;-)

9#
發表於 06-2-24 11:42 |顯示全部帖子

Tutor time 係 Red hill 個bin 好堅個喎...不過係Kowloon Tong 呢bin 又真係新左DD...    

In the beginning my good colleague's wife highly recommended me to apply Kingston... however, after discussing with my hubby, both of us go the same view that we'll let Joshua to study in local schools rather than intl schools in future... so I haven't considered it afterwards lor...

吾家三隻小豬樂融融 ;-)  ;-)  ;-)

10#
發表於 06-2-27 08:56 |顯示全部帖子

We've joined the 嬰兒奉獻禮 for Joshua this January laaa...
吾家三隻小豬樂融融 ;-)  ;-)  ;-)

11#
發表於 06-2-28 11:20 |顯示全部帖子

sumsumbb,

Yes, we are 基督徒       + YC is also have Christian background...
吾家三隻小豬樂融融 ;-)  ;-)  ;-)

12#
發表於 06-3-1 09:28 |顯示全部帖子

for me, I haven't got this worry wor...

maybe in my plan, YC is for 2 yr old class and then I'll switch to another kindy afterwards la....

However, if Joshua likes YC very much, I may stick to YC till K3 ga...

I'm sure even u proceed to YC's primary school, that will be okay (well of coz u better choose the international stream rather than mainstream la)... but since the school fee for YC's primary school is sooooo high... then      
吾家三隻小豬樂融融 ;-)  ;-)  ;-)

13#
發表於 06-3-2 09:10 |顯示全部帖子

sorry, the mainstream class I say is for kindy arr... and primary school is an English speak Intl school ar...

吾家三隻小豬樂融融 ;-)  ;-)  ;-)

14#
發表於 06-3-2 09:13 |顯示全部帖子

Patbee+SumSumBB,

Well, I like Kingston very much too... (more than YC ga) ... school fee is not my concern by that time but I like the English + Mandarin environment there...

however as I and my hubby agree to let our son to study in local kindy in K1... so we choose YC lor...
吾家三隻小豬樂融融 ;-)  ;-)  ;-)

15#
發表於 06-3-2 12:12 |顯示全部帖子

Josh仔表姐仔好叻呀...

CCKG + DGJs ....         
吾家三隻小豬樂融融 ;-)  ;-)  ;-)

16#
發表於 06-3-3 11:57 |顯示全部帖子

CherylMum,

I know that St Cat has two campus, Norfolk road + ?? Road in Kln tong... do u know which one is better?
吾家三隻小豬樂融融 ;-)  ;-)  ;-)

17#
發表於 06-3-4 10:53 |顯示全部帖子

Patbee, thanks for your info.

I also heard some '路邊社' gossips about St Cat
but it's abit different wor?! (of coz dunno whether it's true or not laa)

One said the teachers will not give the tough tasks to kids during the K1 interview... but some said they will... but some said even the kid did nothing at all (or even no answer)... they will still accept them (coz both the parents are doctors    )

Some people said St Cat is good for creative kids coz not much homework wor?! (big difference from 根x園)...but if the kid is not the type of 'creative' boy/girl... they may not like it wor?!

2. for the question of confusion of languages... I think (my opinion only)... not a big deal for them... as long as u as a mother accepts that he/she needs  a longer 'traditional' period (especially compares with other kids who learns one single language such as Cantonese and the gossips from other people such as 99, 62...) for them to accomodate the 'billangual' or 'trillangual' environment, they'll success in final ...

however, I do trust the theory that kids during 0-6 yrs old is the 'BEST' time to learn languages... and so... I'll shut off my ears and continue my works (speaking English in front of him) and I put him to YC for N1 lor.

Just my opinion only ar...     
吾家三隻小豬樂融融 ;-)  ;-)  ;-)

18#
發表於 06-3-8 21:04 |顯示全部帖子

Thanks, Snake, for your sharing.

I also wish my son like your daughter who ''really want to go school' and enjoy the school life in YC.

BTW, will u let your daughter to study YCIS ?     
吾家三隻小豬樂融融 ;-)  ;-)  ;-)

19#
發表於 06-3-9 13:39 |顯示全部帖子

Thanks, Chatterbox, for sharing your valuable experience to us.

I'm also planning to let my son to study in local mainstream kindergarden after grad from YC's 2 years old class.  SC is one of my choices coz you know, the competition is quite keen in general.

Before reading your post, I also worry about the transition from an international kindergarden to a local mainstream kindergarden ... but after your sharing, I feel more comfortable now. ... (but still abit worry abt SC's interview... coz seems to be quite tough for a '2 yr old kid'...      )

My colleague also appreciates the education methods + syllabus of teaching English in SC... coz her daughter has successfully got a place in a famous local primary school this September.  Can u share with us abit more about your sons' school life in SC?  (Do they need to do lots of homework?  what's the phonic system they used? ....)

Many thanks.
吾家三隻小豬樂融融 ;-)  ;-)  ;-)

20#
發表於 06-3-10 14:28 |顯示全部帖子

Thanks alot for your sharing, Chatterbox.

Joshua is now 19 months old but he can only speak a few 'simple' words such as 'duck', 'dog', 'ball', 'bowl','banana', some 'numbers' and alphabets.  He can recognise nearly all the alphabets + numbers.  When you ask him where is the letter 'R', he will point to the position of the letter 'R' in the alphabet poster. In addition, he likes to play shape sorter, puzzles and he likes reading very much... however, he seems like to speak 'English' more than 'Chinese'...(dunno why coz my parents accompany him + speak Cantonese to him in daytime      )

He will enter YC's 2 years old class this August and currently we've joined a PG at Kln Tong on Saturday.
吾家三隻小豬樂融融 ;-)  ;-)  ;-)
‹ 上一主題|下一主題