搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 New ESF Kinder
查看: 7263|回覆: 25
go

New ESF Kinder [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-12-22 01:51 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Queenie601 於 08-12-20 17:55 發表
I heard that a new ESF Kinder will be opened in Ma On Sha in coming school year.  Is it truth?  If yes, may I know that where is it?  And how to apply.  Please help...

see these links for ESF International Kindergarten Wu Kai Sha:

http://www.esf.org.hk/esf_kindergarten/wukaisha.htm

http://www.esf.org.hk/esf_kindergarten/wukiasha%20A5_single.pdf

2#
發表於 09-1-7 13:37 |顯示全部帖子
check these link:

http://www.esf.org.hk/esf_kindergarten/index.htm

http://www.esf.org.hk/esf_kindergarten/admissions/application.htm

3#
發表於 09-1-21 00:08 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 nc2000 於 09-1-18 17:31 發表
請問esf kinder 需要interview 嗎? 以何準則收生呢?  母語需要是英文嗎? 謝謝

No need, but priority gave to those who are Native English Speakers family, and if you kid has foreign passport it is a PLUS too.

4#
發表於 09-1-21 00:10 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 joannababy 於 09-1-20 23:35 發表
My son is so lucky that he has already got the offer from ESF (WKS), but I have the same worry and concern like many other parents that how to catch up the level of Chinese language for my son.

I know some parents will have their kids to study ESF in AM / PM, then find a local kinder for their kids to study in PM / AM so they can learn Chinese, vice versa.

But is it too much for a 3 yrs old kid? If your answer is Yes, then relax. Your kid is only 3 years old. Ask yourselves, what are you doing when you are only 3 years old? They actually need to sleep and play more!  

5#
發表於 09-1-21 11:22 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 teresalok620 於 09-1-21 10:31 發表
popolung, 想問下如果學校真係比我pm class, 而我想轉am class, 係唔係都係要寫信waiting?

Yes, and normally they don't allow you to change unless it is available, and normally it is very full and waiting list is very long. Don't mind about PM class, ESF Kinder is a very good kindergarten!

6#
發表於 09-1-21 14:01 |顯示全部帖子
1. Once you got admission notice you will know it is AM or PM

2. Depend on if you want your kid to learn a lot of academic stuff, or you want them to be happy. ESF has a very good English environment as most kids are native Eng speaker, so your kid Eng must be better than those in local kinder for sure. And their teaching style is more interactive so they will be more willing to go to school everyday. But some parents may comment that ESF may be too loose, then you may need to take a balance, and you have to give them extra support after school hour. Again they are only 3 years old kids.......

原帖由 mienmien 於 09-1-21 11:31 發表

Hi Popolung,

Your info were very helpful indeed. Just 2 questions.
1/ When would we know the allocation of am/pm session?
2/ Can you share your opinion on ESF kinder since you mentioned that this  ...

7#
發表於 09-1-24 01:33 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Mqchris 於 09-1-23 16:37 發表
is there any Chinese lesson in ESF....

Normally 1 - 2 hours Mandarin Class in a week.....

8#
發表於 09-2-6 00:46 |顯示全部帖子
ask the WKS principal if they have back-up once the kinder can't open in Aug, like if they will rent other school to operate first, etc. Of course for kinder is quite difficult than others.... good luck to all!

9#
發表於 09-2-6 12:25 |顯示全部帖子
I hope it will be fine, but as potential WKS students, parents do call ESF frequently and ask them more about the WKS facilities and completion date, so make sure ESF management alert about this issue.

Also parents can group yourselves and go to meet the new principal and ESF mgt once she is on board in Apr / May. I guess it will help.

10#
發表於 09-2-6 13:40 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 teresalok620 於 09-2-6 12:44 發表
tks popolung for your advice

welcome. Go talk to the school and ESF more. This is how we deal with foreigners and overseas management, and in most of the case they don't mind we ask more and keep communicate. Good Luck to all. You will find your kids love to go ESF Kinder and this worth the wait and worry for the time being.

11#
發表於 09-2-8 22:22 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 alenna 於 09-2-8 01:30 發表
I attended both TY visit & info session already but I don't see things so negative. It's true that there may be some teething problems ahead but as a whole the school's quite good.  During both meetin ...

I think they are talking about priority for interview, not acceptance.... just like other ESF Kinder.

12#
發表於 09-2-8 23:07 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Chiayu 於 09-2-8 22:46 發表
They offer my daughter the afternoon session. Do you know there is any chance to ask them change to morning session?

quite unlikely. But take the chance to get in ESF Kinder as many other doesn't have that chance at all. :loveliness:

13#
發表於 09-2-10 18:48 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 DearDaniel 於 09-2-10 11:14 發表
Thanks maumiu,

I am still struggle!!!
Your boy is on AM or PM class of Boxhill??

i can tell you what happen this year if you want to get into ESF Y1 in the future. Here is what happened to the priority of getting in ESF Y1

1. Cat 1 (Native Eng Speaker) study in ESF Kinder

2. Cat 1 not study in ESF Kinder

3. Cat 2 (Non-native eng speaker) study in ESF Kinder

4. Cat 2 not study in ESF Kinder

No. 3 chance is already very low, so if you think you are no. 4 you probably have no chance to interview at all, if you want to get in ESF y1. So you think what you should do now, and get yourselves prepared..... so can i solve some of what you are struggling now??

[ 本帖最後由 popolung 於 09-2-10 18:50 編輯 ]

14#
發表於 09-2-10 23:03 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 DearDaniel 於 09-2-10 22:44 發表
Thanks popolung.

I am agreed with your points at all.

What I am also concern if my kid join the ESF kinder family and finally cannot pass or lack of place for cat 2 after the intervew to ESF primary ...

see what birdbird said, most of it is quite true:

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/redirect.php?tid=1698577&goto=lastpost#lastpost

Get into ESF Kinder only make your kid move higher in the interview list. What you need to do now is to make sure your kid can

1. how you can become "Cat 1"?

2. how to train your kid to speak very native eng

For 1, please refer to what birdbird said. For 2, I think it is all about money, time and heart. Start to make your family as a "Native English Family" will help. But not easy to achieve, read more story to your kid and watch eng program with them. Join more playgroup run by foreigners, etc.

Good Luck.

15#
發表於 09-2-17 00:43 |顯示全部帖子
see this notice on their website about the ESF WKS Kindergarten :

http://www.esf.org.hk/esf_kindergarten/wukaisha/KWKS%20-%20Update%20Feb09.pdf

Several meetings have been conducted over these past few weeks which gave us an ideal opportunity to meet with many parents interested in securing
a place for their child in the Wu Kai Sha indergarten. All those invited had already submitted an application form and been allocated a place so it was good to meet ‘face-to-face’ and begin the process of getting to know our future parents better.

It was our pleasure to confirm the good news for parents of 2005 born children [who would be due to start kindergarten as a K2 student]... Those
children will have priority for an interview in either an ESF Foundation Primary School, or an ESF Private Independent College. The rule requiring two terms attendance in kindergarten before the January 2010 interviews for Year One will be waived for such children.

Following the successful meetings, an opportunity was given to all parents to visit ESF's International Kindergarten in Tsing Yi, because of course Wu Kai
Sha is still in the process of development.

It was rewarding to receive so many flattering comments about the Tsing Yi kindergarten and to know that parents felt their time was very well spent.

Questions were raised about the completion of the Lake Silver development, and it is ESF’s understanding that the occupation permit for the
whole building is due in May. That is the point when ESF will commence its own internal fit-out, and all is currently on schedule .

Many families have also signed contracts, so it is indeed heartening that places are beginning to fill up.
Applications will however continue to be received, so please pass this information on to friends, colleagues or relatives!

Any interested parties should call Mr Dinesh Daswani on 2760 3913. The newly appointed Principal, Marilyn Clark will be in Hong Kong next term, so an invitation to meet her will be extended to all those who have already signed contracts. Her biography is being posted alongside this up-date so that everyone can celebrate the wonderful news of her appointment.

16#
發表於 09-3-19 10:39 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 QQSS 於 09-3-18 19:22 發表
HI!
My son is studying BOXHILL K1now, and I apply WKS for K2.  This week I will have a tour in TY campus.  However, I still have so many anxious before I pay the deposit;
(1) is that confirm open on Sept 09?
(2) the school bus route
(3) the opportunity go to  ESF primary is higher than still stay in Boxhill?

Besides, Boxhill had sent me the notice today that about the reservation fee (1month school fee), I still confuse, and pressure to make the decision, ANY OPINION?

1. God knows, so keep call the school, ESF Center and the new principal to check.  This is the update in Feb

2. As item 1

3. Yes, absolutely, especially this is their first year.

If I were you, I will pay the deposit for Boxhill first, just to play safe in case you think WKS is not suitable or can't finish on time, if money is not a concern. But I think as a big corp like ESF, they should have some kind of guarantee when you sign up with WKS kinder?

[ 本帖最後由 popolung 於 09-3-19 10:46 編輯 ]

17#
發表於 09-3-19 11:08 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 QQSS 於 09-3-19 11:05 發表
Thanks POPOLUNG, we still not sign the contract,  I have an terrible experience that new school campus cannot open on time, so that is my concern

So to play safe, you can pay the deposit at both sides first. If WKS can't finish their campus on time, ask them for refund. Of course you can't get back the money I guess from Boxhill if finally you decide to go WKS. If money can solve something, it is not an issue, again if money is not your concern.

18#
發表於 09-3-19 11:40 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 QQSS 於 09-3-19 11:10 發表
Did your child also study here?

Mine is K2 now in Abacus, will go to CWBS this Aug.

19#
發表於 09-3-19 14:15 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 QQSS 於 09-3-19 13:59 發表
That is very good that your child can go to ESF Primay directly, I hope mine can do that !

Good Luck!

20#
發表於 09-3-23 02:22 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 anpanman 於 09-3-23 01:29 發表
HI~BK MAMA,

請問今年(09-10)插班WKS K2嘅小朋友有冇得in ESF的Yr 1?

see this notice from ESF WKS:

It was our pleasure to confirm the good news for parents of 2005 born children [who would be due to start kindergarten as a K2 student]... Those children will have priority for an interview in either an ESF Foundation Primary School, or an ESF Private Independent College. The rule requiring two terms attendance in kindergarten before the January 2010 interviews for Year One will be waived for such children.

Pls call WKS to ask for more detail.

[ 本帖最後由 popolung 於 09-3-23 02:26 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題