搜索
教育王國 討論區 培僑書院 Puikiufriend 論壇
樓主: puikiufriend
go

Puikiufriend 論壇 [複製鏈接]

141#
發表於 08-11-11 10:09 |只看該作者
Thanks Mummon.

But I think the activities are much less than I expect. My son don't have interest or can't choose from those listed at all.

So he has no ECT this semester.

原帖由 mummom 於 08-11-3 17:55 發表
I think you got it finally, right?

142#
發表於 08-11-12 12:09 |只看該作者
Hi catnips,

too bad!
My son joins the school orchestra.  Does your son like  music?  My son plays basket ball at school everyday.  He would like to join the debate club too, but failed.  For me, he has enough activities.

原帖由 catnips 於 08-11-11 10:09 發表
Thanks Mummon.

But I think the activities are much less than I expect. My son don't have interest or can't choose from those listed at all.

So he has no ECT this semester. mouth:" />

143#
發表於 08-11-12 13:00 |只看該作者
Hello Mummom,

My son is now studying in G1 and I would like to enroll him to the Orchestra in higher forms.  Can you share the grade of your child and does he/she learn some type of instruments beforehand so that he/she is selected to join the Orchestra?  

Ononchu

[ 本帖最後由 ononchu 於 08-11-12 13:02 編輯 ]

144#
發表於 08-11-12 20:13 |只看該作者
原帖由 WingYiuMum 於 08-11-3 13:30 發表
PuiKiuFriend:
- 學校過分放任行爲暴力的學生。差不多每天都發生,而且不是對某一位學生動粗,而是對差不多每一位同班同學動粗。有些受害者在事前沒有對動粗的同學做過任何事情而挨打!究竟學校和該學生的家長有否正面面對有關事件,及研究處理方法。他們都是低年班的學生,如果這麽年小都不加以適當處理,大了就更加難以管教。

我也有這樣的感覺。我明白有些小朋友可能會出現情緒或社交技巧的問題,我們也應該有些體諒寬容的心,但回家後見到自己的小朋友被推撞而需要入醫療室貼膠布,我心裡覺得很不舒服。

最近校方舉辦了一些管理情緒有關的活動,我希望這個活動會有幫助。唉,只是...

145#
發表於 08-11-12 20:32 |只看該作者
另外,不知道有沒有人在這裡反映過,也可能因為我是新學生父母的關係,雖然校方出了一些指引,我對於購買校服的安排仍舊感到一些混亂。除了要在兩個不同的地方購買外,亦不知道標準的校服是如何。例如:什麼時間穿長褲(路邊社消息:是在某溫度以下才穿的,是不是?),什麼時候穿短褲?一定戴帽子嗎(Babykingdom清息:不一定須要的)?是不是要把所有的東西都買齊?

其實一張通告加數張相,問題就可以簡單解決的了。

146#
發表於 08-11-12 23:36 |只看該作者
Hi Mummon,

My son seems not to be very enthusiastic in sports, he thinks that having sports lesson twice a week is enough.  He is in library most of his spare time as he is a librarian.  I want him to have more sports activities in fact.

I didn't realise there's a debate club.  Was it listed in the ECA this year?

May I know what grade is your son in?

原帖由 mummom 於 08-11-12 12:09 發表
Hi catnips,

too bad!
My son joins the school orchestra.  Does your son like  music?  My son plays basket ball at school everyday.  He would like to join the debate club too, but failed.  For me, he h ...

147#
發表於 08-11-13 09:23 |只看該作者
Hi, Thomasming,

You could go to eClass ( Parent Centre ) to retrieve the information..

1.  在本區內,按 "參考資料" (resources)

2.  按 "檔案" (files)

3.  按 "公開文件" ( public files)

The file is " School Attire ".  

Cheers!

148#
發表於 08-11-13 09:30 |只看該作者
Besides, the school actually is not that straight, even your kids wear it not exactly the requirement, the teacher will just tell your kid ( not you ) and ask them to correct next time.

Unlike the traditional school, some parents may think the school notices are quite loose but the school objective ( from Dr Law ) is the school want to train up the students ( not the parents ) what/when/why they are expected to do.  Sit back and relax, don't worry, your kid will grow up happily and gain the knowledge he needed here.

natelie

149#
發表於 08-11-13 09:38 |只看該作者
Re : Children behaviour

Again, sit back and relax, you will not know what exactly happened during the 推撞 in the school, kids are full of energy and this is so common that they are 'hurt' during play.. My kid even fallen down from the stair, you know he told me the whole story why he is 'pushed' and explain to me this is an accident... You know I am really happy ( even he is hurt ) as I know he has grown up.  They are learning how to deal with different kind of people..I feel that as parents, we should not interfere his/her life too much.  Of course, if he is really suffering from bad behaviour of other children, they should let us know and see what we may help.  We should trust the school, don't you agree the school mission before you send him here ?

Cheers!
natelie

150#
發表於 08-11-13 14:55 |只看該作者
Hi natelie,

thanks for your information.  I just hope that the school could give us information in a more direct way to avoid uncertainty.  Not until you told me there is a resource centre do I know where to dig out the information.   But still I would say the information should be released by the school proactively but not from you as a kind person offering help to the newbie.

Of course we all know the mission of the school but at the same time we all care about the safety of our children.    What really matter is the balance between letting the children to learn how to solve problem themselves on the one hand and protecting your children from dangers on the other.   As a parent what I concern more is not about this minor injury, but whether or not such minor injury will become serious one oneday.  Afterall the school doesn't state that we have to let our children get hurt before they could achieve the mission.

Having said that, I don't think we need to point to one or two particular students when expressing our concern of students' safety.  I just hope that my child will be able to learn to cope with these situations while at the same time the school could adopt more general safety measures and to teach students to protect themselves and others.  

Hope your understand the feeling of being a parent.

[ 本帖最後由 ThomasMing 於 08-11-13 15:52 編輯 ]

151#
發表於 08-11-13 16:39 |只看該作者
Hi, Thomas,

I, as a mother of 2 kids, of course, understand the feeling of being a parent, you are not alone, i dare all the parents here care and love our children the most.  For me, I think we really need to give trust to the kids as well as the school.  They are learning to deal with the problem by themselves, too much intervention only 'hurt' their ability of learning.. God bless us, always. Cheer !

醒目開學勳章

152#
發表於 08-11-13 17:14 |只看該作者
[quote]原帖由 natelie 於 08-11-13 16:39 發表
Hi, Thomas,

我的囝囝之前兩個星期放學回家時,總是每天都有新的瘀痕在手臂和腳上.我當時都很擔心,因為他告訴我有同學仔打他.第一天我不理會,但第二第三天都是這樣,我也很擔心,心想怎麼沒有老師理會,於是打電話跟班主任跟進,但老師告訴我其實她是知道事件的始沒,而打人的同學是十分活躍的小朋友,老師多出多次勸告也不見效,結果那同學每個小息都要到老師處,不可以到圖書館和操場玩.其實老師們都知道同學之間發生甚麼事,也有跟同學分析事情,老師也教我囝囝遇到同樣事情可以怎樣做,這個星期囝囝回來都很好,再沒有新傷痕,他告訴我因為他已懂得怎樣處理.
其實學校那麼大,同學在操場到處跑,難免會有碰撞,總好過要他們停留在幼稚園階段,下課後排隊到洗手間,然後搭著膊頭回課室吃茶點.這裡跟傳統學校不一樣,曾聽過有些傳統學校真的像幼稚園一樣,上堂時急急也不可以去洗手間,要等小息時排隊一起上洗手間.
有時小孩子在成長過程中碰釘是在所難免,最重要是學到在碰釘中站起來.囝囝雖然有受傷,但他依然喜歡上學,每天早上六時多會主動起床梳洗,總是笑著給我一個goodby kiss,然後上校車.

153#
發表於 08-11-13 18:03 |只看該作者
Me too, my boy even 'warned' me that he has to study here for the coming 11 year too ( he is in P2 now ) and he definitly not change the school. I just told him except GOD, no one know what will happen in future..haha..
Let's join hand to support all the kids here and let them grow up together.
Cheers!

154#
發表於 08-11-13 18:07 |只看該作者
謝謝Luckymother and natelie的意見。孩子最近帶了個籃球回校跟同學玩。前天第一個小息的時候被班中一位同學推趺在地上, 受了點皮外傷,入了醫療室貼了膠布,不過籃球卻被搶走了,到了第三個小息後那位同學才交還籃球。其實我希望孩子有自己的能力處理這事情,亦不希望動輒要家長找老師,不過我又擔心事情會發展成一些持續的欺凌行為。昨天太太已跟孩子說過,鼓勵他自己去找老師,也教了他下次見到這樣的情況該如何做。

不過,我們也決定,叫孩子不要再經常帶籃球回學校了。

155#
發表於 08-11-14 01:01 |只看該作者
各位,你們好!

很高興看到各位在這裏坦誠的討論小孩在學校的生活情況。就ThomasMing 關心的問題,我同意學校可以更主動地提供多一點資訊給G1新生的家長,讓他們可以有所依從。這點我會代為反映的。

當然,我們作為家長除了需要主動尋找資訊外,也可以在家長之間保持多一點溝通和交流。其實,如果各位有參加九月份的家教會茶聚以及願意留下個人聯繫方式,相信你們都已經收到自己班的家長通錄,而且家長之間已經有更緊密的聯繫。如果遇到什麼疑問,家長之間就可以互通資訊,分享經驗以及解決很多疑問。當然,如果當天沒有出席,又或者不願意留下聯繫方式,則只有靠自己的主動才能獲取更多資訊。

至於在校園發生的意外以及碰撞,這是無法避免的。就像我的小孩在小一以及小二都發生過幾次被同學碰撞,輕的手腳破損留血,重的嘴唇爆裂,人中的筋也斷了。做家長的肯定是心痛以及要瞭解原因。但是,當我發現每次都是意外,我只能教育我的小孩怎樣避免同類事件發生,怎樣保護自己。但是,無論發生多少次這樣的意外,我的小孩還是非常喜歡這裏的校園生活,而且還學會一身靈活的身手來閃避,同時跑步的速度也因此而提升不少,這就是他自己成長的收穫。說實話,我們學校的小朋友都非常活躍,特別是在小休時在校園每個角落蹦蹦跳跳,因此,碰撞是無法避免的。而且各位要有這樣的心理準備,就是你的小孩有機會像我的小孩一樣被撞倒受傷,這是一點也不奇怪。因為,小孩開心時就會失控,無論老師怎樣提醒也控制不住。除非我們像傳統學校一樣,處處規範他們的行為,一發生在校園跑就作出警告。但是,這不是我們選擇培僑書院的原意。

至於,最近發生的G1G3推撞的事故,據瞭解雙方都有不是之處。推人者固然不對,所以老即時帶G1同學去認人。但是關燈者已經不是第一次作出同樣的行為,即使老師曾經提醒他,但是他還是沒有停止,所以終於就發生推撞事故。其實學校是關注以及有及時處理校園的各類事故,但是,學校也希望給同學們一個自由開放的空間,儘量減少對小孩的制約。希望各位能夠理解,同時也讓小孩自己學會自我控制及自我保護。

原帖由 ThomasMing 於 08-11-13 18:07 發表
謝謝Luckymother and natelie的意見。孩子最近帶了個籃球回校跟同學玩。前天第一個小息的時候被班中一位同學推趺在地上, 受了點皮外傷,入了醫療室貼了膠布,不過籃球卻被搶走了,到了第三個小息後那位同學才交還籃球。其實 ...

156#
發表於 08-11-14 09:31 |只看該作者
Thanks PuiKiuFriend,
From what I observed, most of the PuiKiu Students are nice, active, helpful, lovely and full of confidence... Same as all other school, of course, some may be ''naughty' as they are really full of energy and like to explore 'their' world anytime.  They are learning and sooner or later, you will be surprised by what they have achieved in PuiKiu.  God bless all the kids there.

157#
發表於 08-11-14 12:41 |只看該作者
Hi Ononchu / Catnips,

Sorry! I  think that I may mislead you 2.  I have 2 kids studying in PUi Kiu.  G5 & G7.
the one in Orchestra is G7,  but he told me that some members in Orchestra are from Primary section.  He has been learning violin for 6 years.

I forgot most of the mothers chating here are from Primary section.   sorry, sorry!

原帖由 ononchu 於 08-11-12 13:00 發表
Hello Mummom,

My son is now studying in G1 and I would like to enroll him to the Orchestra in higher forms.  Can you share the grade of your child and does he/she learn some type of instruments befor ...

158#
發表於 08-11-14 13:31 |只看該作者
原帖由 puikiufriend 於 08-11-14 01:01 發表
當然,我們作為家長除了需要主動尋找資訊外,也可以在家長之間保持多一點溝通和交流。其實,如果各位有參加九月份的家教會茶聚以及願意留下個人聯繫方式,相信你們都已經收到自己班的家長通訊錄,而且家長之間已經有更緊密的聯繫。如果遇到什麼疑問,家長之間就可以互通資訊,分享經驗以及解決很多疑問。當然,如果當天沒有出席,又或者不願意留下聯繫方式,則只有靠自己的主動才能獲取更多資訊。

謝謝puikiufriend的意見。家長互助當然好,校方能把家長關心的消息有效發效就更妙了。

我也有留下聯絡的方式,不過可能出了點問題,收不到email message。萬聖節那晚也有到過班房數次,可惜空空如也,不見其他的家長。早知如此,在陸運會時就該把握機會留個聯絡。看來須要學習的不單是孩子,就連家長也得調節一下自己的角色。

159#
發表於 08-11-14 15:06 |只看該作者
今日同大少講開有關吸煙對身體的問題, 他突然話: 我諗
D老師都有食煙的, 因為我在 TOILET 格內見到很多煙 ! 不知是否有其事呢 ? 你們有無聽小朋友講過呢 ?

160#
發表於 08-11-17 18:09 |只看該作者
原帖由 Hang'sMum 於 08-11-14 15:06 發表
今日同大少講開有關吸煙對身體的問題, 他突然話: 我諗
D老師都有食煙的, 因為我在 TOILET 格內見到很多煙 ! 不知是否有其事呢 ? 你們有無聽小朋友講過呢 ? ...

沒有。

孩子說沒有見過。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題