搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 哪一間幼稚園英文好?york?st. cat?
樓主: Brica
go

哪一間幼稚園英文好?york?st. cat? [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 06-11-3 23:19 |只看該作者

Re: 哪一間幼稚園英文好?york?st. cat?

上星期都有去interview "york". 英文方面就不擔心, 在九龍塘的私校來說收費都ok, 起碼比st.cat 平.  不過我不知道st.cat 的其他收費. 因為聽說st.cat 及kentville 都喜歡大仔, 所以沒有報.
但說真的, 我覺得"york" 的校長講話好像口齒不清, 比人的態度好像很sales ( 其實看她的收費又不太像 ), 所以會不會是這樣, 很多家長都說她商業化.

62#
發表於 06-11-4 00:01 |只看該作者

The level of a K3 child is higher than an ordinary P1 child? What will the child when he goes to P1? What if he finds the lessons in P1 boring and develops a habit of not listening to teachers?

Why still consider a difficult kinder rather than an inspiring kinder?

Isn't a good foundation in the skills of obtaining knolwledge more important than the amount of knowledge a child has at elementary levels?

You may pay so much for a kinderl to teach your child knowledge up to primary school level. Why can't you teach him at home?

63#
發表於 06-11-4 01:43 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

64#
發表於 06-11-4 10:31 |只看該作者

York 就係深明自己係二線學校的原故,所以每年都好早interview,淨係收d 留位費都賺到笑啦!!
但其實真的不必担心,就算你唔交,幾時番去都收你既!!
即使開左學先番兜都冇問題!!
**p.s :my friend work here before,so I know something about this school law!!

65#
發表於 06-11-4 12:09 |只看該作者

enidchiu 寫道:
The level of a K3 child is higher than an ordinary P1 child? What will the child when he goes to P1? What if he finds the lessons in P1 boring and develops a habit of not listening to teachers?

Why still consider a difficult kinder rather than an inspiring kinder?

Isn't a good foundation in the skills of obtaining knolwledge more important than the amount of knowledge a child has at elementary levels?

You may pay so much for a kinderl to teach your child knowledge up to primary school level. Why can't you teach him at home?

66#
發表於 06-11-4 13:33 |只看該作者

但 SC 淨係要求家長寫小學及中學的學校名,無叫寫大學學校名喎。咁即係話您的小學、中學不出名,您是大學畢業生佢都不知道啦﹗無理由自己專登寫落下架嘛。

MCS 是哪一間學校?

SC 收晒名校的子女,然後他們的 GRADUATES 都入晒去名校,所以只需知道小學、中學,而不需知道家長是否大學生,都有道理喎。

67#
發表於 06-11-4 22:06 |只看該作者

Brica 寫道:

MCS 是哪一間學校?

Maryknoll Convent School

68#
發表於 06-11-5 00:55 |只看該作者

hi,

下星期的仔仔都去sc面試,想問下大家st的功課是否很多?他們的老師是否有愛心及心機教小朋友?還是搵錢多?其實我對這間學校認識不多,所以想大家指教指教。

我聽朋友講k2開始就多功課,我擔心小朋友會大壓力或變成不喜歡返學,咁咪重得不償失!

聽講sc很多學生一班(30人),又有成10幾班,佢校舍很大嗎?可以容納到百多位小朋友,大家又知唔知情況如何?

如果sc同啟思、劍鳴、培正、民生比較如何?我希望仔讀小學是津校,最多是直資,我不想讀私校,大家意見如何?

idy

69#
發表於 06-11-6 00:31 |只看該作者

唔同意SC在意父母讀乜中,小學,因我同先生都係讀普通中,小學校(雖然我先生係大學畢業),小囡而家都喺SC讀緊K1。

70#
發表於 06-11-7 00:37 |只看該作者

我個同事講佢個女(sc k1)o既課室比較細,但人就多d,有時仲有第二班o係佢地個課室入面經過(如有錯誤,請糾正),唔知係唔係開左好多班呢?

71#
發表於 06-11-7 16:01 |只看該作者

York 唯一優點有特別方式train 小朋友英文,同K.3時考公開英文考試,呢點係佢地強項,其他就no comment
不過如果兩間都收,First choic 一定係St Catherine

72#
發表於 06-11-11 10:23 |只看該作者

其實,約克的英文程度好好,小女去年於約克畢業,升小一的英文自己可以HANDLE,默書只用2-3分鐘串生字,但在約克已考多個公開試(劍橋,JET SET),目的是提升她的英文能力,現在,學英文就同小三至小四程度的小朋友去學,這都是在約克三年的成果,我好佩服約克.
另我朋友的女於ST.CAT畢業,但升小一後英文反而差過中文,這是事實,家長要考慮清楚.老師 出名很惡死,時常問小朋友有沒有帶腦返學.

73#
發表於 06-11-14 11:33 |只看該作者

Gertrude,

多謝您的資料。

請問 york 的學費幾多?多不多雜費?他們自製的 dvd, vcd等需要多少錢?

74#
發表於 06-11-14 11:35 |只看該作者

j129,

既然 york 的英文咁好,點解您仍選 sc?可否透多少少呀?
當中應有些 原因 的。哈哈﹗
該用戶已被刪除

75#
發表於 06-11-14 17:02 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

76#
發表於 06-11-15 15:10 |只看該作者

Brica,

Hi, N1 school fee $2350, L2 & U3 school fee $2200
雜費每年大約$800-$900 而DVD大約$100左右,要視乎DVD內容,可以買或不買,我細女於明年入讀YORK,希望與你的小朋友做同學.我兩個小朋友都讀YORK,你話好唔好呀!唔好聽太多閒言閒語,自己未讀過,唔好批評人,以我過來人身份自己選擇正確,我大女讀BAND ONE學校,是她自己投考,
面試考英文及國語.

77#
發表於 06-11-15 19:55 |只看該作者

Gertrude

我小朋友出年都會讀約克(N1),不過我問過K2會有機會轉下午,K3就一定係下午啦。同埋出年學費會有d調整。

78#
發表於 06-11-16 13:10 |只看該作者

小女在SC畢業,現已升小一了,現在仍然常懷念在SC的日子,常常說很想返回SC到讀,現在小一測驗各科成績都達優等成績,其他家長都有問她來自那間幼稚園,因有很多小朋友不合格,所以我認為SC能做到愉快學習及能培育小朋友根基打得好,另外我幫女女選SC的原因是方便投考私小及叩門津小,因我眼見女女的同學投考私小及叩門津小都有很多成功的例子(可能係名牌效應啦,所以我覺得如果SC肯收你,請不要放過,因大把人投考唔係個個都收。

79#
發表於 06-11-16 15:42 |只看該作者

Hi,
     Firstly, my small kid is now studying in St. Cat. However, I don't have bias on York. But I want to clarify some points. I found a Net teacher to teach my son's ( my big kid) a few years ago. She is now still working in York. My friend told me that she could teach Letterland. For me, this is the reason why I employed her. I bought a lot of materials for her reference and also asked her to use them. However,
she only used the main book.She didn't use the rest. I asked her the reason. She told me that in York , they only teach the early stage. The rest two stages are not included in the syllabus. Besides, they didn't have any training. In fact, the senior teacher provided the workshop for them and the teaching material is only the Letterland main book. Actually, the cost of trainig per teacher is around $1000.
As a kindergarten which emphasis on Letterland, I think the teachers should receive the adequate training.  Moreover, for the public exam, I think it is the Cambridge exam. In hong Kong, the kids under six cannot take the Cambridge test. Thus, the kids need to go to Shen Zheng to take the exam.
St. Cat has its own phonics curriculum which is designed by the teachers. It starts the learning from K1. The curriculum is systematic.
I haven't read the Phonics book of York. I got the message from the Net working there. Thus, if you choose this kinder due to the Letterland curriculum, I think you 'd better check with the school first.
One more thing, the class size is less than 27. My kid's class only have 22 kids. Just for reference.

80#
發表於 06-11-16 16:29 |只看該作者

Gertrude,

吾知現在報名會否太遲呢?雜費每年大約$800-$900又吾貴,但我睇書話每年雜費$4xxx(吾知係吾係加埋書簿/校服呢?)。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖