密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Friday AM SC interview-- bad experience
樓主: lnp
go

Friday AM SC interview-- bad experience [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 11-11-6 01:47 |只看該作者
after my expereience with SC and KV on Friday, i'm quite sure that SC is not my cup of tea. The actual interview process took less than 10 minutes but we spent almost an hour just to wait in different lines, eg. standing on the street with the bright sun and hot temperature, waiting at the "covered" playground with just a small fan for air circulation, sitting in different classrooms packed with people. Also, during this long waiting time, there was almost nothing interesting for the kids to spend their time, purely testing the tolerance of both the kids as well as the parents. So some children got tired after the long wait and hot temperature and started to cry. The worst thing was even after the long wait, the teachers didn't really show interest in the interview, rather it feels like they want to get the "work" done. When one of the teachers brought the birthday picture over and asked the children to sing together, she didn't smile at all or didn't even bother to get the children attention first. Her voice was so soft that none of the children at the table can hear or even notice her (may be because there are too many people/noices in the room). After she sang her song (all by herself), she just walked away. Anyway, I felt the entire interview arrangement was not so good. If a school is really good and cares about the children's well-being and there are so many applicants, then they should have split up the interview into more days rather than trying to make a scene on the street to "show" many people waiting outside the school.   After this experience, I was quite surprised how highly SC was ranked, especially if you saw the number of "black-face" mother inside the school and the "black-face" father waiting outside under the sun

I'm not sure how many people are applying for SC and KV, but the interview arrangement at KV is definitely better and the whole process was smooth

42#
發表於 11-11-6 01:52 |只看該作者
yes, KV is better in the interview arrangement.

43#
發表於 11-11-6 02:04 |只看該作者
原帖由 mister 於 11-11-5 21:50 發表
我不是有很多interview 經驗,但去年in PN, 及今年in 了幾間K 都有些是要等半小時或以上。但不會用呢樣嘢來judge 間學校,話人地唔consider D 細路, etc.

小朋友等吓,唔耐煩梗有啦!去in 呢d 有名氣d 嘅就預咗。家長之前自 ...

咁你等得耐唔耐呀?

44#
發表於 11-11-6 02:19 |只看該作者
原帖由 bcbcmama 於 11-11-6 01:47 發表
after my expereience with SC and KV on Friday, i'm quite sure that SC is not my cup of tea. The actual interview process took less than 10 minutes but we spent almost an hour just to wait in different ...

This is also why I said SC is not my cup of tea, not really because of the campus.

I am sure KV got as many application as SC did. But the ways they arranged the interview are just totally different.

Everybody knows kids dun have much patience. But SC made the applicants wait under the heat of the sun. Small kids needs to move around, but there is nowhere they can move. If there is no space to move around, at least try to do something to entertain the kids. I saw many parents had to withdraw from the long queue only because their kids were screaming. I am sure that SC has the ability to do much much better. Or may be this is just another trick SC tried to do to minimize the number of applicants. I had 8 interviews over the past 3 weeks, the arrangement of SC is really the worst.

KV's arrangement is good, just cut it short. Skip some unnecessary procedure, both kids and parents would appreciate that.

I really found no reason why we have to spend more than 1 hour to wait for an interview which last for less than 10 minutes.

45#
發表於 11-11-6 12:57 |只看該作者
原帖由 j-mum 於 11-11-6 02:04 發表

咁你等得耐唔耐呀?

In 10:30. 我 10am到,成11:30am 先走到。我們in 英文,在waiting room 等了好耐。不過見網上comment 話上年都要等,我都預了要等。

好在in 我們的外籍老師都幾friendly 。之後出了課室門外兩個外籍老師都揮晒手say bye。

46#
發表於 11-11-6 14:56 |只看該作者
My daughter interview at 10:45 and we got there at 10:42 and left the school 11:15 not bad ! English interview too no pht.

47#
發表於 11-11-6 15:09 |只看該作者
We waited in the waiting room for quite a while, I think they have missed out the row that we were at..

48#
發表於 11-11-6 15:29 |只看該作者
我覺得在室內(有蓋操場)等候時, 有機會影響小朋友, 一來陌生, 二來比較暗, 三來有其他小朋友喊OR想走, 好容易影響到, 而且大人都好緊張, 未必關校舍事.  

九龍塘芳芳都殘, 不過所有小朋友INTERVIEW前都玩得幾開心.  

我認為"等" 呢個問題都考起家長同小朋友.

[ 本帖最後由 史科菲 於 11-11-6 15:31 編輯 ]

49#
發表於 11-11-7 00:34 |只看該作者
definitely agree with bcibcmama...

And i really don't like the way they asks kids  questions while they're playing lego....

Kids couldn't not even hear what the teacher said...

If they want to ask kids question in a group, they should tell them to clean up the toys first and then pay full attention to the teacher.

Afterall, i agree that KV interview procedure is better than SC.

50#
發表於 11-11-7 02:27 |只看該作者
原帖由 mister 於 11-11-6 12:57 發表

In 10:30. 我 10am到,成11:30am 先走到。我們in 英文,在waiting room 等了好耐。不過見網上comment 話上年都要等,我都預了要等。......籍老師都揮晒手say bye ...

你等得仲耐過我!加埋你早到半個鐘,你哋咪等咗一個等鐘?!好佩服!你小朋友點可以咁有忍耐力嘅呢?我當然都帶咗不少玩具/書仔俾個女可以靜靜玩,入到老師房前十幾分鐘都很受控,之後佢就越諗越想同老師玩,就開始失控,我盡力安撫之下還算可以靜下來,最激氣係遲過我入嗰個家長都見咗,我哋都未有得!之後又發生老師叫名但無人認嘅情況,似乎係因為文件出了亂子!

我只係想問:
1)咁我哋為乜要排隊呢?入班房先又唔係面試先?流程上有明顯改善空間。
2)點解當日先花大家時間去排隊交出世紙,而唔早係入表時就收妥?
3)  點解有些人20分鐘完,有啲要等1個鐘?如果SC要用等去測試各位小朋友嘅話,就應該限定每位小朋友都等1個鐘呀嗎!

我想我同SC都係無緣㗎啦!希望你個小朋友得啦!

51#
發表於 11-11-7 08:25 |只看該作者
j -mum
Are u 1045 ?

52#
發表於 11-11-7 10:46 |只看該作者
原帖由 lnp 於 11-11-7 08:25 發表
j -mum
Are u 1045 ?

Mine was 0915. Around 10:05 interview start.

53#
發表於 11-11-7 10:55 |只看該作者
Surprised
0915 Suposed is a good time slot

,Anyway, i still think sc is a good school, but the logistics flow beat my daughter
This is life and lets focus on coming interviews

54#
發表於 11-11-7 11:08 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

55#
發表於 11-11-7 12:53 |只看該作者
原帖由 j-mum 於 11-11-7 02:27 發表

你等得仲耐過我!加埋你早到半個鐘,你哋咪等咗一個等鐘?!好佩服!你小朋友點可以咁有忍耐力嘅呢?我當然都帶咗不少玩具/書仔俾個女可以靜靜玩,入到老師房前十幾分鐘都很受控,之後佢就越諗越想同老師玩,就開始失控,我盡力安撫之 ...

Last year , my daughter's interview is on a rainy day . I try my best to keep her wait by using candy , pictures around the campus , etc....
Total time is about 1 hr .
I think it may be part of the test to find out patient parents . Don't just blame the school for poor arrangement . keep yourself patient and happy during interview . This can affect your kids .
Good hope also need to wait for long time to inteview . try your best in the following interviews.

56#
發表於 11-11-7 15:41 |只看該作者
Did any daddy or mommy know why a teacher come out in the first section(building blocks) to extract kids' attention to sing a birthday song?

thanks.

醒目開學勳章

57#
發表於 11-11-7 15:45 |只看該作者

58#
發表於 11-11-7 15:59 |只看該作者
我見第一part玩lego時有老師企係度mark分
我諗佢地有地小朋友反應比咗小小分.....但感覺90%分係面對面part 2度

當然, 我覺得家長background可能都佔唔少分....

原帖由 himuimui 於 11-11-7 15:45 發表
Will this part mark ?? My kid lost his control crying for too many kids stay in a small room and too noisy. When go inside for individual, he just miss to find things out from a beautiful pictures. Ho ...

59#
發表於 11-11-7 16:01 |只看該作者
原帖由 himuimui 於 11-11-7 15:45 發表
Will this part mark ?? My kid lost his control crying for too many kids stay in a small room and too noisy. When go inside for individual, he just miss to find things out from a beautiful pictures. Ho ...

I hope so too. And what is the point to extract kids' attention when I saw many kids were fully engaged in their block building.

I did not see any one was influenced, ie sang together with the teacher, as they were very concentrated. However, I did hear some parents sang so loud in other table!

醒目開學勳章

60#
發表於 11-11-7 16:10 |只看該作者
‹ 上一主題|下一主題