發表於 07-6-6 17:38 |只看該作者

Re: 如何選擇?德望小學抑或瑪利諾小學?

44#
發表於 07-6-6 17:40 |只看該作者

CC9918 寫道:
不要糾枉過正, 圍內比成績,身家是鐵一般的事實, 要有好高EQ.

比身家?!!

I don't know how you come up with this 鐵一般的事實.  My daughter has been studying there for three years and I don't notice any of this 鐵一般的事實.

Oh, how stupid of me! :

45#
發表於 07-6-6 17:55 |只看該作者

Bluestar 寫道:
RickyGloria,

(Who are you ???)

If you are really "my fans", you should know which school I went to.
MCS was considered a very worthwhile rival, a very good competitor.
Pls don't ask me to clarify.  I have friends from both MCS and GHS and I don't want to list their pros and cons.

The daughter of one of my classmates is now studying in MCS P3.  Their standard is really OK.
If you say life in MCS is tough, then life in GHS is even tougher.  If given a choice, MCS is my natural choice.

I am interested in the past tense in your "was" a woerthwhile rival ....

46#
發表於 07-6-6 18:21 |只看該作者

若果是我囡兒. 我一定會先讀 MCS , 之後如果真係發覺不適合. 再轉校也不遲.  轉回 GH 也是選擇之一.

47#
發表於 07-6-6 19:33 |只看該作者

hat 寫道:
若果是我囡兒. 我一定會先讀 MCS , 之後如果真係發覺不適合. 再轉校也不遲.  轉回 GH 也是選擇之一.

話轉就轉咩=.=
轉去同級學校, 一係有人事關係, 一係成績或某一方面好勁
唔係都幾難

48#
發表於 07-6-6 21:28 |只看該作者

anxiousparent,

I used "was" because I was referring to those good old days when I was studying in secondary school myself.

Of course, I no longer study in a secondary school now.  So I used the past tense.

Another thing is, once you graduate from secondary school, such rivalry vs other secondary schools is no longer important.

It was all in the past for me, ==> past tense.

Do read between the lines, pls.  

49#
發表於 07-6-6 23:13 |只看該作者

在這好多家長都說選 Maryknoll多過Good Hope, 講真比我選都是Maryknoll, 因我是比較現實的Maryknoll唔駛比學費, 不知這裡的家長是否這原因??? 因而對 Good Hope 另有看法, 至於教學方式及程度方面, 我對Good Hope 投信任票, 至於在 Good Hope 讀書有沒有壓力, 我女兒就讀得好開心成績也不錯, 尤其是佢好喜歡這裡的同學, 至於有家長提到上下午班及班房唔夠的問題(不知這些家長從那裡聽回來呢), 我在這裡只會說學校現在興建校舍, 但對學生的照顧及所提供的地方是完全沒有影響到學生, 學校所有的安排, 如校車服務, 學術的知識, 課外活動, 老師的教學方式, 同學之間的態度...., 我曾接觸過的比我預期更理想.  至於Maryknoll 我沒有直接的接觸過, 我只接觸過一位在這間中學畢業的畢業生, 但她是中學才讀的, 她給我感覺是很好, 所以我對這學校的印象都是好的.  另外我有一位朋友, 她女兒正在 Maryknoll 讀, 她媽媽只對我說女女讀得比較鬆, 呀女會開心D及有英文數學 (她是知我女女在Good Hope讀的). 她都叫我轉去 Maryknoll, 又唔駛比學費. .......... 完了

50#
發表於 07-6-7 00:07 |只看該作者

If don't mind to pay school fee, I will choose Good Hope. I believe the new GH P1 students' standard and family background are more similiar, therefore, the teachers don't need to use too many time and efforts to adjust. Besides, the maryknoll girls need to face a severe competition to get the seats of Maryknoll Secondary school.

51#
發表於 07-6-7 00:30 |只看該作者

如大家都升倒中學, 講公開試成績, 一定是mcs好過gh好多!

但瑪利諾升中壓力就大好多, 那些說無mug壓力的家長相信只是初小, 功課不是壓力, 但要保持小五小六band 1 全級80名(約)不是容易!

讀瑪利諾小學而升不倒中學, 這個結果不是人人接受到, 我識人因此中一就去了外國,

52#
發表於 07-6-7 00:40 |只看該作者

木土土 寫道:

公開試成績應該好少少姐, 唔係好多呀嗎

53#
發表於 07-6-7 08:48 |只看該作者

Bluestar 寫道:
anxiousparent,

I used "was" because I was referring to those good old days when I was studying in secondary school myself.

Of course, I no longer study in a secondary school now.  So I used the past tense.

Another thing is, once you graduate from secondary school, such rivalry vs other secondary schools is no longer important.

It was all in the past for me, ==> past tense.

Do read between the lines, pls.  

Perhaps I have read too much between the lines  

I thought you were referring to the old chestnut about the "dilution effect" of the seat allocation system on traditional elite schools.  Many of my friends (many of whom are graduates of traditional elite schools) had decided not to send their kids back to their old school because they were worried about the dilution of standards.  Some of them preferred to send their kids to their formal rival schools.   (which either remained private or turned DSS)

So I thought you were referring to the perception that the glory of many traditional elite schools have become somewhat faded (and hence no longer worthy of rivalry).  

What do you think of this "faded glory theory" by the way?

I do agree that after graduation, former rivalries between schools no longer mattered.   In fact in real life, apart from the first few years of work, when old boys/girls network perhaps still counted a bit, people rarely care what school you went to.  

- Except that I do think that your secondary school does play an important part in moulding your character and "style".

54#
發表於 07-6-7 09:08 |只看該作者

如果覺得初小冇壓力, 4年班開始應該續漸有.
5&6年班壓力更大, 因為要爭入頭80名 (聽說去年改為70名), 才能穩坐升上中學部那條船. 其餘便要博搞珠了, 中學部共給予小學部約130學位.
對那些小女孩來說, 看見平日一同學習, 一同玩耍的同學們可直升中學, 而自己將要離去, 心情確是難受. 確實需要家長輔導. 這情況, 我想無論在那一所有直屬中學的小學部學生, 都會同樣遇到.

我女兒現今是中學部學生, 至於那句 " 比身家是鐵一般的事實...", 只能當笑話看.

比成績, 無論在那所學校, 也難免吧 ! 最重要是良性競爭還是出於妒忌,  這又關乎家長從小怎樣教導孩子面對日後可能遇到種種問題時的態度, 及學生本身怎樣選擇同學。正面些睇, 遇強越強, 有競爭才有進步, 也是好事.

木土土 寫道:

55#
發表於 07-6-7 11:11 |只看該作者

anxiousparent,

Without wanting to go into further arguments, I just wish to state that I am FOR elitism, and disagree that the glory of traditional elite schools is in any way faded.

Agree with phm that healthy rivalry / competition = motivation.

56#
發表於 07-6-7 11:43 |只看該作者

女拔德望冤家碰頭

【明報專訊】學界女子田徑巨人德望近22年來18度捧走女團錦標,今年面對女拔的極大挑戰,經過初賽及複賽後,女拔暫以18分優勢優先,最後鹿死誰手便要看幾對冤家碰頭的賽果。

短跑﹕梁巧詩惡戰潘柏茵

短跑是德望及女拔兵家必爭之地,去年100米跑德望藉潘柏茵、鄭穎斯及林安琪壟斷甲、乙及丙組女飛人寶座,當中德望田徑隊長鄭穎斯將與女拔的亞運代表梁巧詩惡鬥,她們將在100米及200米決賽碰頭,加上甲組4x100米接力決賽,兩人今年可謂由頭鬥到尾,梁巧詩在200米初賽以破紀錄的24.93秒殺入決賽,心理上可看高一線。

長跑﹕吳嘉鈺硬撼姚潔貞

除梁巧詩及鄭穎斯外,去年連取甲組200及400米金牌的女拔跑手許文玲,今年調至乙組領軍,成績一樣出眾,打入100及200米決賽,她在這兩個項目均遇上「越級挑戰」的德望跑手林安琪,未知挾去年丙組100米冠軍威名的林安琪能否再造佳績?

長跑項目上則上演「隊長打

57#
發表於 07-6-7 11:54 |只看該作者

http://www.hkswim.com/news/20061011.html

58#
發表於 07-6-7 20:35 |只看該作者

不單是小女孩, 家長心情和壓力定必也非常沉重, 自己女兒要由maryknoll小學升往其他band 2中學, 還要面對親朋戚友! 那些家長又有誰輔導呢? 真係小d EQ 都唔知點算
!

phm 寫道:
.......對那些小女孩來說, 看見平日一同學習, 一同玩耍的同學們可直升中學, 而自己將要離去, 心情確是難受. 確實需要家長輔導......

59#
發表於 07-6-8 03:02 |只看該作者

Hi,

唔知我而家先至留言會唔會太遲呢???因為 7/6 係 MCS 新生註冊日,可能開呢個 Topic 果位家長已經有左決定囉!!不過我都想發表少少意見!!!
首先學 D 財經顧問申報利益先,我同我家姐都係 GHS old girl,不過我就讀書唔叻,所以只係完成左小學就唔可以原校升中學,而我家姐就係 GHS 中學畢業生。我有個好朋友囡囡而家

60#
發表於 07-6-8 07:41 |只看該作者

[size=medium]FUNG12345真係戥你 難過!你好可憐啞!冇人理你講野,就扮其他家長freetorun黎回應自己?? 自話自說,廢校深水涉英華家長你簡直冇得頂!………. 睇醫生啦 !

[size=large]廢校家長                   
‹ 上一主題|下一主題